Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / 5 year old KISS fan
Posted: Aug 14, 2007 4:12 pm

Posted: Aug 14, 2007 4:15 pm

that's the only age when you should like kiss
Posted: Aug 14, 2007 4:16 pm

aw man, that kid rules. i hope the band visits him or something.
Posted: Aug 14, 2007 4:28 pm

if there's money in it, they'll be there.
Posted: Aug 14, 2007 4:32 pm

if there's money in it, they'll be there.

KISS SUCKS!
Posted: Aug 14, 2007 4:48 pm

not true
Posted: Aug 14, 2007 4:50 pm

not true

if you're 5
Posted: Aug 14, 2007 5:00 pm

what if you are 9? click on the screen to play about 90 seconds long

www.foundrymusic.com/opieanthony/displaymedia.cfm?the_date=MMDDYY&post fart=go&id=9632 - 34k
Posted: Aug 14, 2007 5:09 pm

i can't see that stuff at work, but i'll give you 5 up to about 12
Posted: Aug 14, 2007 6:17 pm

So that's what kids with brain tumors are into, huh?
Posted: Aug 15, 2007 1:33 am

My first ever rock concert was KISS in 1979 (true) at the Mississippi Coliseum. I was (count em) 5 years old. No tumors.
Posted: Aug 15, 2007 1:52 am

My first ever rock concert was KISS in 1979 (true) at the Mississippi Coliseum. I was (count em) 5 years old

my first concert too! but i got you beat...i was 3! true story.
Posted: Aug 15, 2007 3:34 am

My first ever rock concert was KISS in 1979 (true) at the Mississippi Coliseum. I was (count em) 5 years old

my first concert too! but i got you beat...i was 3! true story.

I saw Kiss on that tour @ the Toledo Sports Arena. It was Dec. & I was 12. Going to such a show when you are 3 is noteworthy, but you can't possibly convince me that you remember any of it. I remember the guys next to us passing a joint, the people in front of us screaming for "Charisma", which they didn't play, & the heat on my face when the pyrotechnics on each side of the stage erupted.

For me personally, though, Kiss is as bubble-gum as it gets; a hard rock Donny Osmond.
Posted: Aug 15, 2007 8:36 am

Still dig 'em. Well, not new shit but...aww fuck it. I'm drunk.
Posted: Aug 15, 2007 12:03 pm

My first album was Kiss Destroyer, but I was 6.
Posted: Aug 15, 2007 12:15 pm

my first LP was second monkees; my first 45 was one less bell to answer by 5 D

wait a minute! that song belongs on choke up thread!!!!!!

kiss blows. now. then. tomorrow.
Posted: Aug 21, 2007 11:15 pm

MId South Coliseum, Memphis, 8/12/79

This was a week after my 9th birthday and I can remember quite a bit of it. I remember finding out KISS was coming by reading the FANFARE section of the Sunday paper and seeing a quarter page ad announcing the concert, I immediately ran outside to my mom who was sunbathing by the pool and I was yelling my head off, "mom, they're coming, they're coming!!!!!" and her exact words were "Who is coming?" and I said "KISS!!!". I remember getting 2 tickets a few days later at the Pop Tunes record store on Summer Avenue and on the back of the tix they had rubber stamped a message saying that "view maybe obstructed". We ended up with like basically front row balcony upper level. I took my dad Wink I remember people outside the coliseum selling bootleg t shirts, but I didnt know they were boots at the time. I also remember my dad who was 45 years old at the time, stuffing my little camera down my shirt as we went into the coliseum as they had posted signs saying no cameras allowed. The place was sold out. 12000 strong. There was a very good carbon copy of Gene and Ace walking around on the floor in 77/78 era costumes posing during the intermission. My dad wanted me to take photos of them, but i told him that they were not KISS. He sat with me thru the opening act, New England, and after they were done, he said "
See them two girls behind us?" I turned around and there was a black girl and a white chick maybe late teens. and I go "yeah" and my dad says, "they are smoking pot. Don't ever let me catch you doing that", which he never did Laughing

My dad went into the concession area pretty much for the whole concert, so he could smoke his pipe and stay away from the "noise". KISS came on and i was just mesmerized. Completely transfixed. It's hard to recall specifics because it was sooo long ago and i was totally in awe. I do remember squeezing the "air" gun with my fingers during Love Gun as my dad came up to the seat to just check on me. (Probably just making sure I'm not getting stoned). I also recall Paul doing what seemed like a long stage rap before New York Groove. Other than that I do not remember anything else. I do remember taking 4 crappy pictures with my camera and someday i'm gonna find them and scan em fur yall knuckleheads.
ok, im done
Posted: Aug 22, 2007 9:01 am

I saw 'em on the same tour. 79...the DYNASTY tour in Biloxi MS. It was INCREDIBLE. I was 8. Same experience as you mentioned above only I specifcally remember "shout it out loud' being one of the highlights of the performance. Kissology 1 rules. It's so good! Can't wait for vol.2!
Posted: Aug 23, 2007 4:27 pm

KISS FUCKS GOOD GIRLS
Posted: Aug 23, 2007 4:32 pm

my memory of seeing kiss live was being dumbstruck by what a total QUEEN paul stanley was - 3 dolla bill, yo
Posted: Aug 23, 2007 6:11 pm

Starchild likes the ladies too. Androgynous (sp?) rock stars anyone?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®