Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / What's the favorite IGGY record?
Posted: Jun 4, 2007 7:13 pm | Edited by: miss linda

chef sam said NEW VALUES"sucks".

and that's what I have to deal with at work.
Posted: Jun 4, 2007 7:53 pm

out of his post stooges work, "new values" isn't the best of the lot, but i'm sorry you gotta work with that.... PARTY - now that one could actually suck
Posted: Jun 4, 2007 8:19 pm

funhouse
Posted: Jun 5, 2007 1:41 am

New Values has some cool stuff on it (Five Foot One, I'm Bored, and Dog Food for starters). It's certainly not the worst Iggy record.
Posted: Jun 5, 2007 1:48 am

Beat Em Up is my favorite. I like the new one he's got out now though. My Idea of Fun is a great song.
Posted: Jun 5, 2007 2:05 am

i have sentimental attachments to zombie birdhouse, but if i were making recommendations, it wouldn't be high on the list. generally, i can find enough likeable stuff on all the post-stooges records... but those stooges records are just about perfect. i like the bowie/berlin stuff and think they hold up today even though every television commercial seems to use "lust for life"... i haven't tired of it.
Posted: Jun 5, 2007 2:07 am

New Values has some cool stuff on it (Five Foot One, I'm Bored, and Dog Food for starters).

Actually, Dog Food is on Soldier, which is also pretty good.

I'd say his best post Stooges albums are Lust For Life, The Idiot and New Values.
Posted: Jun 5, 2007 3:47 am

chef sam said NEW VALUES"sucks".

You should steal his copy of Brick by Brick and tape Metal Machine Music on both sides.
Posted: Jun 5, 2007 3:56 am

remind me not to disagree wtih your taste....
Posted: Jun 5, 2007 4:13 am

I'd say his best post Stooges albums are Lust For Life, The Idiot and New Values.

I would concur.
Posted: Jun 5, 2007 4:19 am

live at the domino club with sonic's rendevous backing him up or san diego st with the sales bros. both available on where the faces shine vol. 1
Posted: Jun 5, 2007 8:43 am

That's accurate.

New Value's I'm bored is my highest rotation Iggy track on my iPod. Just beating out the much over-looked Repo Man title track, and I Got Nothin' from the Kill City recordings with James Williamson.

Baby tops out tracks from the Idiot, and Sixteen is the top track from Lust for Life.

---

As long as I'm strokin' the list by play count feature, I might as well give you more information you didn't ask for or give a damn about: Top spun Stooges tracks- Search And Destroy, Little Doll, T.V. Eye.
Posted: Jun 5, 2007 8:46 am

KILL CITY. Recorded on leave from the mental hospital. Prime James Williamson.
Posted: Jun 5, 2007 8:56 am

Ziggy was awesome. Especially when nothing would work out for him. And that little dog, Fuzz, was cute as a button, or Sid, the cat afraid of mice, or Josh, the discouraging parrot, or Goldie the fish and Wack the duck. It was really like living at bvalentine's house and sometimes they'd see a rainbow and say something cryptic about god and his wonderous wor-

Oh.
Posted: Jun 5, 2007 9:02 am

KILL CITY. Recorded on leave from the mental hospital. Prime James Williamson.

yeah. i love that one. and my green vinyl copy was especially fun to watch spinning when you were really drunk!
Posted: Jun 5, 2007 9:03 am | Edited by: Jack Stands

especially fun to watch spinning when you were really drunk!

Past tense, Theresa? Really?
Posted: Jun 5, 2007 9:30 am

i don't watch green records spinning anymore when i'm drunk; i just sit in a chair and wait for the house boy to pour more wine. you know, i'm a lady of a certain age and rather civilized at times
Posted: Jun 5, 2007 2:24 pm

Iggy's "Blah Blah Blah" came out when I was in 8th grade (1986) and about a year into the process of discovering punk rock. I had heard about the Stooges, but I could never find any Stooges albums near where I grew up in Northwest Indiana. One day I found "Blah Blah Blah" on cassette at the mall so I bought it. I thought it sucked and didn't understand until many years later why Iggy was regarded as such an important figure in punk rock.
Posted: Jun 5, 2007 2:34 pm

I was in elementary school when my buddy Chris Johnson came over with his psp.

"Dude, I just downloaded a record from the "godfather of punk."

"Iggy Pop? He's supposed to be awesome. Lemme hear.... HEY! This song's great! What's this called?"

"Man, check it out- BUTT TOWN!"

"This guy rules!"
Posted: Jun 5, 2007 3:01 pm

Consolation Prizes is one of my favorite songs ever.
Posted: Jun 5, 2007 4:07 pm

being a singles snuffer
i don't need no albums
i likes the new rose single
"gemmy some gums/i got a parking ticket"
Posted: Jun 5, 2007 5:50 pm

THE IDIOT
Posted: Jun 5, 2007 5:55 pm

I was in elementary school

iggy wins those kids over with the peanut butter thing all the time!
Posted: Jun 5, 2007 5:59 pm

Posted: Jun 5, 2007 6:08 pm

Butt Town definitely rules! Every time I hear it, it totally takes me back to the time I was living in Butt Town.
Posted: Jun 5, 2007 8:44 pm

THE IDIOT

Right on Sister!
Posted: Jun 5, 2007 10:19 pm

I like 'em all
XCEPT
"Blah" --- too much Blowie.

but nothing beats THE STOOGES
and Jim knows that too
Posted: Jun 5, 2007 11:30 pm

New Values. hands down. it\'s the only lp that really sounds like he has an actual band that\'s actually good playing with him. and the songs are good.
Lust For Life, and The Idiot have some good ones on them too, but they are more like almost novelty records in a way, and even if they are better than that, they are still definatley \"solo\" records. whereas new values is more like a band that iggy is the lead singer for. I tried to like Zombie birdhouse but...still, it all pretty much pales in comparison with the stooges. it really irked me to no end when iggy played new orleans and almost everyone I saw the next week or so said \"did you see iggy pop the other night??\" and I said NO...I did see the stooges though....
Posted: Jun 7, 2007 8:30 pm

I tried to like Zombie birdhouse

That's tough, I know.
Posted: Jun 8, 2007 6:38 pm

What about The Horse Song?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®