Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / sx guitars?
Posted: Jun 28, 2007 5:56 pm

Posted: Jun 28, 2007 7:08 pm

I have the SX blue strat copy. I mainly use it on the 3 songs I play with "Open G" tuning now, but it's a good guitar. I bought it new for $99 on E-bay, but the tone is surprisingly good and it stays in tune better than any guitar I own.
Posted: Jun 28, 2007 7:42 pm

hm. they seem too cheap to be good, but i'm to cheap to spend alot of money right now.
Posted: Jun 28, 2007 7:44 pm

SX

they forgot the "u" in the middle. yuck yuck. actually they look cool and by the description sound like they would sound pretty awesome. not for me though, i only like paul reed smith guitars and alembic basses.
Posted: Jun 28, 2007 8:07 pm

hmmm... you may have sold me. i need a solid body. . .
Posted: Jun 28, 2007 8:19 pm

Keep in mind it's gonna come with terrible strings and really high action, so you'll probably need a set-up before you start playing it for real, but that's often the case even with "brand-name" guitars.

I've read some reviews of SX where people griped about uneven frets, but that wasn't the case on mine at all. But it IS a Chinese-made guitar that costs $100, so I imagine there may be some quality control issues from guitar to guitar.
Posted: Jun 28, 2007 8:22 pm

Posted: Jun 28, 2007 8:24 pm

Posted: Jun 28, 2007 8:24 pm

great minds etc
Posted: Jun 28, 2007 8:40 pm

i love my sx bass.
my guitar player is going to be buying the exact same git that you listed... another buddy has the jr with p90s, and it sounds great. More that what you would expect for that cheap, but with a couple more bucks spent on a set up and good strings (maybe even tuners if you feel like it) who needs a fuckin' epi or squire.

plus that shape is way out!
Posted: Jun 28, 2007 8:41 pm

most of the complaints i read were about the bridge. hugh, did you have to replace and parts?
Posted: Jun 28, 2007 8:46 pm | Edited by: deadcityrebel

or anyone that has one
Posted: Jun 29, 2007 12:08 am

I'm using the stock bridge. No problems with it. I put in some name-brand tuners just because I had some lying around, but the stock tuners kept it in tune just as well as the "good" tuners. I bought it in a whim because it was so cheap and it came in a lefty model. I've been very pleased with it.
Posted: Jun 29, 2007 2:15 am

I bought a First Act (they sell them in Sam Goody's and shit) guitar a few months ago for $100 just as a back-up and now I use it for everything. Even the tuners are solid. It plays better than the bullshit $2000 Les Paul I had (total piece of shit). The cheapos are the way to go.
Posted: Jun 29, 2007 2:34 am

The cheapos are the way to go.
yeah i have one really nice guitar but i don't using it all the time so i like the idea of good cheap ones as backups.
Posted: Jun 29, 2007 1:59 pm | Edited by: Golightly

I had one of these Gibson J-160E...made in Montana...100th anniversary model...had to sell it a few years ago...2 grand.
http://www.gibson.com/Products/Gibson%20Acoustic%20Guitars/Gibson%20Ac oustic%20Guitars/Modern%20Classics/Round%20Shoulder%20Dreadnought/J%2D 160E%20VS%20Std/

A couple of months ago I got a Dillion copy of the same guitar 500 bucks
http://www.dillionguitars.com/guitar/acoustic_electric/DJ/DJ60E/index. html

it's the BEST acoustic guitar I've ever owned....and I've had Martins, Fenders, Gibsons etc.

One of the best twelve strings I've ever heard was a Eastwood Vox Phantom copy that Lamar Sorrento had....could't beat it out of tune.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®