Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Hey NYC goner-fuckheads
Posted: May 19, 2007 8:59 pm

that means you Mike and Bazooka.

I found this lovely little bar that is trying to start some shit and needs some bands TLC to come in and rock out!!

who wants to play/dj?
Posted: May 19, 2007 9:01 pm

TLC

?

who wants to play/dj?

sorry. i'm booked that night.
Posted: May 19, 2007 9:06 pm

ahh dont be mean.....

TLC tender loving care ... iknow you got some big poppa
Posted: May 19, 2007 9:08 pm

Sure, email me: thisismikesaddress@yahoo.com

My only regular DJ night is first Saturday of the month.
Posted: May 19, 2007 9:09 pm

bazooka has TLC in spades. i fell in love w/ the thing with two heads when i walked into a bar they were dj'ing and bazooka saw me and the next record was oblivians "no reason to live." you gotta love a dj who knows the faves of all the peeps in the crowd.
Posted: May 19, 2007 9:09 pm

If mike can provide anything, it's TLC.
Posted: May 19, 2007 9:14 pm

Theresa K: you are so right!!!
Posted: May 19, 2007 9:25 pm

from now on I only play TLC.

long live Left Eye!
Posted: May 19, 2007 9:28 pm

hey bazooka.... don't go chasing waterfalls
Posted: May 19, 2007 11:48 pm

hey bzook there are turn tables here... at this bar.. and they told me to tell you to BRING THE JAMS BRA
Posted: May 20, 2007 12:08 am

I got the jams, but it'll cost $150 min. to get the thing with two heads to play them.
Posted: May 20, 2007 12:34 am

whats the bar? what neighborhood?
Posted: May 20, 2007 1:17 am

underthings'll play.
Posted: May 20, 2007 6:15 am

I'll DJ that mother fucker!!!

I do BEAT JUGGLING and plenty of the SKRRRrrrRRr-at-at-attchin!!!
I will crab walk all over that ass!

WUN 2!!!
Posted: May 20, 2007 7:06 am

yo mama's got crabs! crab scratchin!
Posted: May 20, 2007 7:20 pm

its tommys tavern on Mahattan and green .... i just looked at everything and there is a PA with 2 tables, and a nice big room for bands. . . .
Posted: May 20, 2007 7:43 pm

Posted: May 21, 2007 3:55 am

I've seen bands there before. Todd P. books there sometimes. I saw Shrewsberry play there once.
Posted: May 21, 2007 6:39 am

I'm boycotting Manhattan until it apologizes for all the bitches that hang out there....
Posted: May 21, 2007 11:26 pm

i'll dj.
Posted: May 22, 2007 1:32 am

Arturo has amazing taste.
Posted: May 22, 2007 2:23 am

did i meet todd P?
Posted: May 22, 2007 5:10 am

Yeah...but can he do the TWEAK SCRATCH???
That's where you hook your turn tables up to a Wha Wha Pedal!

FFffFffffFRRRRrrrRRRR-RESH!
Posted: May 22, 2007 9:37 am

True.
Posted: May 22, 2007 4:18 pm

I will Disc Jockey as well as long as there is a protective shield and/or chicken wire around the booth....
Posted: May 22, 2007 5:34 pm

I'm pretty partial to Lost and Found as they have free food all night and pay me tons. It's awesome! Also my schedule just got super fuckin busy as I be hustlin some ass these days. .....
Posted: May 22, 2007 5:47 pm

Well, go ahead and email me.
Posted: Jun 2, 2007 5:30 pm

vcr will play like, anytime. if you want.
Posted: Jun 2, 2007 6:08 pm

Posted: Jun 2, 2007 6:13 pm

Any of you fcukheads going to see Roky Erickson today?

By the way, I've got a weekly DJ gig on Sunday now. At The Charleston @ North 7th and Bedford. Starts around 10 PM. Possible occasional Mike SNiper and others appearances.

They've got food and pool. Should get some pinball.
Posted: Jun 2, 2007 7:02 pm

think so. been spring cleaning all fucking day. looking really goddamn swanky in the apt right now. hopefully we'll make it down, but feeling pretty wiped out. pretty sure i shouldn't miss this shit though.

gaylick.
Posted: Jun 2, 2007 8:11 pm

Yep. I think so. Two free tickets per person will be distributed at the Castle on a first-come, first-served basis starting at 5:00pm on the day of the show.

RAIN LOCATION: Michael Schimmel Center for the Arts at Pace University, Spruce Street entrance.
(that's on the southeast side of City Hall Park, FYI)

I'm getting in line at castle clinton at 5 or so, I guess.
Posted: Jun 2, 2007 8:29 pm

Heloooooo alix
Posted: Jun 3, 2007 12:46 am

shit! i just got back from a 12 hour work day in CT. what time does the roky show start? did i already miss it. i'm on the bike in one second for this shit if i didn't miss it already
Posted: Jun 3, 2007 12:51 am

You missed it and so did I. About to start but ya had to get ticks at 5 PM. I am very tired.
Posted: Jun 3, 2007 1:01 am

FUCK. i totally forgot about it too. i'm so bummed. i thought it was a free thing in the park?
Posted: Jun 3, 2007 1:51 am

after a massive apt overhaul, i ate some watermelon, then sliced up a bunch of tomatos and moosarella and bread, tore up a bunch of basil, poured some olive oil and balsamic in some littles tiny bowls and and am now waiting for my bro to show up with wine and maybe some prosciutto. gonna enjoy this mad pad and some yummers and libations, records and maybe the Texas Chain Saw Massacre: The Beginning. socializing in the flesh is for losers.
Posted: Jun 3, 2007 2:24 am

It was free. But there's limited space at that park, so you had to show up early and get tickets. Ethan said he wasn't playing with the Explosives so maybe it wasn't gonna be as good. I shoulda gone though. I'm having trouble leaving my house. We hooked up the AC and weed is my only friend right now. Maybe ever. We'll see if the urge for whiskey outweighs shut-inhood.
Posted: Jun 3, 2007 8:11 am

Didn't know of it soon enough. It was a hot and humid as hell day. Sticky mess to see a live out-door show.
Posted: Jun 3, 2007 3:40 pm

the show was lovely. and his band sounded good. and the setting was quite lovely too.

the opening act, however, needed a thesaurus and a big bump of blow. that shit was boring. worse than boring: it was distracting with its badness. but goddamn their cello player was a fine dark-haired looking fellow! cello players, hmmm....
Posted: Jun 3, 2007 4:55 pm

the show was lovely. and his band sounded good. and the setting was quite lovely too.

the opening act, however, needed a thesaurus and a big bump of blow. that shit was boring. worse than boring: it was distracting with its badness. but goddamn their cello player was a fine dark-haired looking fellow! cello players, hmmm....

What she said! The string section was the best thing about the first band. That says it all, I think. I really wanted the singer to shut up.

I got there at 5:30 or so and had some drama because the tickets had all been given out already and then found out that a security guard had some extras, so I went and got one and it was cool. Ran into a bunch of friends from the old days, which was pretty cool.
Posted: Jun 3, 2007 5:12 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

i'm still drunk from last night.

party dudes.

insanely killer psychedelic bossa and go-go records all from Brazil except for that Nino Ferrer and the Jacques Dutronc single. Don't even know why he brought Dutronc. Doesn't everybody have that? They should. Can be bought for $5 pretty easily.
Posted: Jun 3, 2007 5:16 pm

And Roky's voice was really all there - great sounding and hit the screams on you're gonna miss me.
Posted: Jun 3, 2007 5:16 pm

The Roky show kicked ass! I took a couple pics with Goner Reah's camera. I'll post 'em soon. What a fun show. Crowded but not too bad. I got there at 5 and still got seats!
Posted: Jun 3, 2007 8:28 pm

Fuck.

I sat at home w/ me bong and watched

'Three Days of the Condor'

'Minority Report' (tv)

'The Big Sleep' (Bogie-call).
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®