Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / FLEXI DISCS?!?!?!
Posted: Jul 24, 2007 2:55 am

anyone know a company that still manufactures them?
Posted: Jul 24, 2007 3:37 am

i have a semi comedic one about the abominable snowman.

YETI.
Posted: Jul 24, 2007 3:51 am

Remember when Mcdonalds gave away flexi discs that had a song on them, and if the kids sang the song all the way through you won something. I was tiny at the time but man I wanted them to finish that damn song.
Posted: Jul 24, 2007 4:37 am

after evatone stopped making them a few years ago erika records acquired the patent. they have yet to begin production of them. supposedly theres a company in the former soviet union thats making them illegally, maybe you can track them down.
Posted: Jul 24, 2007 4:49 am

does the patent cover paper/cardboard records too or just the plastic flexi discs?

would the company in the former soviet union be the same one that pirate's press uses in the czech republic?
Posted: Jul 24, 2007 5:04 am

no fucking idea. sounds like you already know the answers youre looking for.
Posted: Jul 24, 2007 8:43 am

nope, had no idea that erika bought the patent after evatone kicked
and even less of an idea that there were black market flexis being made in the former USSR
Posted: Jul 24, 2007 9:00 am

Remember when Mcdonalds gave away flexi discs that had a song on them, and if the kids sang the song all the way through you won something. I was tiny at the time but man I wanted them to finish that damn song.

"Big Mac
McD.L.T.
A Quarter Pounder with some cheese.
Filet-O-Fish
A Hamburger
A Cheeseburger
Happy Meal.
McNuggets, tasty golden fries
Regular or larger size. . .

Then they trailed off and I didn't win $100,000 or whatever the prize was. I remembered being disheartened at the time and have had a distaste for McDonald's ever since.

But on a serious note, I believe that Erika still makes flexis. If not, I'm sure they know someone who does.
Posted: Jul 24, 2007 9:01 am

Shit. After reading the other posts, I guess the Erika situation was already mentioned.

I guess don't try them. They might get pissed.
Posted: Jul 24, 2007 12:18 pm

don't try them? they might get pissed?
I thought everyone loved McDonald's
Posted: Jul 24, 2007 2:59 pm

I said "YETI."
Posted: Jul 24, 2007 5:10 pm

I have the world's largest collection of these. Six.
Posted: Jul 24, 2007 11:02 pm

I guess don't try them. They might get pissed.

More people DO need to bug erika so they know there's interest.

I applied for a job at Evatone about a year ago.... (Evatone is in the same county I live in)
They wanted to hire me, but I turned down an offer to work in their printing department when I found out they stopped making "sound sheets"..... I guess I should have just asked them before I applied....
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 12:54 am

yeah i was hired there too until they said, "ok now you just have to go take the drug test"
that was the end of that idea
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 3:57 am

I wish I had the \"Got Love if you Want It,\" by Tex and the Horseheads from Take It! fanzine- crazy version. I got it on tape, later after reading the fanzine and wishing I could hear it.
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 4:07 am

flexis sound like ass.
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 6:23 am

you're a sound like ass
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 6:46 am

This may be true, but it doesn't change the fact that flexis aren't good for much apart from the novelty aspect, or for shoving in zines.
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 6:51 am

I didn't know you were such an audiophile

yeah it's terrible to harsh anyone's mellow with sound

FAGGOT!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 7:09 am

I totally listened to that McDonald's flexi a hundred times. It came in the sunday paper, and I never could get through the whole song in one breath.

....I love McDonald's Good Times Great Taste and I get this all at one place.
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 7:32 am

I didn't know you were such an audiophile

I'm not. I'm just baffled by why anyone would want to mass produce something that sounds like it was recorded inside of a tin can onto a wet paper bag.

Go for it though. If that's what you wanna do. I mean, you know how they sound, it's yer money. You can throw it away any way you like. Personally, I'd just get some hookers if you got that much to toss away.
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 7:37 am

hookers? NOT DRUGS!!!!!!!!!!!

sellout
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 8:01 am

sellout

You don't even know. I'd actually probably spend the money doing nice things for my girlfriend.
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 10:46 am | Edited by: SSSSSSS

I got a clear GnR Appetite for Destruction flexi with a photo card behind it.
taking offers...
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 3:04 pm

This may be true, but it doesn't change the fact that flexis aren't good for much apart from the novelty aspect

if you dont like novelties you and me don't need to be kickin' it.
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 3:30 pm

they sound like shit and cost just as much or more to produce than a regular 7"
hookorcrook
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 12:35 am

BILLY & THE BOINGERS "U STINK BUT I LUV U" ...Bloom County goes Mentors. even better on 45.
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 11:26 pm

I have the billy an the boingers it is pretty good. It used to cost a little more to set up the flexi's but then it is way cheaper to print on than vynal if you get 1000+
Posted: Jul 28, 2007 8:13 pm

I don' t know what makes them anymore, but you could probably contact Roctober magazine. Jake Austen loves them & Roctober did one a few years back with a Scissor Girls song that didn't make it to the CD that compiled most of the bands works.

I can't remember the Boston label (or maybe it was a Boston band) that glued a flexi to the top of their CD. You could play it in your CD player, then take it out, put it on your turntable & play the flexi on top. Pretty fuckin' cool idea in my humble, but correct opinion.
Posted: Jul 29, 2007 5:10 pm

I was out antiquing the other day, and I saw a Mad flexi disc. They wanted $15 for it. I should've just rolled it up and stuffed it up my sleeve...
Posted: Jul 29, 2007 6:39 pm

BILLY & THE BOINGERS "U STINK BUT I LUV U" ...Bloom County goes Mentors. even better on 45.

goddamn i remember the week that came out. don't know why i never got it.

that song was their opus. get it? opus???

ack.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®