Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Senator Famous Potatoes -- lewd in the men's room!
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 5:12 pm

-- A Republican senator says he regrets pleading guilty this month to a misdemeanor disorderly conduct charge after his arrest in a public restroom.
Sen. Larry Craig of Idaho was apprehended June 11 by a plainclothes police officer investigating complaints of lewd behavior in a men's room at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport in Minnesota.
The arresting officer alleged that Craig lingered outside a restroom stall where the officer was sitting, then entered the stall next door and blocked the door with his luggage.
According to the arrest report, Craig tapped his right foot, which the officer said he recognized "as a signal used by persons wishing to engage in lewd conduct."
The report alleges Craig then touched the officer's foot with his foot and the senator "proceeded to swipe his hand under the stall divider several times."
At that point, the officer said he put his police identification down by the floor so Craig could see it and informed the senator that he was under arrest, before any sexual contact took place.
Idaho's senior senator is married with three grown children and nine grandchildren. A former rancher, Craig was first elected to the Senate in 1990 after serving a decade in the House of Representatives. His seat is up for re-election in 2008.
He has supported a federal constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage, telling his colleagues that it was "important for us to stand up now and protect traditional marriage, which is under attack by a few unelected judges and litigious activists."
In 1996, Craig also voted in favor of the Defense of Marriage Act, which denies federal recognition to same-sex marriages and prevents states from being forced to recognize the marriages of gay and lesbian couples legally performed in other states.
Craig also has opposed expanding the federal hate crimes law to cover offenses motivated by anti-gay bias and, in 1996, voted against a bill that would have outlawed employment discrimination based on sexual orientation, which failed by a single vote in the Senate.
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 6:01 pm

new catch phrases...

"gay as a sack of republicans" as in "that's as gay as a sack of republicans!"

"republicans do it in the men's room"

yaddayadda
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 6:10 pm

when grilled about the foot-touching part, he claimed that he had a particulary "wide stance" when defecating.

That is priceless.
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 9:54 pm

>That is priceless

As is this.
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 10:02 pm

In 1996, Craig also voted in favor of the Defense of Marriage Act, which denies federal recognition to same-sex marriages and prevents states from being forced to recognize the marriages of gay and lesbian couples legally performed in other states.

Oh, come on! He just wanted a little hot man-to-man action in the airport bathroom. It's not like he was tryin' to marry the guy!
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 10:07 pm

i find the name "senator famous potatoes" disproportionately funny. seriously.
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 10:57 pm

How can you tell you're at a Republican bar?

The stools are upside down.

What do you call a Republican in a wheelchair?

Rolaids.
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 11:03 pm

was the cops name john?
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 11:43 pm | Edited by: Shaun A

How do you separate the men from the boys at a republican bar?
With a crowbar!
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 5:52 am

I've been kinda lovin' this story. I could give a fuck who's a fag and who's not and seriously I could give a fuck who's a senator and who's not but what I've been loving is this old asshole digging himself a lil' hole and just digging in deeper. I think my favorite part of his press conference today was him walking away (it was obvious he would be taking no questions) as someone asked "what happened in Minneapolis?" and someone else asked something unintelligible and then a third (exasperated) voice implored "just come out of the closet."

Also: sweet Birkenstocks! and this is a fuckin' hilarious reenactment!
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 6:28 am

Oh, come on! He just wanted a little hot man-to-man action in the airport bathroom. It's not like he was tryin' to marry the guy!

Too fukkin' funny!
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 8:01 am

" I AM NOT GAY!"

okay whatever.... Only think that could have made it better is meth being the story somehow.. Like that preacher that got outed by the male hooker... Gay Meth Sex.... band name???
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 1:45 pm

I reallly don't care that he's gay. That's fine, it's a free country. You can do whatever you want. What I don't get is the cruising aspect of it. He could've gotten male-male action at any number of Mpls.'es gay bars. Or he could've pulled a Barney Frank and just hired a gigolo. But trying to solicit sex out of a public bathroom? With all that he had at stake if he was caught? He has a serious cruisin' psychopathology.
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 2:31 pm

I think we should invent a gay sex act called "The Idaho Statesman", since according to his statement, it was the paper's fault.
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 3:27 pm

george micheal syndrome
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 4:16 pm

okay whatever.... Only think that could have made it better is meth being the story somehow.. Like that preacher that got outed by the male hooker... Gay Meth Sex.... band name???

You mean Ted Haggard from Colorado Springs? Featured prominently in the Jesus Camp documentary. . .What a tool.
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 5:12 pm

Why did it take Sen. Larry so long to get back to I-da-hoe?

He had to pack his shit.
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 5:14 pm

HAH!
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 5:34 pm

From the Roll Call

"A spokesman for Craig described the incident as a 'he said/he said misunderstanding,' (emphasis mine) and said the office would release a fuller statement later Monday afternoon."

He said/he said! Awesome!
Posted: Aug 30, 2007 5:14 pm

Posted: Aug 30, 2007 5:30 pm

Ted Haggard and Mark Foley were hanging out at their fave Republican bar drinking apple martinis and relaxing after another hard day of deceiving the public. After drinking a few, they began to argue over who had the larger penis. The bartender intervened, "Gentlemen. There's only one way to settle this. Put your manhood on the bar, and let me be the judge". Right then, Larry Craig walked up to the bar and saw the men comparing dick size. "Well", he said "I was going to order some buffalo wings, but I think I'll go with the buffet instead!"
Posted: Aug 30, 2007 6:42 pm

At one point during the interview, Craig handed the plainclothes sergeant who arrested him a business card that identified him as a U.S. Senator and said, "What do you think about that?" the report states.

My god, he was still trying to fuck the guy.
Posted: Aug 30, 2007 7:48 pm

Old white guys are so gay....
Posted: Aug 31, 2007 6:14 pm

There was no paper on the floor of that stall. Sen. FP did not pick up any paper. His palm was turned up.

How Senatorial!
Posted: Aug 31, 2007 7:54 pm

Resignation should be any minute now.
Posted: Aug 31, 2007 8:01 pm

and a bud dwyer style press conference if we're lucky.
Posted: Aug 31, 2007 8:57 pm | Edited by: pseudo pion

Posted: Aug 31, 2007 8:58 pm

if nothing else at least this story has been a wonderful how to manual on anonymous gay restroom sex.
Posted: Aug 31, 2007 9:01 pm

if nothing else at least this story has been a wonderful how to manual on anonymous gay restroom sex.

No shit...And it makes me wonder...How did that senator know what the signals are? He must be involved in a "pervert ring" and definitely has done it before...
Posted: Aug 31, 2007 9:03 pm

he never has ben-gay.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®