Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / could stiff little fingers...
Posted: Aug 15, 2007 6:22 pm

...ever be classified as unknown, obscure, or fallen though the cracks? and not by douche bags and your mom, but by people who actually know a thing or two. i got into an argument today, probably with someone who didn't know them themselves, and then they got selfconscious.
Posted: Aug 15, 2007 6:25 pm

green day was compared to slf in hi-fidelity. but even before that movie i can't imagine they'd be looked over.

so no.
Posted: Aug 15, 2007 7:31 pm

that's what i said. this guy is obviously off his nut.
Posted: Aug 15, 2007 7:59 pm

A good reason to hate that movie. Green Day sound more like the Buzzcocks than S.L.F.

and plenty of people that like that type of music ( i.e. The Clash etc.- and don't give me any of that they aren't the Irish Clash- i know they aren't- just saying that they are close to that neighborhood musicwise more than anything) don't know S.L.F.-a shame.

some line up changes over the years including Bass player for the Jam for a bit, but new stuff is still pretty good - "I believe in the power of guitar and drum." great song.
Posted: Aug 15, 2007 9:33 pm

Calling the SLF the "Irish Clash" is no insult....any band should be proud to be compared to them....that first album, Infammable Materia,l is amazing...
Posted: Aug 15, 2007 9:54 pm

The Clash were horrible. SLF is OK, not a big fan of this kinda stuff.
Posted: Aug 15, 2007 9:56 pm

I always thought SLF were okay. I saw them live a few years ago with the bass player for The Jam. The songs sounded competent but they were incredibly dull! Actually made me less of a fan.
Posted: Aug 15, 2007 10:02 pm

I like both OK but would take the Ruts over either. Just me, tho.
Posted: Aug 15, 2007 10:28 pm

Inflammable Material is a good record.
Posted: Aug 15, 2007 10:32 pm

Stiff Little Fingers are not obscure by any means. Tell your friend to eat a dead possum.

Lemme guess, the only first wave UK punk record you like is Damned Damned Damned.

The Ruts have some moments but they aren't quite Clash/SLF level.
Posted: Aug 15, 2007 10:36 pm

Lemme guess, the only first wave UK punk record you like is Damned Damned Damned.

that's really funny, cuz i don't care for the clash so much and the only first wave UK punk record i like is Damned Damned Damned. you're pretty smart, dude man.
Posted: Aug 15, 2007 10:40 pm

I can see right through you guys. Trust me, I'd trade this talent/curse for a pack of bubblegum and a finger in the eye.
Posted: Aug 15, 2007 10:41 pm

that can be arranged!
Posted: Aug 15, 2007 10:42 pm

You gotta wash your hands first.
Posted: Aug 15, 2007 10:45 pm

I have a Damned live record with them doing a rad version of The Ruts "In a Rut".
Posted: Aug 15, 2007 11:10 pm

sing sus-sus-sus-sus-sus-sus-suspect device at him and he'll probably wake up. if not, then you'll know he's off his nut.
Posted: Aug 15, 2007 11:17 pm

not a fan.
Posted: Aug 15, 2007 11:27 pm

I like Eater. & the Rezillos. & Wire. & Swell Maps. The Damned are good, but I'm not a huge fan. The Clash make my skin crawl.
Posted: Aug 15, 2007 11:34 pm

The Clash make my skin crawl.

Infidel. London Calling is the best double album ever made, right ahead of Zen Arcade and Double Nickels on the Dime.
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 1:37 am

eh london callings not that great. i do like their first lp.
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 2:20 am

The Clash make my skin crawl.

Infidel. London Calling is the best double album ever made, right ahead of Zen Arcade and Double Nickels on the Dime.

way behind those two; love the second, love the EP, loved them live, but i'd take swell maps, buzzcocks, damned damned damned, wire, adverts, saints, x ray specs, rainbows, over london calling
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 2:58 am

Infidel. London Calling is the best double album ever made

i'd take a greased naked bradx on all fours with a dog collar around his neck and a leash, and a man's arm holding onto the leash, pushing michael vick's big black dick into his face for him to sniff over fucking london's calling. which of course leads us into their next album, the triple disaster, rape standinista...

those mush-mouthed bastards shoulda been doused, electrocuted, hung, drowned and shot after that fucking mess!
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 3:07 am

rape stands!
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 3:25 am

I like Eater. & the Rezillos. & Wire. & Swell Maps. The Damned are good, but I'm not a huge fan. The Clash make my skin crawl.

i forgot about all that in me current and sistained quest for fucked up oldies. gay lick do'nt know shit about me

sorry driubnk
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 3:59 am

those mush-mouthed bastards shoulda been doused, electrocuted, hung, drowned and shot after that fucking mess!

But then we wouldn't have Cut The Crap, or Big Audio Dynamite...

(but seriously, I fuckin' love the clash)
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 1:48 pm

Hey I never said Sandinista was any good.
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 4:28 pm

We must establish a hierarchy of Brit punk bands. C'mon people, I want a rough outline on my desk by tomorrow morning....
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 4:43 pm

Tapper Zukie
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 5:36 pm

Users!

Somehow forgot about the Buzzcocks. Early singles (going steady) are a bit overrated, "Spiral Scratch" and more progressive stuff (like Tension) are underrated.
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 6:11 pm

we mean it, maaaan
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 6:16 pm

But then we wouldn't have Cut The Crap, or Big Audio Dynamite...

...or Havana 3AM or Ellen Foley as "Billy" on Night Court...
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®