Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Guilty Pleasures Seattle's best party band???
Dickie Appleshortz
Posted: Apr 1, 2004 12:15 am

www.theguiltypleasures.com
my how our boys have changed!
now playing weddings??
saddam oblivion
Posted: Apr 1, 2004 12:44 am

probably 2nd best
peterlaughner
Posted: Apr 1, 2004 12:45 am

The Spits or Hex County www.hexrecords.com
chams de baron
Posted: Apr 1, 2004 1:17 am

Jered still looks the same, but Srini looks a little different.
creepydrifter
Posted: Apr 1, 2004 1:42 am

as for srini...

Bass
Srini "Spicy" Jones has been on the local music scene since the early eighties. This is a man who truely likes to be on the bottom. Srini provides steady rockin funky bass lines that help define the Guilty Pleasure sound.

lollipop blackout
Posted: Apr 1, 2004 2:36 am

"(The Guilty Pleasures) deliver a great professional fun sound."

I, for one, am sick to death of amateur fun, and am looking forward to seeing some real pros with fun take to the stage at this year's Blackout. I could use some tips from the pros...I'm such a rank amateur, I break my damn foot when I dance. Thank you! Good night!

Human Garbage Disposal
Posted: Apr 4, 2004 3:39 am

Wait a minute wait a minute,i'm confused!

Did the Guilty Pleasures move to Seattle??

Human Garbage Disposal
Posted: Apr 5, 2004 3:58 am

No,wait... i'm just stupid.
Posted: May 12, 2010 11:47 pm

This fall Dusty Medical Records is putting out the LP that we recorded 10 years ago but was never released. Here's the facebook link which has a couple of songs from the LP.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Guilty-Pleasures/118687141497695?ref =ts&v=wall
Posted: May 14, 2010 1:08 am

If you have any photos of us from way back, please send them our way. We would give you a photo credit and a free record.
Posted: May 14, 2010 12:31 pm

hi res please
Posted: Dec 16, 2011 3:28 pm

These 3 releases will be available December 20.... ordering info coming real soon

-The long awaited release of the GUILTY PLEASURES "Summer Strange" LP.. originally recorded in 2000 and unreleased until now.. LEGENDARY garage punk in the truest and bluest sense... in the late 90s and early 00s these guys from Bloomington-Normal, IL were road warrior contemporaries of The Reatards, Brides, Lost Sounds, Baseball Furies, Clone Defects, Dirtbombs, etc. and featured a bunch of degerates who went on to set the world on fire with The Ponys, Hot Machines, France Has The Bomb, Baseball Furies, Lover! and a bunch of other bands you know and love... 12 tracks. Recorded by Jim Diamond. (400 black / 100 white ... includes download card)

-The debut LP from Milwaukee, Wisconsin's HEAD ON ELECTRIC... 13 tracks of lysergic grunge punk ... Coming from a place just outside of left field with killer songwriting chops and a heady mix of punk, garage, acid rock and good old classic "hard rock" with a dose of kitchen-sink folk, these guys just might turn some heads with this truly stellar outing. (300 black / 100 white ... includes download card)
Check out the video for the pre-LP single "Ghost Hunter" (recorded during the same sessions that yielded the LP) produced by Milwaukee's own underground video production hit making machine Rock N Roller Remote Controller....

-Lastly, the debut 7" from Huntsville, Alabama's BAZOOKA... featuring Josh from Thomas Function on vocals and guitar... 2 songs...Great stuff... miss Thomas Function? BUY THIS. (400 black / 100 white)

http://dustymedical.com/content/pics/DMR25-28-30covers.jpg

http://www.dustymedical.com

COMING SOON : The Mistreaters 2xLP singles comp, Catholic Boys "Psychic Voodoo Mind Control" (reissue), Ramma Lamma 7", Sonic Chicken 4 - 2nd LP
Posted: Dec 16, 2011 5:44 pm

So glad this record is finally coming out!!

Hot shit, Sirs!!
Posted: Dec 17, 2011 12:21 am

Sonic Chicken 4 - 2nd LP

YEAH buddy.
Posted: Dec 17, 2011 2:13 am

YEAH BUDDY
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®