Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / People who "don't wear band t-shirts"...
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 1:55 pm

You're worse than those "I don't watch tv" motherfuckers.
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 2:29 pm

You are as bad as those people who say, "I'll have a half-caf, no-fat, skinny latte with sugar-free carmel syrup. And one of those brownies."
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 2:35 pm

I'll have a half-caf, no-fat, skinny latte with sugar-free carmel syrup
That's my mom.
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 2:38 pm

Does she wear band t-shirts?
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 2:44 pm

Nobody's worse than those dicks that have "Free Tibet" and "Eracism" stickers on their cars. There's usally a "Kill your television" sticker right along side the others.

Those people are the real assholes of the world.
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 2:54 pm

Of course not. She wears shirts of places she's gone on vacation.
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 2:57 pm

She wears shirts of places she's gone on vacation.

Oh lord. I do that, too. Uh oh
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 2:59 pm

Eracism

UGH!!! There was a plague of those here like 5 years ago.

It was funny when people altered them to just say "racism" or "Facism" though.
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 3:07 pm

Eracism

Is that like racism on the Internet?
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 3:23 pm | Edited by: jahna

Eh. I'd rather hang out with people who don't wear band t-shirts than someone who only wears band t-shirts everywhere he goes and has rules about which shirt he can wear to what show. But I will hang with both, as long as they aren't assholes.

Generally, I don't discriminate against hanging out with anyone because of their fashion choices. Or politics, for the most part, either. As long as they know how to have fun, and they don't try to tell me what to think, I'm cool with them.
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 3:35 pm

i wear band shirts all the time and only hang out with people who don't so i look cooler than them.
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 3:50 pm

make some
3x size band shirts
and i'll buy one

i'll have to lose 20 pounds
to slip into the Trashwomen
t I got
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 3:55 pm

Regarding band t-shirts, it dawned on me recently that a very large percentage of my wardrobe was purchased in bars.
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 4:19 pm

Regarding band t-shirts, it dawned on me recently that a very large percentage of my wardrobe was purchased in bars.

Now that everybody downloads everything it's the only way left for a touring band to get any money!
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 4:27 pm

I have too many t-shirts and I hate it when people try to give me ones for free. I have 4 large dresser drawers full, two smaller drawers full, and two medium-sized storage boxes.

Maybe I should get into quilting or "resconstructing" and putting them on ebay for $25 a pop.
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 4:33 pm

visualize whirled peas
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 4:41 pm

club sandwiches not seals!
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 4:45 pm

make some
3x size band shirts
and i'll buy one

I've still got a Lost Sounds "Electric Rat" shirt in size XXXL, black shirt. It's yours if you paypal me something for shipping and promise to wear it once, even if it's to paint the house or something.
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 5:32 pm

the whole ironic t-shirt thing is dead, and I'm gonna get a t-shirt to that effect
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 5:38 pm

i'll get one making fun of it. totally 90s.
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 5:53 pm

Posted: Aug 9, 2007 6:03 pm

i saw someone wearing this one this morning: http://www.bant-shirts.com/images/nonph/t-shirt-orgasm-donor.gif
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 6:04 pm

COEXIST!

They left out buddhism. And they left out satanism! Religious bigots
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 6:07 pm

worst t-shirts ever are the ones with all the sewed-on crap, inexplicable years such as 1942 or 1973 and elizabethan scrollwork saying 'Rock And Roll' etc.
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 6:13 pm

Stuff like THIS but with sewn on frayed union jacks and stuff.
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 6:29 pm

I remember how someone in the basement bar of Vera once stated as if he was the prezzedenodeunidedstades:'That could not have been me. I NEVER wear band t-shirts.'

Exactly what happened to me -except I wasn't in Vera.
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 6:56 pm

Free Palestine (With Purchase)
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 7:01 pm

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 7:04 pm

NICE PEOPLE SUCK
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 7:17 pm

inexplicable years such as 1942 or 1973

i was just talking to Bill about this because we're doing printing for someone who has 1967 on a shirt and it doesnt fucking have anything to do with the design...
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 7:21 pm

For a while I stopped wearing band shirts, because a) I wanted to get laid and b) there weren't any good bands to wear shirts of. Now all I wear are Mans and Clockcleaner shirts all the time. All my shirts have penises on them.
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 7:25 pm

i want a Cockhomo "i'm gay - it's true!" shirt
- would pay extra if it had bazooka joe's mug on it
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 7:26 pm

I once saw an episode of 'Blind Date' where the girl and the winning guy got sent on holiday in Spain and the guy throughout was wearing an INCUBUS shirt. I mean, what a thing to wear on a first date with a girl who probably doesnt know its a band.
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 7:26 pm

In the seventh grade I was made to wear my Sex Pistols t-shirt inside out.

Now I only wear from collections of "I'm with Stupid" shirts.
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 7:32 pm

I never got shit for wearing Sex Pistols shirts in middle school, although I had students complain a bunch. I did get in a heated argument with a manager at a call center I worked at for wearing an "Asinine Solution" shirt. He said "asinine" was a curseword. He said "asinine, you know, like "dumbass"" and then I said "yer the fuckin' dumbass!" and although I didn't get fired for that, he told me if I didn't turn the shirt inside out, it'd be my last day.
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 7:34 pm

he told me if I didn't turn the shirt inside out, it'd be my last day.

so, was it?
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 7:36 pm

No. I turned it inside out and quit shortly after. I ended up working at that place four times over the years though.
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 7:59 pm

I generally don't like to advertise for anything on t shirts, EXCEPT bands cause they are the only thing worth advertising. I mean, if I like em, then they rule, and worth advertising for. But I am pretty selective.
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 8:18 pm | Edited by: Uptight White

Generally, I don't discriminate against hanging out with anyone because of their fashion choices. Or politics, for the most part, either. As long as they know how to have fun, and they don't try to tell me what to think, I'm cool with them.

Me either. I'll wear band and other advertising shirts if they are free and I like the music/ company. I draw the line at paying for the privelege of advertising for someone else.
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 8:38 pm

i dont wear band tshirts. i wear plain solid colored shirts and a goner shirt that says sucks.
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 9:32 pm

i only wear 4X white band shirts/dresses.
arghoslent!
flog the cargo!
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 10:20 pm

Let's blame it on Johnny Rotten - he started it with the "I Hate ... Pink Floyd" famous shirt. did anyone ever write "I hate" on a Sex Pistols t-shirt? I daresay I think not.
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 10:44 pm

I've never bought a band shirt in my life. However:

All my shirts have penises on them.

I sometimes wear my Cock ESP t-shirt.
hookorcrook
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 11:03 pm

i pretty much wear band shirts every day of my life, and have since i was 13 years old. they replaced my previous exclusive tshirt advertising campaign of surfboard and wetsuit manufacturers. these days i mix in a bbq, mexican or burger restaurant t a few days a week. it seems like a dumb thing to be against, who cares what other people wear or don't?
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 11:03 pm

Liquor in the front,
Poker in the rear!
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 11:12 pm

i'm pretty much a NO FEAR dude these days
whatever happened to panama jack?
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 11:39 pm

I'm exclusively into co-ed naked ______ apparel. Today it's volleyball.
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 11:41 pm

BIG JOHNSON
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 11:52 pm

SOTALLY TOBER
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 11:52 pm

One tequila,
Two tequila,
Three tequila,
FLOOR
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 11:58 pm

club sandwiches not seals!

Like it's wrong for the seals to take any unjust shit, but it's OK for turkeys & pigs to butchered appropriately. Not that I'm complaining. I've got nothing against butchering turkeys & pigs & I'll be glad to order the club sandwich, especially if it comes with a pickle & kettle cooked chips.

He said "asinine" was a curseword. He said "asinine, you know, like "dumbass"" and then I said "yer the fuckin' dumbass!" and although I didn't get fired for that, he told me if I didn't turn the shirt inside out, it'd be my last day.

Another case when cancer or violence isn't happening to the right person.
Posted: Aug 10, 2007 12:54 am

I've still got a Lost Sounds "Electric Rat" shirt in size XXXL, black shirt. It's yours if you paypal me something for shipping and promise to wear it once, even if it's to paint the house or something.

if tet68 don't want it I'll send you some money for it(like as if I was buying it from you at a show plus shipping)

problem is I ain't got paypal...I'll send it to the Contaminated address

and yeah I was gonna say MEAN PEOPLE SUCK was the worst bumper sticker ever

it was also annoying as fuck when people were putting their political credos on Stop signs
Posted: Aug 10, 2007 1:29 am

i had one of those RACISM stickers on my van bumper for at least a week before i knew it! altered to RACISM by either nazi nick or derek. whatever happened to derek???? after the whole beating of the jackass guys with a U-lock
Posted: Aug 10, 2007 2:39 am

and yeah I was gonna say MEAN PEOPLE SUCK was the worst bumper sticker ever

i had one on my oldsmobeast, i took an x-acto knife to the "mean" though.
Posted: Aug 10, 2007 3:16 am

JIMMY Z
Posted: Aug 10, 2007 3:16 am

TOWN AND COUNTRY
MAUI AND SONS
Posted: Aug 10, 2007 4:31 am

Sure Mark, it's yours...send shipping cost and your mailing address to me at po box 41953, Memphis, tn, 38174
Posted: Aug 10, 2007 6:32 am

yay
I loved that design
Posted: Aug 10, 2007 8:05 am

JIMMY Z

T & C Surf Designs...

I got a KONKS shirt on now that those guys gave me. If it's free and it's not advertising something gay then I'll wear it. Beggars can't be chosers.
Posted: Aug 10, 2007 4:41 pm

hey Mark, I'm holdin it for you.
Posted: Aug 10, 2007 4:53 pm

Only fags wear band t-shirts. And say "yay."
Posted: Aug 10, 2007 5:30 pm

OVERWORKED AND UNDERLAID

Came as a glitter sticker with a car I purchased.
Posted: Aug 10, 2007 6:08 pm

Whenever I'm in Europe or New York or such, I daily wear an Ole Miss shirt and always meet people I otherwise wouldn't. First time in London, first night: because of the Ole Miss shirt I was wearing, I ended up that night at a party in Buckingham Palace and was even taken into the bathroom to smoke hash. When I pointed out to my hosts that the Beatles did the same thing the first night they were in the palace, the ancedote was received as dorky.
Posted: Aug 10, 2007 7:14 pm

as it is now...
Posted: Aug 10, 2007 7:19 pm

THAT IS AWESOME!

i think i'll wear an old miss shirt to meet people!

to kill!
Posted: Aug 10, 2007 7:21 pm

WELL HUNG...

OVER
hookorcrook
Posted: Aug 10, 2007 8:03 pm

this isn't a bald spot...it's a solar panel for a SEX MACHINE!
Posted: Aug 10, 2007 8:12 pm

saw a shirt not that long ago "Jesus: Got Er Done." Myself, I stick with Vuarnet.
Posted: Aug 10, 2007 8:41 pm | Edited by: mrlastname

Breathalyzer Test
BLOW HERE
|
|
|
v
Posted: Aug 10, 2007 8:43 pm

Nothing to blow, faggot.
Posted: Aug 10, 2007 9:02 pm

^
|
|
|
I'M WITH STUPID
Posted: Aug 10, 2007 10:39 pm

I'd just once like to see a pregnant woman wearing an "I'm With Stupid" shirt with the arrow pointing at her belly.
Posted: Aug 10, 2007 10:42 pm

I bummed a cig to a pregnant lady today
Posted: Aug 10, 2007 10:54 pm

can i get a t-shirt with the I'M WITH STUPID arrow always pointing towards whomever is looking at me?

HOLOGRAPHIC ENGINEERS, HELLO!
Posted: Aug 10, 2007 10:57 pm

One of the truckers who delivers to our warehouse- and sports a giant trucker gut- wore a "ONE IN THE OVEN" t-shirt last summer.
Posted: Aug 10, 2007 11:40 pm

a friend of mine got a shirt for her kid that says "mommy drinks because i cry". pretty awesome. i'd totally get that t-shirt for my kid if i ever would have children (but that's probably not going to happen. the kid, that is.)
Posted: Aug 10, 2007 11:49 pm

"mommy drinks because i cry"

wow, my kids are old but I'd sure love to make them wear one of those! Of course, they're so old now I don't like advertising my drinking habit to them.

Band shirts are always the ultimate in fashion! But, my favorite t-shirt ever had "Peterbilt" emblazoned across my chest. I always thought that was funny.
Posted: Aug 10, 2007 11:53 pm

I still say this is the best shirt ever- AND I AM THE PROUD OWNER!!!

I like to wear it when I take my son to the movies. Deer head too.
http://flickr.com/photos/83348673@N00/891219592/
Posted: Aug 11, 2007 12:03 am

What's worse than fuckers like me who don't wear band shirts or watch TV?
Posted: Aug 11, 2007 12:06 am

WILDHEARTS
Posted: Aug 11, 2007 1:53 am

Posted: Aug 11, 2007 5:43 am

anybody on here ever see those shirts that was a cartoon of two dudes...and one dude says to the other dude "hey, whats cool?"

and the other dude says "nothing"

i totally wanna find that shirt.
Posted: Aug 11, 2007 5:45 am

You forgot the "nothing is cool" punchline.
Posted: Aug 11, 2007 5:53 am

hey Mark, I'm holdin it for you.

thanks but I don't gotta pee right now

BLAMMO...I sent you da stuff
Posted: Aug 11, 2007 7:31 am

My favorite hipster maternity t-shirt was tight and red, and said "Love Hurts" in KISS letters. Loved it.
Posted: Aug 11, 2007 8:48 am

up until now i didn't even know that any shirts existed other than the one with taz and bugz bunny rockin' the kris kross gear one.
Posted: Aug 11, 2007 8:55 am

I'd just once like to see a pregnant woman wearing an "I'm With Stupid" shirt with the arrow pointing at her belly.

Mr. Show Season 1&2 DVD Extras - "Fuzz" (Ronnie Dobbs sketch)
Posted: Aug 11, 2007 9:07 am

Dork.
Posted: Aug 13, 2007 2:57 am

wouldn't it be better if the belly says "I'm with stupid" and points up to the mother?
Posted: Aug 13, 2007 3:29 am

For a while I stopped wearing band shirts, because a) I wanted to get laid

I am wracking my brain to think of one person I've ever slept with who didn't wear band t-shirts...can't come up with a soul.
Posted: Aug 13, 2007 3:52 am

yo mama?
Posted: Aug 13, 2007 4:29 am

a thousand Registrators shirts couldn't help you...
Posted: Aug 13, 2007 11:14 am

Bumper sticker they should make:

Honk if you're nauseous!
Posted: Aug 13, 2007 11:56 am

i think i'll wear an old miss shirt to meet people!

to kill!

Already been done by a wasted frat boy from Germantown named Daniel Cummings, who killed Robert Langley...an Afghanistan war veteran, underpaid police officer and father.
Posted: Aug 13, 2007 3:46 pm

I am wracking my brain to think of one person I've ever slept with who didn't wear band t-shirts...can't come up with a soul.

Sometimes it's nice to fuck girls who you don't have to see everytime you go out to a show and who hasn't fucked most of your friends already.
Posted: Aug 13, 2007 3:51 pm

You're a beacon of optimism and good feeling, there, Chico...
Posted: Aug 13, 2007 6:01 pm

You're a beacon of optimism and good feeling, there, Chico...

For real. This is what I get for trying to be encouraging? ...and yo momma? For the record, I've been married for 8 years...to someone who wears band t-shirts nearly everyday. Good luck, y'all.
Posted: Aug 13, 2007 6:23 pm

Eracism

Is that like racism on the Internet?

That's Iracism
hookorcrook
Posted: Aug 13, 2007 8:30 pm

Honk if you're nauseous!

i always thought they should make one that says "Honk if you're obnoxious"
Posted: Aug 13, 2007 8:34 pm

Posted: Aug 15, 2007 2:11 am | Edited by: satanic war chicken

the only shirts i have are three different mangina shirts,a creteens shirt,and an uptown ofays shirt with blood on it.
thats it.
i used to have a shirt that said jesus got-er done,but i wore that till it fell off.
i also had a shirt i bought from target that had a flyer on it that said punk rock show,but it didnt have any bands on it.
i wore that too until it fell off.
Posted: Aug 15, 2007 3:10 am

So I just came up with a genius idea for a tee-shirt. It's for animal lovers and it would say:

I'M A PET-O-PHILE!

yay?
nay?

Miss Faye just looked at me like I was an idiot when I ran in there to tell her. I think she's a nay. Please tell me nobody has seen this before.
Posted: Aug 15, 2007 3:15 am

i also had a shirt i bought from target that had a flyer on it that said punk rock show,but it didnt have any bands on it.

that's amazing. didn't martell once come up with a similar shirt he saw?
Posted: Aug 23, 2007 3:49 pm

Mark, never got your address at my po box.
Posted: Aug 23, 2007 5:36 pm

i want a shirt for when i go to ikea that says: "don't ask, comrade, just buy"
Posted: Aug 23, 2007 10:18 pm

sorry uleeshuh

mailed it out today with money and a cd that we just put out

just got back from a mini tour this past sunday and have had drama ever since...it should be there by saturday the mail lady said
Posted: Aug 24, 2007 12:02 am

just got back from a mini tour this past sunday and have had drama ever since
drama huh? do tell!
Posted: Aug 24, 2007 2:06 am

you already know

Trash getting hit by the train
Posted: Aug 25, 2007 12:02 am

Does anybody remember those t shirts from the 80's during the Jim Bakker scandal that looked like Tammy Faye's face ran into you?
I was just thinking about those the other day.
Posted: Aug 26, 2007 4:54 pm

i want a shirt for when i go to ikea that says: "don't ask, comrade, just buy"
But the Ikea guy was a Nazi back in the day, not a commie.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®