Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Fuck. It is hot.
Posted: Aug 1, 2007 10:50 pm

It got up to 95 here in Maryland. I thought I was gonna get a break from the Mississippi summer by coming up here. It feels no different. Tomorrow is suppose to be worse.
Posted: Aug 1, 2007 10:55 pm

It is absolutely horrible in Memphis. That weird white sky haze for two days, and when you step outside you are immediately soaking wet...like a sauna.
The air's so thick you can't breathe. My car A/C went out a week ago...it still blows but I think I need freon or somesuch.
I emailed my garden client and told him I couldn't come tomorrow because it's so hot. I worked last week (7-10 a.m.) and came home and threw up because it was so hot.
Posted: Aug 1, 2007 11:14 pm

I haven't really noticed.

My parents live in Maryland though and they're having a really bad drought. last time I talked to them their well was dry.
Posted: Aug 1, 2007 11:26 pm

they're having a really bad drought.

Yeah... I've been here 8 weeks and its only rained twice for 10 minutes (literally). All the grass is dead... it's a fucking oven.
Posted: Aug 2, 2007 12:27 am

it's hot as fuck in chicago right now and one of the vehicles we use to pick up bodies is an older minivan and the AC is on the fritz...
Posted: Aug 2, 2007 1:03 am

ridiculously hot for WI
Posted: Aug 2, 2007 2:45 am

It was over 100 (that was the top of the scale for the thermometer) in my apartment today. Outside, it was 95 or so and very humid.

Tonight. a friend (who is getting free beer for life from me, the minute I can afford it) gave me an air conditioner for my livingroom/kitchen area. bless him.
Posted: Aug 2, 2007 2:47 am

eddie floyd is hot on pbs too
Posted: Aug 2, 2007 2:53 am

bitches,please.
the heat index today was 106
and it rained this afternoon for an hour.
when we went back to work it felt like 365 degrees
Posted: Aug 2, 2007 2:53 am

burnin down the house
Posted: Aug 2, 2007 3:43 am

WTF, Michigan is up in the 90's. Our yard hasn't had to be mowed in over a month because it is all dead and brown.
Posted: Aug 2, 2007 3:44 am

tsk, tsk...
Posted: Aug 2, 2007 6:30 am

its been hot n dry in so cal. in my neck of the woods (basically my back yard, actually), we've had a forest fire going on for a month (well, since 7/4).

i watered the lawn in the back today for an hour. it gets dried out if you don't water for a couple days - and the trees (that belong to the county) behind my retaining wall are DRY as fuck... total tinder sticks.
Posted: Aug 2, 2007 6:44 am

Fuck. It is not.

Belgium weather sucks. It's raining constantly in mid-summer!

I will go on a hike into the Austrian mountains next week and I
hope the rain won't ruin my vacation...

Rain rain go away,
Come again another day.
Little Johnny wants to play;
Rain, rain, go to Spain,
Never show your face again!
Posted: Aug 2, 2007 10:50 am

summers are the best time to visit seattle
Posted: Aug 2, 2007 12:29 pm

Summer sux
Posted: Aug 2, 2007 3:19 pm

i have that seasonal disorder thing, but w/ the summer. it depresses me. i can't handle heat and humidity. it makes me want to crawl into a closet and die.
Posted: Aug 2, 2007 8:35 pm

I love when it's this hot! Everyone stinks like pheromones.
Posted: Aug 2, 2007 8:37 pm

i have that seasonal disorder thing, but w/ the summer. it depresses me. i can't handle heat and humidity. it makes me want to crawl into a closet and die.

AMEN! I AM RIGHT THERE WITH YOU!
I really, really, really hate summer.
Posted: Aug 2, 2007 8:48 pm

WTF, Michigan is up in the 90's. Our yard hasn't had to be mowed in over a month because it is all dead and brown.

Damn right. There's green patches around the garden where the spinkler overlaps but other than that I haven't fired up the mower in a couple of weeks. We're getting gouged on our water bills here (and they're suppose to double in the next couple of years thanks to some ineptness in city management) so I'm just focus on the foods growing and letting the rest of it slide for now.
Posted: Aug 2, 2007 9:05 pm

summers are the best time to visit seattle
We did hit 98 a couple of weeks ago. We'll be North L.A. in 30 years.
Posted: Aug 2, 2007 9:34 pm

Its about 250 degrees in beautiful Augusta GA.
Posted: Aug 2, 2007 9:42 pm

Hot enough for ya?
Posted: Aug 2, 2007 9:54 pm

AMEN! I AM RIGHT THERE WITH YOU!
I really, really, really hate summer.

me 3
Posted: Aug 2, 2007 10:35 pm

me 3

me 4!

i wanna move somewhere where it's fall all year round! i love CRISP air! and just cool enough for a sweater.
Posted: Aug 2, 2007 11:26 pm

jay, it's hot for like 2 weeks out of the whole year here. fuck you in the face.
Posted: Aug 3, 2007 12:26 am

i wanna move somewhere where it's fall all year round! i love CRISP air! and just cool enough for a sweater.

That's San Francisco. It's awesome here but I wish it were hotter. Today's high was 61! I miss those blazing hot days where you just roll out the door and stumble around all day. And there's nothing better in the world then going to the beach when it's 100 degrees out.
Posted: Aug 3, 2007 1:45 am

Posted: Aug 8, 2007 11:04 pm

OH GAWD!!!! FUCK, TODAY SUCKED!
Posted: Aug 8, 2007 11:10 pm

I don't know if it's hot or not because I refuse to go outside. Unless I can move to Vilas in the next few years I'm going to become a shut in. This shit sucks.
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 12:47 am

yeah, I've been a good sport all summer but the last few days have been completely brutal. fuck this shit.
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 1:12 am

nice here, 73 degrees with a cool breeze blowing in off lake michigan. jumped into the great toilet today, the waters dirty but nice and cold.
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 2:53 am

9:00 here and still 87 degrees. heat index: 98.
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 3:22 am

65 here
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 3:31 am

It's 1000 degreeze in NYC. It's so hazy from the humidity it looks like fog. And none of the subways work due to flooding. Great..
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 3:41 am

yeah, what's up with the huge flood y'all had today?
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 4:09 am

I didn't leave the house today cause my brain hurts from all the retards runnin around up here, but the news says we got 3 inches in 1 hour city wide and the subways are only capable of 1 inch per hour so all the trains got all wacky an stuff....The subway is laughable at best. It's too godam crowded. There's too many fights. No cops anywhere. they aint never runnin on the weekends and next year they wanna raise the price. Retards. But when the transit strike happenned, whew buddy were we all fucked I tell you what.
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 4:27 am

Speaking of the subway, I was on the F train yesterday and some crazy woman had comandeered the announcement microphone in one of the open conducter cars (you can kick the door open usually) and was anouncing each stop when the train would pull into the station as (in an extremely high pitched screechy voice, screaming) GET THE FUCK OFF THE TRAIN BEEEEEAAAATCH! LAST STOP MUTHA FUKAS! Even tho it wasn't the last stop.
I was like, laughin,....it was pretty halarious...
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 4:43 am

yeah, what's up with the huge flood y'all had today?

TORNADO!!!

In NYC, it's not just the heat & humidity, the flooding, etc. -- it's the poor air quality, too. Breathing hurts today.
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 10:04 am

that's so weird that you guys got a tornado. i never thought they hit nyc like that ever. you hear about them hitting suburban areas outside of larger cities but never really inside a metropolitan area like that. crazings.

it was 94 degrees on one of the bank clocks at 9:30 pm tonight. fuckin' hot and sticky well into the night. yuck. this spell of really bad hot weather makes me almost glad i got laid off from my job where i had to work outside.
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 1:26 pm

Same here! Thank fuck for air conditioning. I actually feel good all winter, not that I dig below zero and a couple feet of snow, but it doesn't affect my mood.
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 10:48 pm

The subway... No cops anywhere.

I thought ya'll had these guys?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®