Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / IDIOCRACY
Posted: Sep 2, 2007 10:57 pm

Anybody seen it? Funny. A million good lines. A little cheesy but one day history will look back on this flick.
Posted: Sep 2, 2007 11:43 pm

I dug it
Posted: Sep 3, 2007 1:19 am

Welcome to Costco, I Love you.
Posted: Sep 3, 2007 1:23 am

Go away! Bate'n!
Posted: Sep 3, 2007 6:36 pm

I unfortunately fell asleep during it last night. I had a guest who put it on.

"You talk like a fag!"
Posted: Sep 3, 2007 7:32 pm

great concept,terrible movie.
i'm totally gonna name my kid Beef Supreme,though.
Posted: Sep 3, 2007 9:01 pm

"... one day history will look back on this flick."

One day history will BE this flick. Probably sometime next week.
Posted: Sep 3, 2007 9:28 pm

I agree that it wasn't totally executed to the full potential of the idea, but it's still pretty damn funny. It's the little subtle things that make it worthwhile. "St. God Memorial Hospital" fucking kills me.
Posted: Sep 4, 2007 6:33 pm

I liked it. He had to keep it light-hearted due to the underlying theme. If you make a heavy handed statement about the perils of dysgenics, you get packs of sign carriers outside of the movie studios door calling you a Nazi.
Posted: Sep 4, 2007 8:08 pm

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Uh... You talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.
Posted: Sep 4, 2007 10:20 pm

isn't it great that i can go on youtube and watch this whole movie in 10 min chunks instead of doing my job?
Posted: Sep 4, 2007 10:46 pm

the opening sequence involving the mouth-breather's family tree vs. the yuppies was one one of the funniest ten minutes I've ever seen on film.

It gets exponentially worse from there, but still worth watching. Also, big ups to Mike Judge et al for the set design of the future world (cheesy as it was) on what I'm suspecting was a SEVERELY limited budget.
Posted: Sep 4, 2007 11:34 pm

I agree that it wasn't totally executed to the full potential of the idea, but it's still pretty damn funny. It's the little subtle things that make it worthwhile.

Pretty much. It goes down better with bong rips.
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 4:40 pm

What I find depressing is how close it is already to American 'culture'...! We were bummed out by watching TV for a few weeks after watching this movie... just by how dumbed-down so much of the media is. You can totally see this happening to us already.

What's also scary is that test audiences didn't get it, which is why there was no real big theatrical release of this movie.
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 6:30 pm

I liked this movie. I think it was a bit clunky but got its point across well (and there were a lot of really funny bits). I was set up not to like it, because most people didn't, but I think they (you) were wrong.
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 7:07 pm | Edited by: Uptight White

http://isteve.blogspot.com/2006/09/idiocracy.html

For this reason, I can't even begin to imagine Luke Wilson sitting in some talkshow and casually explaining how the premise of the movie is that dysgenic breeding is currently making humanity stupider and that is somehow a bad thing. That right there would be the end of his career.
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 7:19 am

Starbucks? We don't have time for a hand job...
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®