Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Black Lips Summer Tan Tour
Posted: Jul 13, 2007 6:39 pm

they've still got it. it would seem the train has not yet left the station, the show was not sold out. the kids are alright but i think the lack of "beats" threw some of 'em for a loop. but folks were DANCING and we surely need to keep that going around here

i hope the band doesn't get exhausted but you got to make hay.
Posted: Jul 13, 2007 7:14 pm

I missed last night, but I saw Jered Wednesday and he said they might be playing a house party in Oakland tonight. You know if that's happening?
Posted: Jul 13, 2007 8:11 pm

Hmmmm, no, but they're doing Amoeba-SF at 6:00 tonight, could always show up there and ask.

Haz-Mat House maybe?

sounds like fun no matter!
Posted: Jul 13, 2007 9:25 pm

Anyone heard the new record yet?
Trey? Have you?
Posted: Jul 13, 2007 9:50 pm

It was a really good show last night. The crowd was a little strange for a black lips show being at Popscene and all (I liked when Cole said "we'll let you get back to your Bloc Party soon enough"). The new songs were great, esp. the opener.
Posted: Jul 13, 2007 10:15 pm

Anyone heard the new record yet?
Trey? Have you?

i havent' heard the final mix yet but travis just called from CA and said he got me a copy. (i was there when they recorded it though) albums gonna be titled 'good bad not evil' and has 12 songs. joe showed me the track listing the other day and based off that i think it'll be killer.
Posted: Jul 13, 2007 10:26 pm

good bad not evil

awesome and so true.
Posted: Jul 13, 2007 10:38 pm

Guess I missed where was it recorded.....

good bad not evil

awesome and so true.

Ditto!
Posted: Jul 13, 2007 10:42 pm | Edited by: Whiskey Bent

Oh. Some of ya'll prolly didn't miss this......but the new songs are CRUCIAL and SHOULDN'T be missed.....

Weed required:

Black Lips live! kepx.org
July 9th -- 9:33/4/5
http://www.kexp.org/streamarchive/streamarchive.asp
Posted: Jul 13, 2007 10:51 pm

where was it recorded.....

it was recorded at a local studio here in atlanta called the living room (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&frie ndid=95951486)
the engineer was ed rawls who has mastered pretty much all of the rob's house shit. he's a rad dude.
Posted: Jul 13, 2007 11:00 pm | Edited by: Whiskey Bent

Glad they got to do it there. Is that your bro that moved out?

Thanks, Trey!

Oh is Buried Alive on the new record?
Is Cold Hands & My Struggle? Ot those singles only?
Do you know the name of the two new songs fr kexp?

Can you balance my checking account too?
Posted: Jul 14, 2007 12:00 am

being at Popscene

yeah, strange. at least we didn't have to hear the fake English accent thing. the DJ didn't seem to know what to do. I've seen a few shows there and last night was one of the best. the crowd is always lame tho.

the bartender poured a teaspoon of bourbon into my soda, i poured it out and bullied him into making a decent drink for $6. yay!
Posted: Jul 14, 2007 12:30 am

I think it's because popscene is one of the only places in SF where you can be 18 and get in. It was ridiculous how many high school girls with fake id's were trying to get in when I was waiting in line.
Posted: Jul 14, 2007 1:24 am

so where's the show tonight??
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®