Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / andrew loomis, the old drummer for Dead Moon
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 3:45 pm

someone told me the name of the new band he drums in, but i forget, anyone care to tell me?
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 4:34 pm

Posted: Aug 9, 2007 5:03 pm

so, i thought i remember reading that most of the reason DM broke up was because Andrew Loomis had some physical problems..keeping him from playing drums (for an extended period)
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 8:13 pm

some physical problems..

that would be called alcohol.
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 8:26 pm

Ha - I saw those guys on the only episode of Wife Swap (or was it Trading Spouses?) I've seen. The singer and guitar player are married and home-school their kid. Hilarity ensues.
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 8:58 pm

The pride of Longview,Warshington. Did anyone catch that the guitar player was once in a band called The Goners? Just thought i'd point that out.

They're playin' Slabtown THIS SUNDAY NIGHT!!!
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 9:13 pm

The Shiny Things, yes.
And if anyone wants to see Loomis's disability in action- he seems to almost always be camped out a tthe bar at Holman's these days. Least 5 out of the last 6 times I was there he was.
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 9:17 pm

well, i feel a little naive. I assumed like back problems or something. for real. I thought they were all big drinkers. anyway..
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 10:06 pm

when I read "leg problem that prevented touring at length" in that DM interview, I thought "gout."
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 10:11 pm

"leg problem that prevented touring at length" in that DM interview

yeah! that's what i read! not back problems...they did specifically say leg..ok, i'm not losing it.
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 10:12 pm

More like Liver Problems,haha.Just a joke,folks. And i think he's the Mayor Of Chin Yen,right across the screet from Holman's.
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 11:16 pm

Ha - I saw those guys on the only episode of Wife Swap (or was it Trading Spouses?) I've seen. The singer and guitar player are married and home-school their kid. Hilarity ensues.

Uh, what?!?! Dead Moon were on fucking Wife Swap (or Trading Spouses)?! I've seen many episodes of both shows and I'd trade 'em all just to see that one.
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 11:36 pm

Uh, what?!?! Dead Moon were on fucking Wife Swap (or Trading Spouses)?! I've seen many episodes of both shows and I'd trade 'em all just to see that one.

Sorry, no. It was the couple in the Shiny Things.
Posted: Aug 10, 2007 6:03 am

Ahh...I think I did see that one now that I think of it.
Posted: Aug 10, 2007 6:06 am

He'd been partying so hard at Las Vegas Shakedown that he was watching the bands on Sunday at 3 pm & had been up since whenever Saturday. Some guy puked on the stage when Vermin was playing & so Andrew poured a little beer in it for good measure.
Posted: Aug 10, 2007 8:41 am

And i think he's the Mayor Of Chin Yen,right across the screet from Holman's...

Now that Hungry Tiger is reduced to a crater in the ground.

That "Wife Swap" business is news to me-better get up to date on my cable tv while I still have it. I guess.
They're a good band! Maybe someday if I ever can, I'll go see them.
Posted: Aug 10, 2007 9:46 pm

Poor destroyer. He rocks so hard all the time- he never has time to go watch others rock.

And, yeah- the Tiger usedta be Loomis's spot. I wonder if he'll reinstate his residency there once it's rebuilt under a buncha fancy condos. I never go to Chin Yen, for some mysterious reason. I oughta tho.
Posted: Aug 10, 2007 9:55 pm

Chin Yen

When I've been there in the past, he was playing all Dead Moon on their jukebox.
Posted: Aug 10, 2007 10:58 pm

I never go to Chin Yen, for some mysterious reason. I oughta tho.

Beware the Chin Yen Flu. Its effects are devastating.
Posted: Aug 11, 2007 2:45 pm

Andrew was the only cool member of the band when we played with them. The other two were really uptight.
Posted: Aug 11, 2007 4:39 pm

i love andrew. gout or not.
Posted: Aug 12, 2007 5:47 am

Andrew was the only cool member of the band when we played with them. The other two were really uptight.
Haven't talked to Fred much...but Toody's a sweetheart
Posted: Aug 12, 2007 6:58 am

I wouldn't kick her outta the sack!

HEE=HAWW!
Posted: Aug 12, 2007 6:05 pm

He'd been partying so hard at Las Vegas Shakedown that he was watching the bands on Sunday at 3 pm & had been up since whenever Saturday.

yeah, he was partying with me and my friends all night and then we got cocktails in the morning and went swimming. he even put sunblock on my nose! him and jennifer (wife?) are super awesome folks!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®