Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / How do you feed yourself on a day to day basis?
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 6:08 am

So how do you people feed yourself on a day-to-day basis? What do you get when you go to a grocery store?

Me?... Lots of ham & salami sandwiches. I like wheat bread & good swiss. I eat a bunch of frozen stuff from Banquet to Healthy Choice to Michelina's. There are peanut butter sandwiches, cereal (either Total or Capt Crunch), & bananas or apples, too. On either Friday or Saturday night, Lyndsey & I will go out. Usually Mexican, but we like other stuff. Once a week, we usually grill out steaks or chicken, too. Lyndsey loves salads, so there's usually a big bowl of lettuce, chopped up peppers & olives, & cherry tomatoes floating around.
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 12:11 pm

eggs
bagels
peanut butter
blueberries
cheese
cheese
cheese
plums

are there other things in yr store? did i mention cheese?
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 5:20 pm | Edited by: Windy

typical grocery trip includes:

milk
bread
eggs
bacon
meats: chicken, prok chops, hamburger, beef tips, brats,hot dogs
fresh: broccoli, bell peppers, squash, beans, celery, onion, tomato, apples, corn, potatoes

OJ
gatorade/powerade
diet cokes
dr pepper
some form of alcohol or beer
some form of treat: ice cream, chips, pop tarts, cereal straws
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 5:41 pm

pizza
whiskey
pizza
whiskey
pizza
whiskey
pizza
whiskey
pizza
whiskey
pizza
whiskey
pizza
whiskey
pizza
whiskey
pizza
whiskey
pizza
whiskey
pizza
whiskey
pizza
whiskey
pizza
whiskey
pizza
whiskey
pizza
whiskey
pizza
whiskey
pizza
whiskey
pizza
whiskey
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 5:46 pm

oh yeah, and cigs...

did i mention, im gonna die soon?
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 5:51 pm

breakfast bar or a banana in the morning. either a salad or a sandwich (egg salad, tuna or coldcuts) for lunch. spaghetti almost every monday. other regular dinners include enchiladas, tacos, meatloaf, steak, pork chops, beef strokin'-off, scampi, sometimes we order chinese... i've been eating watermelon like it's going out of style lately. and cookies!
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 6:16 pm | Edited by: jahna

homemade iced tea
Greek yogurt
plums, pears, peaches, apples, cherries, raisins
cheese (I am a chees-a-holic, too. Sadly.)
brown rice
veggie stir fry
BLT wrap on the one day a week that I work in Manhattan
And, lately, I have been making vegetarian soups for dinner every night.

I would kill for coffee, pizza or cookies, these days, but I am working on avoiding eating shit that I am allergic to these days. The heat/pollution index has been making it hard for me to breathe.

(The pizza we had in the studio on Saturday was HEAVEN)
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 6:19 pm

oh yeah, we buy bacon almost ervry week at de sto', either for blt's, to wrap the meatloaf in, and of course with eggs for weekend breakfasts.
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 6:29 pm

I ate cracklin for lunch.
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 6:36 pm

Lately I've been living off these 80 cent pizzas from Aldi's and 33 cent burritos from the same place. One of my roomates works at Papa John's so a couple of times a week I'll call in a bunk pickup order for John Otway or his sidekick Wild Willy and then share that with whoever else is around when he gets off work. Dollar burgers one day a week at the Dube. Also, rice, fresh vegetables when my roomate shares. Whatever. Bumstyle, but at least I'm not eating potatos every single day anymore.

Mostly though I try to keep myself on a steady diet of beer to keep me feeling full and smokes to keep me from thinking about food. Spend alot of my time wishing I had some Rolaids too.
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 6:48 pm

coffee in an IV drip all day long

breakfast - eggs and juice - eggs may be prepared with onions, garlic, bell peppers, sometimes salsa and/or avocado

lunch - salads with a chicken breast (pretty much every fucking day)

dinner rotation - pork chops, burgers, talapia or some other fish but usually talapia, maybe some kinda stirfry, quesodillas
and we'll order out prob twice a week - once Thai, once something else
hookorcrook
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 7:01 pm

i'm pretty big on summer sausage, cheese and exotic spicy mustards.
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 7:01 pm

Weekdays--espresso for breakfast, lunch is typically a sandwich, burger, salad or some kind of cheese plate type thing, dinner is usually pasta/pesto or another light sauce--OR--a larger free steak or fish dinner at Ryan's job (restaurant).

Dinner always includes at least one beer, cocktail or glass of wine.

Weekends add breakfast, deduct lunch from the schedule. Breakfast at home is poached eggs and toast or an omelet and hash browns. If we go out, we either get a Spanish breakfast at the tapas place or some greasy spoon stuff at Skyway Jacks.

We also eat tons of seafood--oysters, grouper, mussels and clams esp. Fried, blackened, steamed, in gumbos, etc etc etc.
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 7:53 pm

With my feet. And I beat off with my face.
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 8:07 pm

And I beat off with my face.

you wish. me too.
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 8:13 pm

Weekdays, I eat nothing but fruits and vegetables. I would guesstimate I eat about 4lbs of roughage per weekday. This week it has been carrots, celery, jicama, snap peas, broccol, nectarines, grapefruit, oranges, watermelon, pineapple, grapes, and rainier cherries. And I drink a lot of water.

On the weekend, I eat EVERYTHING. I reckon I eat more calories on Saturday than I do on all the weekdays put together. This past weekend I ate: a massive al pastor burrito (no rice!), several Jamaican beef patties, at least a dozen homemade chocolate chip cookies, 2 hot links on a kaiser roll, a hamburger, thai food, bbq pork banh mi, vietnamese shrimp roll-thing, beer.

This is the only diet that allows me to eat my fill and not turn into a whale.
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 8:17 pm

i did not like the cracklin. at all. blech.
hookorcrook
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 8:50 pm

at least a dozen homemade chocolate chip cookies

those cookies were so so so so good. i was looking forward to eating some more on Sunday morning, but they were all gone.
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 9:27 pm

Eggs w/ whatever veggies I've got or oatmeal

Hot pocket or sammich or coffee for lunch

Some 'meal' I've made- like the rest of you... pork chops, chicken somethin' prepared somehow...

and beer or vodka for dessert.
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 10:04 pm

ive been feeding my body shit for too long, its no wonder i feel like shit and look like shit and act like shit. i hope i have the inner strength to make the changes ive been putting off for far too long now...
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 10:22 pm

Breakfast is: rye bread, eggs, cheese or salami and cheese broiled on rye or whatever is leftover from the night before - steak, meatballs, hot wings, etc.
Lunch is: romaine salad with olives, feta, walnuts and blue cheese, or whatever's left over from the night before if I didn't eat it for breakfast, sometimes a Lean Cuisine, sometimes a fish stick and cheese sandwich on rye
Dinner is: chicken parmesan, or spaghetti with meatballs, or chicken wings, or hamburgers and homemade potato chips, or baked chicken with rice, and weird broccoli casserole, and weird spinach casserole (every other night), brussel sprouts, green beans, or roast beef and stew vegetables in the crock pot, or chili, or green chili enchiladas, or chicken and dumplings, or lasagna. When the kids are here I make real meals, when they're not I eat a piece of meat (steak, pork, salmon) and that spinach stuff - every night!

Add: red wine from about 4 o'clock until after dinner...then water. Water with lots of ice all day long.
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 11:48 pm

and we'll order out prob twice a week - once Thai, once something else

I need to know what the crucial Jersey City delivery joints are! I tried the new Thai place on Newark and it was CRAP. Hook me up!
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 11:52 pm

$1.50 frozen white castle packs from the deli.

$1.00 gross macaroni salad from the deli.

cardboard.
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 12:38 am

i thought you were a vegetarian??????
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 1:02 am

I'm about to go to the store right now. Obviously I'm avoiding it. My list:

butter
eggs
syrup (above three for french toast)
apples
bananas
yogurt
milk
pasta
feta
Equal
spinach
Frosted Flakes (for jerryd)
grape tomatoes

Exciting, huh?
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 1:02 am

And cheese. Preferably of the string variety.
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 2:13 am | Edited by: destroyer

Wow. I've never been a "meal planner" but it's occurred to me lately that it would be a great way to eat well and maybe make a few bucks stetch out a little farther. I'll make one huge ass meal that I'll eat a little at a time all week long for dinner. Then it's basicly scavenging the rest of the time. Not much vegtables and a lot of beer. "There's a sandwich in every beer".
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 3:56 am

Usually Mexican

what places in town are good??? i've been hankerin for some good ol' south of the border cookin....
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 5:08 am

i drink a lot of coffee throughout the week. i also tend to always get spinach because i crave it constantly. i usually get some hamburger and black beans and all kinds of cheeses and some pork chops because i love them. i almost always get lemons too and red potatoes and heavy cream since i use it a lot. i like curries and stirfrys too so veggies of all sorts. and also eggs and breakfast sausage. i usually get some sort of fish too.
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 5:24 am

what places in town are good??? i've been hankerin for some good ol' south of the border cookin....

Casa Fiesta on Dublin-Granville & Bush Blvd is good, but El Vaquero is our favorite. The one on Olentangy gets most of our business, especially when we can get a table outdoors, but the one on Riverside has a cooler bar. Get the Ranch Enchiladas w/green sauce or the Tacos Al Pastor. Fukkin' dope!
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 5:25 am

Usually Mexican

what places in town are good???

Also, another place that isn't too bad is El Mariachi on Morse Rd. 2 really important things about El Mariachi. 1)Fantastic horchata &, if you like, they will sell it to you by the gallon. 2)Open 24 hours. I'm wet.
Posted: Aug 19, 2007 3:53 am

i thought you were a vegetarian??????

he claims that white castle burgers are soy
Posted: Aug 19, 2007 4:56 am

he claims that white castle burgers are soy

he could be right - they're certainly not like any beef i know!

as for me - i have been making tomatillo salsa every day for the past couple of weeks. i posted a recipe in the food & drink section - of course, leaving out my secret ingredient... i just love tomatillos.

how's the salsa at the new mexicano joint?
Posted: Aug 19, 2007 5:40 am

Weekday breakfast (around 12, after I've been at work for 3 hours) Taco cart for $1 tacos or 7-11 for 2 for $2.22 hotdogs. Maybe a sandwich from the grocery store deli. they have baguette sandwiches perfect for nuking, bread all slathered with margarine and only meat and cheese in the middle.

Dinner = Thai or Chinese or Mexican restaurant fare. Del Taco on Tuesday's 39 cent gringo taco freakout. Sometimes Grocery store deli fried chicken with hot sauce and spicy vinegar.

Farmers market on saturdays yields some good fruits and veggies, gotta grab some kinda salmon, halibut, crab, tenderloin combo to go with the veggies.
Posted: Aug 19, 2007 5:45 am

Tonight I got a can of Bush beans for some reason. Oh, yeah, cuz they were on an endcap. Why not. Think I'll heat up half of that can now for a serious movie time on the couch snack.
Posted: Jul 22, 2019 2:41 am

Ive been eating a lot of cheeseburgers out of vending machines. That or gas station food.
Posted: Jul 26, 2019 4:25 pm

This is a simple one. I usually feed myself by bringing food to my mouth and putting it in there, chewing and swallowing. Seems to work!
Posted: Jul 27, 2019 10:25 pm

earl campbell's hot links
ham chz sandwich
door dash
toenails
tots
taquitos
chz pizzas
liquid calories, such as: pabst blue ribbon, or olympia, or miller, or rainier
chipsalsa
fruit from the fruit trees at the local nursery
one tomato that survived my negligence in the garden
Posted: Jul 31, 2019 12:15 pm

Most mornings there are fried eggs with frozen "natural" chicken sausages and some sort of toast. On a weekend, I might make pancakes. If we're in a hurry, like this morning, it's porridge.
Posted: Aug 28, 2019 5:04 pm

gas station egg/sausage bithcuit
Posted: Aug 29, 2019 11:19 am

Kids leftovers.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®