Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / hey is dee dee home?
nickg
Posted: Jan 19, 2004 8:18 pm

so has anyone seen this movie? apparently the guy who made it was interviewing dee dee for a movie he was doing on johnny thunders back in '92, but they got so much stuff that they made a dee dee movie out of it, too. it was hard to watch the entire thing cause i was in a room full of talking people, but the parts that i did get were very cool. if you love dee dee, it's a must see. if you need a reason to not do heroin, pay attention to the scene at the end with johnny thunders where he looks like he's been dead for 2 weeks. one of the most shocking images i've seen, and i've seen johnny in pretty bad states.
uleeshuh
Posted: Jan 20, 2004 1:22 am

that came out last may, right? i'm waiting for black lodger video to get it in
jonhatesyou
Posted: Jan 20, 2004 1:35 am

Hey Nickg, where did you score your copy?
Valery
Posted: Jan 20, 2004 2:48 am

I got a Bomp email update today and they had it for sale. Check their site:
https://www.bomp.com
Jakey Stiff
Posted: Jan 20, 2004 3:00 am

I heard about this. But what ever happened to the Johnny Thunders flim? I heard there are 3 or more rough cuts each exceeding 3+ hours with interviews from Wanye Kramer ,Dee Dee and others. It was previewed in Toronto (i think) then it vanished. Fuck this vanity project.. where is the thunders flim?
Alex C
Posted: Jan 20, 2004 3:36 am

I thought that this would be about the Puff Daddy to Dee Dee Ramone prank call on the Sultan records comp.
trash
Posted: Jan 20, 2004 3:49 am

I would like to see this footage of Johhny looking like he's been dead for two weeks.
jonhatesyou
Posted: Jan 20, 2004 8:26 am

Hey, thanks Valery
nickg
Posted: Jan 20, 2004 8:21 pm

it actually wasn't my copy, a friend brought it over. all's i know is they ordered it online.

i got this thing that i don't wanna explain cause it's stupid, but because of it, i can't get that picture of johnny thunders out of my head, and it's driving me mental. if you've read "please, kill me" they talk about it at the end of the book, where one of his friends says he looks like he's wearing a green clay mask. it looks worse than i imagined.

Jakey Stiff
Posted: Jan 20, 2004 8:36 pm

Heroin is da bomb.
Andy Kaufman
Posted: Jan 20, 2004 9:20 pm

Really good flick. Saw it a year ago. Short, sweet and unbelievably funny. Also really, really fucking scary at times. Just the sheer desperation conveyed by his stories is unparelled by any non-literary work I've ever witnessed. Way more effective than any anti-Heroin hollywood pap I've ever seen. Poor Dee Dee.
nickg
Posted: Jan 20, 2004 10:32 pm

yeah, it's like "i've been clean 6 months now...and all my other friends are dead." that's quickly followed by the caption saying he was found dead of a heroin overdose 10 years down the road.

but yeah, it's not all sad. i love dee dee. he's gotta be one of the most entertaining people, like, ever. it's a great movie.

Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Jan 20, 2004 10:47 pm

If that keeps you from doing heroin your a pussy.

I'm off for the day, thankyou and goodnight!

Jakey Stiff
Posted: Jan 21, 2004 1:52 am

Hopefully the DVD extras will have some insight into why the fuck he recorded "Standing in the stoplight".

Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Jan 21, 2004 2:17 am

Does anybody know who sang this song:

quote:
Heroin
I'm a heroin geek
I can't get enough
no one track mind
I am out of touch....

They also had a realy cool surf song about surfing in some poluted water...or some shit...and New York City...."New York City's where I call my home, wohohowoho ho"....who did that? Lost the cd a long time ago.

Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Jan 21, 2004 2:19 am

The surf song had some cool line about green titties, or comparing the nucluear conductor cones to titties or something...it was great.
Womb Raider
Posted: Jan 21, 2004 2:30 am

the songs you're talking about are by three separate bands but they're all on some mid 90's flipside compilation that had d-generation, teengenerate and a bunch of shitty bands on it. the surf song is called "nuke beach."
dick
Posted: Jan 21, 2004 2:34 am

how surprising.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Jan 21, 2004 2:41 am

It's not to surprising...that cd was actually realy good....It had Wax on it too.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Jan 21, 2004 2:51 am

I mean anything like that that got put out before say 96...is usually pretty good.....It's when New Bomb Turks nightmare scenerio and NoFX and crap, and The Dropkick Murphys started getting included on everything that they sucked so bad.

I did think they were all done by the same band thow.

Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Jan 21, 2004 2:54 am

It wasn't no Geraldine Fibbers or Morphine...or any shit like that....it was westcoast punk, when it was deacent...the Hellbillys and Psychobillys were on that comp too.
dick
Posted: Jan 21, 2004 3:06 am

sarcasm, shithead!!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®