Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / My Hot Dog Cart...
Posted: May 4, 2007 12:36 am

...will now be a Hot Dog Bar. Restrictions in Tacoma, WA make it lame to operate a cart. You need bathrooms within 200 feet of your cart. SO you have to pay some lame ass downtown business tons of $$$ to use their shitters. I'll just rent my own bathrooms, in my own space, and put a nice long bar right in the middle of that space. Should sign a lease tomorrow or Monday. "The Red Hot" should open late June or Early July, with a grandiose hot dog eating championship. Homemade chili (even a veggie bean chili for the hippies), homemade slaw, and cold as fuck beer.

Joe! I hope the regs are easier in the Dalles! You can come guest weenie-sling sometime!

Haha..."weenie-sling"

ct
Posted: May 4, 2007 3:17 am

Homos.
Posted: May 4, 2007 6:00 pm

Youre just jealous cause I know more about weenies than you do.

DOnt worry, we'll teach you before your big shotgun ceremony! SHould we bring the footlongs, or the cocktail weenies???????
Posted: May 4, 2007 6:08 pm

Chris is this in Tacoma?

post up the info.

I want to spot by the next time we come through town.
Posted: May 4, 2007 6:26 pm

Yeah, post the address!

I'd love to guest sling, and the offer works the other way, too. Not sure how much red tape I'll have to deal with... I'll keep you updated.
Posted: May 4, 2007 6:52 pm

Will there be bean-free all-meat chili?

Chili slaw dogs? Chili cheese slaw dogs?

Tacoma's kinda gay with their food cart rules.
Posted: May 4, 2007 7:19 pm

"Will there be bean-free all-meat chili? "

Is there any other kind? I almost kicked my ol lady out the house first time she said "this is not chili...it has no beans in it" the first night I made chili dogs.
I just have that bean shit for the veggie people, and also to concoct my awesome version of nachos.

I'll post a menu here when all the red tape is gone thru.
Posted: May 4, 2007 7:57 pm

I'm already half-tempted to move to Tacoma for the corned beef hash at Alfred's Cafe. If there's chili-slaw dogs in town too, then damn...
Posted: May 4, 2007 9:33 pm

Alfreds is about to close for a bit, due to the road construction out front. total bummer. supposedly they will reopen, but not sure when this is going down.
Posted: May 4, 2007 9:37 pm

I call my hot dog cart "underwear".
Posted: May 4, 2007 10:40 pm

Get a port-o-potty and pull it behind your cart on a trailer.
Posted: May 5, 2007 1:18 am

city needs a seperate DAILY permit for anything placed on a sidewalk, and then the porta potty also has restrictions about putting it near food. the fucks.

supposedly the city is redoing the regs sometime to make downtown more 'pedestrian friendly'. we're moving ahead with light rail since seattle cant make up its mind what to do. then it'll be hot dog cart time, and i will be the tube steak king of tacoma.
Posted: May 5, 2007 8:51 pm

and i will be the tube steak king of tacoma.

That is quite an honor.
Posted: May 7, 2007 6:13 pm

kind of like Abe Froman
Posted: May 7, 2007 9:14 pm

I used to live by a gas station in Olympia that sold Chili dogs. As God is my witness they had a sign that read:

"Chili Blow-Out! Dog or Bowl."

Even the darkest day would be brightened by seeing that.
Posted: Jun 12, 2007 9:16 pm

So I didnt sign the lease last month, but I did today. Fucking 38 pages of legal insanity. I signed it last week, but my brothers wedding took over all our time. Negotiating sucks, but it's over. I go pick up the keys in an hour.
Posted: Jun 12, 2007 9:24 pm

I go pick up the keys in an hour.

Wooo! Congrats and good luck!
Posted: Jun 13, 2007 12:39 am

cyndi & i are coming down opening night, so keep us posted!!!!
Posted: Jun 13, 2007 10:30 am

Dude, I wanna come down for some dogs too, Mexican Blackbirds reunion rockfest????

Chili, cheese, slaw dogs?????
Posted: Jun 13, 2007 3:49 pm

congrats and GOOD LUCK!

go get 'em!
Posted: Jun 13, 2007 9:01 pm

Put in a Juke Box filled with TOCOMPTON trashcore. You and you're brother are going to do just fine. The real estate in Washington state is going freaking bananas. This area will be the least affected by the "Housing Bubble". Awsome!!
Posted: Jun 14, 2007 6:26 pm

Hey! Need an employee??? I will be in Tacoma, yes, thats right, I will be moving back to Tacoma beginning of Nov. I will be needing a job AND a band. Think about it.
Posted: Jun 14, 2007 9:49 pm

I need an employee, but I need one at the end of July/beginning of August! Move out early and set up the new homestead!

I have 317 band ideas, and all my recording gear is sitting unused mocking me. Gold Teeth record soon...
Posted: Jun 18, 2007 9:27 pm

Sorry, Oct. is best I can do... But if we can use one of your many band ideas, then all will be forgiven!! I am going to LOSE MY FREAKING MIND if I don't play music soon! All I can do is dream...

Oh, and I need a record!
Posted: Jun 30, 2007 7:05 pm

Oh, and I need a record!

Tell me about it.
Posted: Jun 30, 2007 7:53 pm

I need an employee, but I need one at the end of July/beginning of August!

I'd do it!

bigbabybunny
at
hotmail
Posted: Jul 2, 2007 5:05 pm

Tell me about it.

Uh-oh!! jLO found the goner board!!!!
Posted: Jul 2, 2007 5:06 pm

I need an employee, but I need one at the end of July/beginning of August!

I'd do it!

MY JOB! Back off, bitch!
Posted: Aug 18, 2007 1:53 am

are you open yet? PCG wants to stop by for a chili dog this weekend!
Posted: Aug 18, 2007 8:52 am

I opened Wednesday. I've just pulled 3 16 hour shifts in a row. I've sold almost 300 hot dogs in 3 days. Lots of beer, too. I cut off my firt person, a friend. I also had my first throw-out tonight. A 6'8" gay man who seriously wanted to kick my ass . He b-lined the front door straight to the shitter and spent 10 minutes in there. I yelled til he came out and he was none too pleased.

Saturday, open 2pm - midnight.
Posted: Aug 18, 2007 8:53 am

oh yeah, 2914 6th Ave, 98406. On the corner of 6th and Junette, 1 block west of 6th and Pine. Hope to see you there, bring me a cd for the player.

ct
Posted: Aug 20, 2007 11:18 pm

congrats! sorry we didn't make it. the border crossing took a long time and we were mighty hungover and beat so we wanted to rush home. next time we're passing through Tacoma we'll definitely make it happen.
Posted: Aug 20, 2007 11:20 pm

Yeah! Congrats, ct!
Posted: Aug 22, 2007 2:06 pm

Yeah, congrats!! Can't wait- gonna have lots of hot dogs when I get to Tacoma!
Posted: Aug 22, 2007 9:09 pm

I hope your business goes well, but whatever you do, don't throw any sausages in ire.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®