Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Best idea for a T.V Show?
Posted: Jul 14, 2007 10:34 pm

Ok,
So everyone that knows me knows that I am obsessed with Anthony Bourdain. I was talking to a friend and we were discussing our roadtrip to Gonerfest this September.
We were saying that we should videotape all of our travels, but go to really fine dining establishments that are run by celebrity chefs and eat and drink up a storm and then leave without paying the bill.
We thought a great name would be "Dine and Dash"
Oh yeah, and we would be wearing Dead Boys t-shirts the whole time too!
Posted: Jul 14, 2007 11:04 pm

"a friend" huh
Posted: Jul 14, 2007 11:21 pm

yup
Posted: Jul 14, 2007 11:28 pm

okay, let me rephrase that....
myself and my boyfriend and soon to be husband Mark Beef were discussing the above topic.
He forced me to be a name dropper!
There are you happy!?
I love you anyway
Posted: Jul 14, 2007 11:37 pm

huh?

you are a crazy stalker
Posted: Jul 14, 2007 11:38 pm

i'm obsessed w/ tony bourdain too.
i sent him a stiv bators t-shirt, hoping he'd wear it on his show...

i think your idea is fab. but you should figure out a way that you won't get busted for the larceny.

you should extend your trip beyond memphis to FLA and dine & dash at that no-neck celebrity chef's restaurant in tampa. robert irvine, the dinner impossible dickhead.
Posted: Jul 14, 2007 11:42 pm

think your idea is fab. but you should figure out a way that you won't get busted for the larceny.

duh

it's called be faster than the cops

if you mean post showing it on television we will have created art by then and everyone knows artists are above the law
Posted: Jul 14, 2007 11:52 pm

huh?

you are a crazy stalker

Yes, Yes I am....
....and guess what ? I know where you live!
Posted: Jul 15, 2007 12:21 am

i would add an element of suspense into each episode; if restaurant were fab, dash; they wld be ironically less willing to seek payment coz of free publicity.

if place sucked, hell, you were the idiots who "lost" that bet, believing the hype, getting a server with herpes, having 4 day fish whilst inland 400 miles, etc.

you buy, No fly.

i'd also take theresa who would lend palate, connections, and discerning third party view

anyways, you shd always have 3 judges in case of 1/1 split vote

part of the fun in restaurants is mocking bev prices, bev presentations, wine prices. wine list, and what the server "thinks" shd go with the appetizer du jour

i think thersa prolly knows her way around a wine list
Posted: Jul 15, 2007 12:24 am

and puke all over the table anytime Rachel Ray is mentioned
Posted: Jul 15, 2007 12:29 am

id like to consider myself somewhat of a foodie, but hey the more the merrier!
i think that we really may be on to something! Anyone got any Food Network connections?
If that guy from the Ace of Cakes can get a show, then we sould be able to dammit!
Posted: Jul 15, 2007 12:35 am

I would be outfitted with a colostomy bag that I would have retrofitted to be an industrial vaccuum cleaner bag that I would then empty on the town's local landmark each episode as well
Posted: Jul 15, 2007 12:36 am

Anyone got any Food Network connections?

i relaunched the food network in 1999.
its a whole different regime there now, however.
BUT one of the producers who worked for me at vh1 now produces tyler's ultimate, so i still have an IN

i think thersa prolly knows her way around a wine list

dude, i am sitting on a vineyward RIGHT THIS VERY MOMENT!!! taking care of a vacationing friend's diva parrot and very patient dachshund
Posted: Jul 15, 2007 12:38 am

dude, i am sitting on a vineyward RIGHT THIS VERY MOMENT!!! taking care of a vacationing friend's diva parrot and very patient dachshund

You know the Thunderbird's?
Posted: Jul 15, 2007 12:41 am

aren't they next door to boone's farm?
Posted: Jul 15, 2007 12:42 am

I don't know...after a night hanging out with them I can never remember how to get back
Posted: Jul 15, 2007 6:55 am | Edited by: junior

are these the huber bock hubers?
Posted: Jul 15, 2007 5:01 pm

If the internet has taught us anything, it's that videotaping a crime spree is a fantastic idea.
Posted: Jul 15, 2007 5:34 pm

Yes,
but if you had corporate backing then it wouldnt really be a crimespree. The whole idea is that the viewers wouldnt know that in the end the bill would be paid.
So it wouldnt really be a crimespree. But HAD to know didnt you?
Posted: Jul 15, 2007 6:07 pm

what?!?!?!?!

television never lies
Posted: Jul 15, 2007 6:57 pm

you're a television
Posted: Jul 15, 2007 7:05 pm

you're a telemundo
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®