Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / THE SONICS ARE PLAYING THE CAVESTOMP!!!
Posted: Aug 31, 2007 7:03 pm

Guess I"ll see you all here...

THE WAIT IS OVER... AND HERE'S THE WORD!

THE LINEUP (and ticket info) FOR CAVESTOMP!2007 -- "The GARAGE Rock Festacular!"

They said it couldn't be done (hell, WE said it couldn't be done) but... BASEBALL BAT BOMBASTIC-LIKE DRUM ROLL, PUH-LEEZ!....

STRAIGHT FROM THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST IT'S THE ONE AND ONLY...SONICS!!!!!

First time in 35 years! And these TWO nights are their ONLY shows!

Featuring original members: Gerry Roslie!!! on throat/keyboards, Larry Parypa!!! on guitar, and Rob Lind!!! on tenor sax! With Dave Rowland (of The Wailers) on drums!! And Don Wilhelm (of The Daily Flash) on bass!!

THE NEW COLONY SIX!!! Doing all their hits! "I Confess!!!" "At the River's Edge!!!" "Dawn Is Breaking!!!"

THE STRAWBERRY ALARM CLOCK!!! Performing their first LP "Incense and Peppermints!" in its entirety! (Complete with surface noise!) With original members George Bunnell, Lee Freeman, Randy Seoul, Mark Weitz, Gene Gunnels, and Steve Bartek!

And now -- the complete lineups!

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 2

THE SONICS!!!!!!
THE THANES!!!
THE SATELLITERS!!!
THE OUTTA PLACE!!!
THE STAGGERS!!!

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 3

THE STRAWBERRY ALARM CLOCK!!!
THE NEW COLONY SIX!!!
THE ALARM CLOCKS!!!
THE URGES!!!
THE HIGHER STATE!!!

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 4

THE SONICS!!!!!!
THE FLESHTONES!!!
(support band to be confirmed)
THE WILDEBEESTS!!!
THE HALL MONITORS!!!

The venue: WARSAW! 261 Driggs Ave., Brooklyn NY! We can't prove it, but this is probably the first time you can get THE SONICS and kielbasa in the same place since 1964!!! And don't forget Polish beer by the barrel! (Smaller quantities available as well!)

Tickets are $35 in advance, $40 day of show, and THANK YOU JE-ZUS!! $90 for a three day pass!!!! Tickets are available NOW!! NOW!! NOW!! thru TICKETWEB at this direct link: http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/event/EventListings?orgId=20324

If you're in the neighborhood, pick your tix up at Ear Wax Records (218 Bedford Ave. in Williamsburg, Brooklyn) or Warsaw (261 Driggs Ave. Greenpoint, Brooklyn -- call (718) 387-0505) starting Wednesday, Sept. 5. Watch this space for more info!

We'll have more CS!2007 info for you later today!
Posted: Aug 31, 2007 7:10 pm

oh wow !!
Posted: Aug 31, 2007 7:12 pm

One would hope there was a show in the Northwest.

But it's worth a plane ticket to NYC.
Posted: Aug 31, 2007 7:12 pm

oh wow !!

shut it, marc almond.
Posted: Aug 31, 2007 7:16 pm

shit!!! I just saw the bulletin on myspace. I was hoping it was only a rumour.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
I need to marry a rich man!!!!
Posted: Aug 31, 2007 7:32 pm

Damn
Posted: Aug 31, 2007 7:48 pm

damn...the weekend after Budget Rock...but I'll figure out a way.
Posted: Aug 31, 2007 7:50 pm

sunday looks like the best night, since the wildebeests are sharing the stage. can't imagine most of the stuff on any other night is gonna be great.
Posted: Aug 31, 2007 7:54 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

spend the rent money!!!

I'm excited about the Thanes on Friday and Higher State on Saturday... see y'all at the Warsaw!
Posted: Aug 31, 2007 9:35 pm

the Sonics AND Zwiecs on tap!? Might haveta get a plane ticket....
Posted: Aug 31, 2007 10:26 pm

the sonics, come on, is that one or two peeps from the original lineup???
Posted: Aug 31, 2007 11:36 pm

meh.
Posted: Sep 1, 2007 12:08 am

THE SONICS!!!!!!
THE SATELLITERS!!!

You lucky bastages.
Posted: Sep 1, 2007 12:10 am

the sonics, come on, is that one or two peeps from the original lineup???

Yeah, but its Gerry Roslie and the guitar player! Looks like the other two guys will fit right in, too.

Hope he can still scream like he used to...
Posted: Sep 1, 2007 12:41 am

Yeah, but its Gerry Roslie and the guitar player!
And the sax player too.
Posted: Sep 1, 2007 12:43 am

spend the rent money!!!

I'm gonna spend it for Gonerfest
Posted: Sep 1, 2007 12:45 am

Is there a discount available if you bring some Geritol?
Posted: Sep 1, 2007 1:04 am

oh man so glad this is in NY
Posted: Sep 1, 2007 1:10 am

The Staggers and the Wildebeests rock!!!!!!!! The rest will (probably) be boring. Trust me, I've been to (too) many sixties parties.
Posted: Sep 1, 2007 7:12 am

yeeeeaaaaahhh
just bought tickeyssss
Posted: Sep 1, 2007 7:17 am

isn't sunday ALSO the day of the NY Marathon?

i wonder if they have some flight arrangement (ie: discount) you could scam on to if you were flying in?

i will be in memphis and can't make it unless there was a discount flight scam on sunday
Posted: Sep 1, 2007 7:23 am

at least now there will finally be a sonics video
Posted: Sep 1, 2007 7:24 am

All airlines have dicounts for funeral travelers. Just tell them you know someone that's going to keel over during the big bike race, or whatever.
Posted: Sep 1, 2007 7:34 am

hopefully they pay attention to why people like them and come out and kick ass and not just do a bunch of old man covers. i heard roslie was in poor health, has the guy even sang in the last 30 years? i wish i could afford to go but since i cant ill have to be satisfied with shit talking it
Posted: Sep 1, 2007 5:43 pm

supposedly they've been practicing since february and just recently decided they were "good" enough to do the fest...
Posted: Sep 1, 2007 7:30 pm

yeah well then everyone who actually gets to see it is asshole
Posted: Sep 2, 2007 3:43 am

All airlines have dicounts for funeral travelers. Just tell them you know someone that's going to keel over during the big bike race, or whatever.
hey kids, no need to fake any deaths to save pennies... after flying for a f'real funeral last year, found that the "discount" rate was fifty smacks more than the walk up price.

...and proud to tell Brad, I'm gonna be one of them lucky assholes! Should be good... Rosalie has backed out of plenty of other shows after having doubts over whether he can deliver. pretty significant that his outfit actually signed a contract...
Posted: Sep 2, 2007 4:03 am

we're trying to figure out a way to make it
it is possible i guess
Posted: Sep 2, 2007 4:20 am

hey kids, no need to fake any deaths to save pennies... after flying for a f'real funeral last year, found that the "discount" rate was fifty smacks more than the walk up price.

i had a similar experience - the "bereavement fare" i paid to fly from NY-LA was greater than the price i paid to fly from NY-australia! i think the so-called discount death rate was the highest i've ever paid for a plane ticket in my life.
Posted: Sep 2, 2007 4:43 am

I used to be a travel agent...nevermind...don't get me started. Yes, berevement fares are the bullshit's bullshit.
Posted: Sep 2, 2007 8:46 am

Is Iron Maiden playing?
Posted: Sep 3, 2007 12:53 am

Ordered my tix yesterday.
Posted: Sep 3, 2007 4:03 am

Is Iron Maiden playing?

yes but they are buying airline tix for the band's official funeral

grtcch are you BRL gretch? i swear i have some of mike o'neill's outtakes around here somewhere that he gave me on a kinks rarities tape!!!!
Posted: Sep 3, 2007 6:25 am

i swear i have some of mike o'neill's outtakes around here somewhere that he gave me on a kinks rarities tape!!!!

so you're the cunt who forgot to send him the bungee cord? tsk
Posted: Sep 4, 2007 10:56 am

yeah well then everyone who actually gets to see it is asshole
a few weeks ago, out in the woodsy suburbs, the bears like to eat you when you mountain bike on the trail near their nest of cubs, anyhoo
they had some kinda nw rock fest for free in a burger joing parking lot, the peeps in east king county are stuffed with $$.

so The Sonics played and the same guitar player was in that and two other bands, big fun, I had a double cheese burger, fries and a cold root beer.
Posted: Sep 4, 2007 9:18 pm | Edited by: LisaLisa

This might as well be held in Branson, MO.

http://www.newcolonysix.com/

need i say more?
Posted: Sep 4, 2007 9:21 pm

but they are playing a ribfest!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®