Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / N' Evils appreciation thread
Posted: Jul 18, 2007 6:36 am

i think james and george should give themselves a bug slap on the back
Posted: Jul 18, 2007 7:19 am

Fuck yeah!

The nickname around our house was Necessary Elvis. I remember Shenanigan telling me to check them out when Spider Fingers was new. The story of their 1st trip to Cowtown can not be repeated here. There is video of Steve & James dancing a little jig in the hallway by the cans in The Garage in which Shenanigan, who is holding the camera declares, "This is genius, Steve!"

Fuckin' love 'em. Brainwasher!
Posted: Jul 18, 2007 7:30 am

Love 'em. Also, I'm drunk and sweating like an obese man who's about to have a heart attack.
Posted: Jul 18, 2007 3:27 pm

When I crashed sixteene's and shopfront's housewarming party on my second trip to NYC I waslked into sixteene's bedroom and saw a Spider Fingers poster on her wall. The rest is history.
Posted: Jul 18, 2007 3:50 pm

Hear, hear! Been listening to that live thing a lot lately, I think the 45s are gonna be pulled out now.
Posted: Jul 18, 2007 3:54 pm

Been listening to that live thing a lot lately

fuckin' nuts, ain't it?
Posted: Jul 18, 2007 4:22 pm

I like them a lot and somehow missed them when they were in town years back (you check 'em out, Ronnie?). I'm dumb sometimes.
Posted: Jul 18, 2007 4:27 pm

Haunted George slept in my parents bed (they were out of town) and he even made the bed in the morning. Him and James also turned me on to putting mustard in my pork and beans. They also finshed my grilling duties for me cuz I was coming down offa acid and was completely useless.

Appreciated!
Posted: Jul 18, 2007 4:39 pm

When I crashed sixteene's and shopfront's housewarming party on my second trip to NYC I waslked into sixteene's bedroom and saw a Spider Fingers poster on her wall. The rest is history.

I like that story.

and APPRECIATE!
Posted: Jul 18, 2007 5:36 pm

(you check 'em out, Ronnie?)
I did indeed, and not including me, Timebomb Tom, Jeremy or Devin, I'd estimate there were four people there. It was at that moment that my scene cred skyrocketed.
Posted: Jul 18, 2007 5:36 pm

Oh, they were really good, too.
Posted: Jul 18, 2007 5:54 pm

Here's some rare footage of us as a trio before Jimmy Hole came on board. Thanks to Keith from Columbus AKA "khan" for sending this to me... the T-shirts in the mail my brother...
Posted: Jul 18, 2007 5:58 pm

wwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Posted: Jul 18, 2007 6:35 pm

oblivs had some great psycho shows in LA with the nec evils... always a blast.

well, costa mesa was a drag, but i'd like to think we dragged it down even further.

Nec Evils!
Posted: Jul 18, 2007 6:42 pm

costa mesa was a drag

Was that the skin-head hangout "Club Mesa"? I don't even remember that. I remember Hollywood.
Posted: Jul 18, 2007 9:31 pm

I don't remember anything...oh yeah except that time they slept in a church parking lot comin down off pills. Then I came out on my front porch and they were sleeping there. and long drives through deserts with very long urination breaks...and sleeping in the garage parking lot of the hotel we couldn't afford to stay in when we played the Mudhoney record release party in Seattle. Both bands slept in the same van that night. Awww yes!
Posted: Jul 19, 2007 4:33 am

I remember we were having a cookout at my place, so Kyle, James & I went to a grocery store. On the way back, a really good looking girl in a convertible pulled up next to us & James looked at her & said "Hi." She smiled at him & said "Hi." James looked at me & says "You can tell we're not in L.A. anymore."
Posted: Jul 19, 2007 5:45 am

my best memory is seeing them in pdx and james riding his wah pedal like it was a balancing board
Posted: Jul 19, 2007 4:13 pm

Necessary Evils
Countdowns
LA Times

Vegas
Mushrooms
Antics
Jock "Punks"
Eruption of Intense Violence
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®