Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / The Ron Paul Bandwagon?
Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 2:43 am

Go ahead and repeat them. I do remember someone being shocked and then me piling it on.

I did mention Byrne in a couple of causal conversations but it's not that big of a deal or to prove who knew first or who knows him better. I was mentioning him back in August to people. I don't know him other than a saying hi to him a couple of times and from reading his stuff at Local Opinion and from the newspaper forum.

There are plenty of things within the last two decades to go off about the other candidates but I've not heard you say a thing about any of them.

Because everywhere I go I (on the internet) I trip over a Ron Paul discussion. And, as I mentioned, with the other forum we both frequent I try to stay out of the political conversation because they just became games in flamefest round robin. Paul was the candidate I considered supporting-now there's a lot of cracks in the veneer. I don't plan on supporting any candidate in this election and will probably vote for whoever is running under the Constitutionalist party. Maybe Paul will run under a 3rd party ticket. The last time he did though it ended up putting George the First into office.

Now, who's up for a snowball fight (just waiting on accumilation)
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 2:43 am

support the ron paul revolution (thats revolution, not evolution, which he doesnt believe in)
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/1507/rpaul010808freshmx9.jpg
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 2:44 am

A second page. Oh boy...
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 2:44 am

the ron paul political journal was an 8 page newsletter owned and published by ron paul. he claims some of the articles were ghostwritten but there is no proof of that because the newsletter contains no bylines, the only name on it is that of ron paul. how can you possibly say he isnt responsible for the content?

and, to clarify, this isnt a smear campaign but actually this information was brought to light by his tireless supporters, the white power movement! wonderfully ironic i think.

Moreover, the L.A. riots article does in fact bear some evidence of having been written by Paul, at least in part. (For example, the article relates the observations of one Burt Blumert, who is labeled "expert Burt Blumert" but who is actually just a gold coin and bullion dealer in San Francisco who happens to be a longtime personal friend of... Ron Paul.)

he published these words under his name in his newsletter as a representation of his views. it was an 8 page newsletter, not a 200 page book, any open minded individual will find it obvious he was aware of its contents.

his efforts to distance himself from it are more than a little disingenuous.
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 4:53 am

Ha, I remember me being shocked and telling you I'ld have no more of it in my house you racist bastard. Just kidding. The disfunctionality of or elections under the two party system without a run off option is not the fault of 3rd party candidates but of the two major parties.
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 5:06 am | Edited by: dale

Not the two major parties as much as it's the electoral college I think. That and people thinking there are only two real parties.

Okay...once again, I'm gonna bow out of another political discussion and start adhereing to the old barber shop creedo again.
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 5:25 am

The electoral college allows individual states to have a say in the election process without allowing large states to overwhelm the influence of smaller states. The elections are facilitated jointly by the 2 parties which have on multiple occasions refused to consider a run off system because it would threaten the illusion of choice.
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 6:06 am

Certain terms you've used in my presence were quite racist
Crazy-bat-shit white people know everything about race. I bet D.C. was the first time you ever saw an "ethnic", cracker.

I don't trust white people who yell loudly about morals.
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 6:16 am

outtasight!
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 6:23 am

I don't know what ethnic cracker means. D.C. was great the second time as I was there ten days with a certifiably crazy person, unlike myself(uncertified). Oddly enough I got asked out daily in D.C. by ethnic minorities. It was fascinating. I didn't take any of them up on it as I was struggling with the obsession to try sex with strangers countered by my celibacy. Thank God I noticed the AIDS warning posters all over the subway and left with my virtue still reintact.
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 6:30 am

Posted: Jan 15, 2008 6:41 am

The older I get the more I find myself agreeing with Brad. Except we will always have Ron Paul and rape to disagree about.
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 6:42 am

I worked and wanted to hang out with my kids for a bit before bedtime. The 3 of us are working on a "psych out blues epic".

Dude! A garage rock Prussian Blue?
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 6:46 am

Oddly enough I got asked out daily in D.C. by ethnic minorities.
Self-centered racist.
"Oh my! The darkies are giving me the vapors, the way they look at me!"

Braggin' how you know how the niggers feel cold, and the sun's got so much soul
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 6:48 am

It was mostly latinos but some black men too. There was this one seven foot black man who was moved by my crying over a Van Gogh self portrait who was the most tempting though.
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 6:49 am

Now I'm into a persian-Hungarian, he is rather tan.
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 6:54 am

Actually that is a Hungarian-Canadian of uncertain Persian heritage. He is tan with freckles and looks a little like Luke Wilson.
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 6:55 am

Michiganders-Don't forget to vote in the Primary tomorrow!
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 6:55 am

persian

Isn't that a nice way of saying arab?
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 6:59 am

I'm not sure. Is it? He's not sure of the Persian part. He only suspects it. Great. I know I'm going to be detained at the border one of these days.
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 7:03 am

Come to think of it, I was hanging out with Iranians, Chinese people and an Inuit person yesterday in a foreign country as well.
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 7:03 am

I'm not sure. Is it?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persians
He's not sure of the Persian part. He only suspects it.
Aren't they all suspect?
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 7:04 am

Do Persians have freckles?
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 7:25 am

In my years past of dating women I've date two black girls. One of them for quite a long time as far a young rocker days were concerned. Almost a year total (Granted it was many years ago so maybe if I get cited of why I've never brought it up) and with her I still keep in touch. We had plenty of conversations about race and stereotypes and she assured me that a lot of stereotypes DID hold water as I did a lot of the ones "on my side of the fence" did too. I guess we shared a common bond in racisim. We still keep in touch. Just last week she sent me an email about why NOT to support Obama because he's an opprotunist using his race as a hook. She's a public defender in Atlanta these days and has more disdain for "her race" than I could ever be accused for another one.
"I've been called a Cosby motherfucker" she mentioned in a recent email then added "Because I've decided to get an education?" She chose to not work on those cases.
Maybe I could use her to refute any accusations against me. I can forward the emails if you like?

I will say this. Kathy means no ill will, her heart is in the right place and is one of the very few people I trust watching my kids in this town (No, she's not their nanny or anything like that). She may be crazy but not as crazy as it seems...well maybe she is I dunno. I disagree with her all the time but at the end of the day she's must more sincere in what she believes in than most.
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 7:41 am | Edited by: tkrichards

Great. I know I'm going to be detained at the border one of these days.

That a racist assumption.

Do Persians have freckles?

Maybe he's just telling that to get into your multi-culti sympathetic pants.
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 7:46 am | Edited by: Jack Stands

Posted: Jan 15, 2008 7:56 am | Edited by: dale

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®