Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Nikki Sixx Set On Fire Early!!!
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 10:24 pm

true?
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 10:26 pm

mighta just been a promo copy!
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 11:49 pm

ya know, I cant decide if i even wanna read that stupid book or not.

not that in 5th grade I wasn't head over heels for the crue - but I'm kind of thinking it sucks to try to make money off glorifying your addiction.
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 11:59 pm

not that in 5th grade I wasn't head over heels for the crue - but I'm kind of thinking it sucks to try to make money off glorifying your addiction.

I wanna hear about the junk shootin, titty fucking, and BOOOOOZE!!
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 12:31 am

the motley crue bio thats been out for years is great!
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 12:58 am

I saw Mark Goodman interviewing Nikki for the book on VH1 Classics last week...and I will read it for the crack, Vanity and freebasing chapter alone!!!!
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 1:20 am

but I'm kind of thinking it sucks to try to make money off glorifying your addiction.

well, if he doesn't write about it, someone else will - and its better that he profits from it than someone else, doncha think? i read a similar sentiment where marianne faithfull said that in response to criticism of her memoirs... makes sense to me
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 1:27 am

I think that it (memoir) is actually a fantastic way to deal with your addictions or anything else for that matter. I certainly did not see him glorifying his addictions in the interview I saw; it was more venting and confessing. Things were way worse for him than I really thought they were...even after reading his parts of that crazy bio.
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 7:36 am

Isn't that kind of like saying - well, I might as well sell drugs, cause somebody's gonna do it....

I could be wrong - just thinking it over
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 7:51 am

no - i think its pre-empting the tabloid people from profiting from your personal experiences - regardless of what the personal experience is
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 2:51 pm

i think its pre-empting the tabloid people from profiting from your personal experiences

I am not putting any moral compass in this as I have zero room to judge drug use or a past, but yeah, what TK said. Plus, I enjoy autobios and memoirs and tawdry tales. And certain famous people have some fascinating tales I'd like to hear them tell firsthand.
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 2:55 pm

so nikki played a set and it was on fire from the get go, huh?
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 5:37 pm

...and I will read it for the crack, Vanity and freebasing chapter alone!!!!

And what about the time he was freebasing while looking at Vanity's crack? It was the finest moment of the eighties.
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 9:53 pm

That was nothing on Rick James' experiences with the white chick in the Mary Jane Girls.
Posted: Aug 30, 2007 2:19 am

Did you know Nikki Sixx has a full-fledged fashion line? Womens, mens AND jewelry!

http://www.royalunderground.net/
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®