Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / The Jesus Lizard toughing in out
Posted: May 11, 2007 8:03 pm

My bud Murph dug this up. Mutherfucker gets hit in the head with a bottle and shakes it off. Most bands today woulda ran off the stage crying and the night woulda been over. I ain't the biggest Jesus Lizard fan, but this is commendable.

Posted: May 11, 2007 8:10 pm

Seen this. Yow is the fuckin man. Anyone heard Qui?
Posted: May 11, 2007 8:12 pm

Saw the jesus lizard twice both times mutherfucker pulled his cock out of his pants.
Posted: May 11, 2007 8:18 pm

tight n' shiny
Posted: May 11, 2007 8:27 pm

gee, who woulda thought that there'd be dickheads in Dallas?

Jesus Lizard ruled it.
Posted: May 11, 2007 8:33 pm

Anyone heard Qui?

they're playing the scene bar here in L.A. next week.

I'm sure there will be reports
Posted: May 11, 2007 8:55 pm

Yow is a fucking madman. Certifiable even!

Scratch Acid por vida!
Posted: May 11, 2007 9:01 pm

Scratch Acid por vida!

Hell Yeah!
Posted: May 11, 2007 9:08 pm

I kind of remember him fucking his head up in '93 or '94 when they played the Daisy in Memphis. Could be wrong...
Posted: May 11, 2007 9:09 pm

gee, who woulda thought that there'd be dickheads in Dallas?

Ha Ha Ha!

My friend told me that Yow once stood directly in front of Danzig at a Misfits show with his hair pulled down the center of his face saying over and over again...."am I scary? am I scary?"
Posted: May 11, 2007 10:26 pm

Anyone heard Qui?

durrrrr

www.myspace.com/qui

Upcoming LP on Ipecac.
Posted: May 11, 2007 10:34 pm

My friend, ex military, carried Yow on his back for most of a song at the New Daisy in memphis, then, to thank him Yow gave him a big smooch on the lips. That show Yow also whipped a bottle from the stage all the way back into a trash can near the soundboard- AMAZING.
Posted: May 11, 2007 10:56 pm

awesome. "get this side too."
Posted: May 12, 2007 2:08 am

The one time I saw JL I was standing in front and as soon as Yow came onstage he grabbed my jacket and tried pulling me onstage so I socked him in the nuts and he left me alone after that. Got some great pics from that show, too.

-Ryan
Posted: May 12, 2007 4:13 am

love that clip. theres plenty of cocky & fantastic clips of the lizard, they own. Though i am worried that Qui or whatever is gonna blow chunks. scartch acid & jesus lizard = incredible enough to call it quits. though duane dennison put down some licks on the newest silver jews record
Posted: May 12, 2007 4:46 am

If I wasn't spending a bunch of $$$$$ on "new" music that I'm obliged to listen to, I would bust out my Jesus Lizard "Show" lp. Mssr. Yow is a showman...
Posted: May 12, 2007 8:03 am

the whole band was like a better led zep with psychotic lyrics and a frontman with balls out jumpin in the audience the whole time.
'
really, what's a better show?

i seen sun city girls, buttholes, and jesus liz at "peak." didn't see sonic youth throwing amps into the crowd but that sounded pretty solid.

tough to beat.
Posted: May 12, 2007 10:49 am

i was the one raping everybody at woodstock95

i got some alright pics
Posted: May 12, 2007 10:53 am

jesus liz
tough to beat.

Yup. even saw em on the cid. Yup.
Posted: Jun 14, 2009 7:33 pm

The Jesus Lizard kick off tour in Nashville July 14th (i had heard guitar player does session work there- wonder if that is true?). gonna try to go. they were some mighty mofo's. hope they still are
Posted: Jun 14, 2009 7:35 pm

Reports from the set at Primavera sound have been nothing but exalting. (disclaimer: all reports received from superfans)
Posted: Jun 14, 2009 8:05 pm

One of the greatest live bands of all time. PERIOD. and on top of that, the 1st 3 LPs are start to finish perfect.
Posted: Jun 14, 2009 8:07 pm

One of the greatest live bands of all time. PERIOD. and on top of that, the 1st 3 LPs are start to finish perfect.

damn kevin, i totally agree! wanna make out?
Posted: Jun 14, 2009 9:25 pm

Reports from the set at Primavera sound have been nothing but exalting. (disclaimer: all reports received from superfans)

Anyone who wants to hear the complete set can find it at http://wfmu.org/playlists/SZ
Posted: Jun 14, 2009 9:31 pm

i seen sun city girls, buttholes, and jesus liz at "peak."

There was a time in my life when no band could touch The Jesus Lizard or Laughing Hyenas live.

Anyone know when the re-masters are coming out?
Posted: Jun 15, 2009 1:38 am

Anyone know when the re-masters are coming out?

Sept 22nd. Says so on the Touch & Go website. Wonder why T & G is sittin' on this as long as they are? They are playing now & they could be "moving units" now.

http://www.tgrec.com/
Posted: Jun 15, 2009 8:34 am

That show Yow also whipped a bottle from the stage all the way back into a trash can near the soundboard- AMAZING.

I was standing by that trash can!!! That was absolutely incredible. I'll never forget that awesome show....or that throw!
Posted: Jun 15, 2009 9:26 am

I loved Scratch Acid in High School. Jesus lizard was the first band that I forced someone over 21 give me their ID, so I could go see them live (in 1989 or 1990) I played the hell out of that 2nd LP and I love that cover of Sunday you need love.
Sadly, the reunion seattle show is at the capitol hill block party and that is a big drag.

I read David Sims blog once in awhile.

http://davidwmsims.wordpress.com/
Posted: Jun 15, 2009 9:48 am

one of the best rock & roll moments i personally witnessed was a drunk & exhausted david yow stumbling off the stage after an encore, leaving out a front door off the stage at the euclid tavern (clev), sitting for a few seconds on the curb, then lying down in the gutter while a bunch of smoke (or whatever) poured off his sweaty, shirtless torso.
Posted: Jun 15, 2009 10:19 am

I was at that Dallas JL show...great show at the best club Dallas ever had...68 Comeback actually played what I believe was the last show at that club (coulda been the Dirtty 3 though, I went to both and just remember one of the shows being touted as the last for the club) How the Galaxy club stayed open and the Orbit Room closed, Ill never know.
Posted: Jun 15, 2009 12:05 pm

i saw the jesus lizard about 10 times back in the day...there was never a bad show, just degrees of awesomeness...

i happened to be in sacremento the week the lolapalooza tour was in town, and the jesus lizard were the 1st or 2nd band on the bill. my girlfriend and i were like 10 minutes from the "stadium" it was being held.

i was gonna be damned if i didn't see them when i was so close...so we went and checked it out.

as they hit the (massive) stage, we were right up front clapping our asses off....david yow looked us square in the eye and said;

"yeah, like you even know who the FUCK we ARE!!!" and tore into seasick...
Posted: Jun 15, 2009 2:07 pm

saw em in toledo once (The Asylum?) and while yow was surfing the crowd he found an empty spot and fell square on his head. he got up to his knees but couldn't stand right away. his had was bleeding pretty good and in order to stay even up on his knees he used this kid in the crowds belt to hold him up and sang the rest of the song to the kids crotch.
Posted: Jun 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Least favorite band. Ever.
Posted: Jun 15, 2009 2:37 pm

i saw the jesus lizard about 10 times back in the day...there was never a bad show, just degrees of awesomeness...
Posted: Jun 15, 2009 2:39 pm

You must enjoy watching short dudes with their shirts off. Whatever.
Posted: Jun 15, 2009 3:18 pm

yeah, that is what it's all about!
Posted: Jun 15, 2009 3:21 pm

i also like watching old footage of the Stooges.
Posted: Jun 15, 2009 3:51 pm

Least favorite band. Ever.

That is the scent of jealousy.

Are Action Swingers getting back together for All Tomorrow's Parties? Did a pack of 9 Action Swingers 7"s sell out on Record Store Day? Are the remastered reissues of Action Swingers LPs hotly anticipated for later this year?

If the answer to any of these questions is "No", then you are a grumpy record store clerk.

But c'mon, Action Swinger, don't be like that. Cheer up & enjoy life like the rest of us. I still have an autographed John Maine card or an autographed Fernando Martinez card that I am willing to send to you as a goodwill gesture. The John Maine card even has a piece of his rookie jersey incorporated into the card. It might help you forget that Santana's fastball topped out at 89 mph yesterday when he got clobbered by the Yankees.
Posted: Jun 15, 2009 3:51 pm

I like Scratch Acid a lot, but never got into Jesus Lizard.
Posted: Jun 15, 2009 3:52 pm

this stuff never gets old.
Posted: Jun 15, 2009 4:01 pm

I like Jesus Lizard a lot, but never got into Scratch Acid.

I've tried...
Posted: Jun 15, 2009 4:30 pm

No, Gene, the scent of jealousy is you stalking me on the internet trying to get my address, posting my stuff on other websites, having to attack my band because I don't like another band. You should really get professional help, dude.
Posted: Jun 15, 2009 5:16 pm

Gene

I print your name & the Goner board edits it. My name is printed & it stays. Why? No need to hide. Frankly, I've posted my e-mail address several times on this board. Being a good person is still worth something in this world. I dare you to try it.

scent of jealousy is you stalking me

Jealous of what? Being a grumpy record store clerk? Step away from the mirror.

trying to get my address

It just proves a point. You can spew shit pretty good, but if anyone is nice to you, you simply cower.

posting my stuff on other websites

Bold faced lie if there ever was one. You have no evidence of this because I have never done any such thing.

having to attack my band because I don't like another band.

Well, I admit that's like Triumph the Insult Comic Dog making fun of Star Wars fans. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. If you are low on copies of the Primo Scree 7", there's been one sitting in the $1 boxes at Used Kids for years. Be glad to send it to you.

You should really get professional help, dude.

Is this all you got? Bragging about hanging out a CBs when you were 5, talking up all the records you play in your store, & spewing hate in every one of your posts & that is all you got?
Posted: Jun 15, 2009 5:18 pm

Action Swinger, seriously...

Is this about Santana getting roughed up or Castillo dropping a routine pop up?
Posted: Jun 15, 2009 5:44 pm

You are a complete pathological liar. You printed my review of the Hilly memorial on Stonerrock.com. Nothing you say has any credibilty whatsoever because you have been proven to be a liar. Now leave me alone you desperate creep.
Posted: Jun 15, 2009 6:05 pm

You can spew shit pretty good, but if anyone is nice to you, you simply cower.

I say nice things about Ned all the time & he doesn't cower...

I think its great he's back - livens things up around here...
Posted: Jun 15, 2009 7:13 pm

livens things up around here...

testify.
Posted: Jun 16, 2009 1:47 am

Saw them around '96 or so when I was 15. Got kicked in the head by Yow! Great show.
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 11:36 am

That clip is amazing. I like their records, but live? Woah. The one time I saw them was one of the best, if not the best show(s) I ever saw. So intense...

Although, I must say I always hate the bass tone...metal rope...yuck.
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 11:58 am

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®