Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / anyone do facebook?
Posted: Aug 27, 2007 9:31 pm

i just got on there.
Posted: Aug 27, 2007 9:50 pm

and i just started a goner group
Posted: Aug 27, 2007 9:53 pm

just the old high school girls i never gotta chance to do back then
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 5:59 am

i'm on it. keeps me up on school activities. i don't check it that often though.
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 3:00 pm

how come no one gets my friendster messages?
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 3:28 pm

i registered yesterday but don't think i'll ever log back in.
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 3:31 pm

I registered yesterday, but it appeared they wanted my gmail password for some shit - no thanks.
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 6:30 pm

i can't find your goner group. facebook frightens and confuses me.
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 6:44 pm

facebook frightens and confuses me.

it should. i think it is mainly for student hook-ups, although one of my filmmaker pals is on it and she works it like crazy for who knows what. i guess it helps that she's a college prof...
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 8:19 pm

Posted: Aug 28, 2007 9:23 pm

i'm on it. it frightens and confuses me too! when i was in england last month my cousin convinced me to join it. i haven't logged on since i've been back in the states.
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 9:24 pm

fuck it, i'll log on and join your goner group joe!
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 9:41 pm

word
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 1:32 am

Isn't your face supposed to be in a book now, College Boy?
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 2:08 am

when i was in england last month my cousin convinced me to join it.

and we are facebook friends!
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 2:21 am

i just noticed that tonight! hahah
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 2:44 am

I'm on facebook, as is everyone else in Toronto (seriously, there's over 800,000 people in the Toronto network). It's good for stalking and for the scrabble application. It lacks music, but otherwise it kicks the shit out of Myspace. Though the necessity of either is up for debate.
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 3:17 am

you can play scrabble on facebook?

how?
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 4:10 am

Add the Scrabulous application. Its great.
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 4:23 am

I don't have an account but I hope this facebook thing kills myspace. looks much cleaner with none of the annoying ads and shit. fuck rupert murdoch.
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 4:25 am

i checked it out and it has no use for me.
Posted: Feb 29, 2008 11:56 pm

It lacks music
we just added a band page
there are applications that let you upload music on to your page
Posted: Mar 1, 2008 12:01 am

facebook is owned by some fuckstick like rupert murdoch and they use your info to do marketing shit. it's just as bad.
Posted: Mar 1, 2008 12:12 am

but it isn't rupert. not yet anyways
Posted: Mar 1, 2008 11:58 am

no one answered my question... why won't you be my friendster?
Posted: Mar 1, 2008 2:47 pm

friendster sucks.
Posted: Mar 1, 2008 2:50 pm

I was on Last.fm the other day and they were running a banner ad for the Makeout Club site. A calling for aging emo's to get back to their roots I'm guessing.
Posted: Mar 1, 2008 2:50 pm

im onm the garagepunk hideout. its like facebook
http://garagepunk.ning.com/profile/brad
i was trying to pick the ugliest colors but it turned out kind of pretty.
Posted: Mar 1, 2008 3:00 pm

I am on it for Scrabulous only. And occasionally to join some Memphis Tigers group. It is so jam packed full of CRAP that it is insane and incomprehensible. Well, maybe if I was 16 it would make more sense but as it is I have a few better things to do that throw virtual turkey legs at virtual friends.

It is better looking than MySpace, but you'd have to move into the website to utilize half the thing.
Posted: Mar 1, 2008 4:25 pm

there's over 800,000 people in the Toronto network

My girlfriend and I are the last two people in Toronto not on it. The simple fact that seems to really piss off some people is reason enough to stay off.
Posted: Mar 2, 2008 1:37 am

I'm not sure why I joined facebook, but I seem to spend a lot of time interacting with cute 3rd world women and saying no to stupid app requests....
Posted: Mar 2, 2008 1:43 am

Add the Scrabulous application. Its great.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/02/business/02game.htm
Posted: Mar 2, 2008 1:43 am | Edited by: Jack Stands

Facebook probably doesn't have [url=http://www.goner-records.com/board/index.php?action=vthread&forum =4&topic=6272&page=0]k-holes.[/url]
Posted: Mar 2, 2008 1:44 am

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 6:23 pm

you're a k-hole
Posted: Mar 3, 2008 11:49 am

I am on it for Scrabulous only.
Why not just play at www.scrabulous.com and avoid facebook altogether?
Posted: Mar 3, 2008 1:37 pm

is "doing" facebook anything like a facial?
Posted: Mar 3, 2008 4:04 pm

exactly
Posted: Apr 12, 2009 7:46 pm

bump
Posted: Apr 12, 2009 7:48 pm

i registered yesterday but don't think i'll ever log back in.

i kept my word.
Posted: Apr 12, 2009 8:00 pm

because you never log out??
Posted: Apr 12, 2009 9:18 pm

facebook has made me realize that if I met half the people that I haven't seen in 10 years, today, I would probably never talk to them
Posted: Apr 12, 2009 9:26 pm

my sister made me join...seen lots of memphis folks i haven't seen in many years. it's kinda scary...
Posted: Apr 12, 2009 9:30 pm

i would just delete my account, but i like the Event invitations and birthday reminders.... cuz i'm scatter-brained and would not be able to keep up with so many dates otherwise. besides that, i think both facebook and myspace are pretty useless. if it was really a place to get together and share ideas it would be cool, and i guess there are some decent groups on there for that purpose, but it's too easy to get on there and waste your time, watching what everyone else is doing. don't get me started on 'Status Updates' - damn!!! I have one 'friend' (old friend) who updates her status at least 10 times per hour.... with things like, "about to put on my pj's", "about to eat", "Watching Twilight and Edward is sooooo hot", "taking tylenol for a headache", etc etc blah blah blah...... I check it in the morning and decide I hate everyone by noon.
Posted: Apr 12, 2009 11:28 pm

Funny this is resurrected after so long.

DCR - I thought facebook was stupid when you told me about it. I thought the myspace was enough for me, but you were right, facebook's better.
Posted: Apr 13, 2009 11:36 am

yeah, i resurrected it after i was looking through the oblivs fan page and saw tons of people from here. i just added a bunch of people.
Posted: Apr 13, 2009 11:46 am

found some shows i didnt know were coming otherwise through the ilike music application.

i have it b/c my friends are scattered all over the place and it is cheaper than calling oversees. love IM, saves me tons of money.

some of the quizzes are goofy fun and i love scrabble, so, gotta go find that app now. beats the hell out of myspace
Posted: Apr 13, 2009 11:48 am

i have been beseiged with "offers" from people I know and don't know but just can't bring myself to "social network"
Posted: Apr 13, 2009 12:00 pm

facebook's better.
it is cheaper than calling oversees

I agree... plus it's like direct advertising when it comes to shows
Posted: Apr 13, 2009 3:37 pm

I'm on facebook, as is everyone else in Toronto

What is it about people in Toronto? My friend from there (but who lives here, and who I see in person frequently) won't leave me alone about making a Facebook page. It drives her crazy. So far I have not succumbed.
Posted: Apr 13, 2009 4:35 pm | Edited by: jahna

cheaper than calling oversees

Skype is free if both callers have it. Talk your overseas buddies who you really want to talk to into getting it. :-)

Oh, and I admit to being totally addicted to both fb & myspace... very useful tools for promotion and procrastination.
Posted: Apr 13, 2009 5:10 pm

yes, i'm very addicted.
Posted: Apr 13, 2009 5:27 pm

beats the hell out of myspace

I haven't looked at my myspace page in months and months. Finally got on fb earlier this year. Some of it is cool. Like Chicken says, I have friends all over, and it's great to keep up with them like that. I downloaded sykpe (to talk to my London friend I've reconnected to on facebook), but don't have a headset, and that's not in my budget anytime soon.
Also, it's nice for keeping up with all the respectable moms that my kids went to school with their kids for 12 years. They were an integral part of my life for a long time. AND, their kids...I'm their "friends" too. As I've known them since they were babies, it's nice to give em the business every once in a while.

I have been found by some rather strange people for jr. high, and high school.

I find myspace really, really trashy. Good for bands, though.

AND:
i kept my word.
liar!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®