Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / white stripes
Posted: Jun 11, 2007 12:19 pm

anyone else see/read the nyt sunday interview. big pix, full page and watch out saskatchewa and alberta. the band be touting hot spots like Yellowknife where the drunks can try to rub seal oil all over meg's bosom.
Posted: Jun 11, 2007 8:19 pm

i didn't see it (but i'll go look)... at least the NYT's music editor had a better idea.... than assigning someone to write about john mayer side by side w/ jack white like the LATimes did. it was a pathetic stretch, and for what? like neither of them demands enough attention for one column each?
Posted: Jun 11, 2007 8:31 pm

than assigning someone to write about john mayer side by side w/ jack white like the LATimes did.

Was that Ann Powers?
Wow. Bet nobody bitches about Hilburn anymore.
Posted: Jun 11, 2007 8:51 pm

yeah, it was ann powers. shame, too.... because she's smart and she's a capable writer. he stuff in the village voice is a little better.

very dumb decision on her part or her editors to compare/contrast john mayer and jack white. hilburn... yeah, he used to be the bane of everyone's existence.... cromelin was the best of the LA Times music writers. but all in all... the LA Times... not really a good paper. i've read it all my life and there isn't a day that goes by i don't roll my eyes over several things a day
Posted: Jun 12, 2007 12:14 am | Edited by: ChrisG

...there isn't a day that goes by i don't roll my eyes over several things a day...

That must be why you read it!
Posted: Jun 12, 2007 12:21 am

john mayer side by side w/ jack white

Pretty much the Albert King and Freddie King of our day, or so I'm told.
Posted: Jun 12, 2007 12:30 am

Pretty much the Albert King and Freddie King of our day, or so I'm told.

i read it as being all about the hair!
Posted: Jun 12, 2007 4:50 pm

john mayer

Man I hate that guy. Just thought I'd put in my two cents.
Posted: Jun 12, 2007 4:51 pm

add my two as well
Posted: Jun 12, 2007 5:01 pm

john mayer side by side w/ jack white

the same apt comparison would be rufus thomas and rufus wainwright

yikes!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®