Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / !!!!!!! GAS !!!!!!!
Posted: May 2, 2007 7:51 pm

JESUS!!! $3.25 around here! I can't afford this shit anymore.
Posted: May 2, 2007 8:01 pm

it's $3.41 up the street and thats the cheapest. its supposed to get to the $4-$5 range this summer. fuck. thats so wrong and disgusting.
Posted: May 2, 2007 8:16 pm

Hey, quit yer whining, it's $1.27 per LITRE up here, which works out to $4.33 US per gallon!!!!
Posted: May 2, 2007 8:31 pm

that's gross too!!!!
Posted: May 3, 2007 9:39 pm

Hey, quit yer whining, it's $1.27 per LITRE up here

At least you're getting healthcare out of the deal...
Posted: May 4, 2007 1:26 am

True dat. I wish I lived in Canada. One day...
Posted: May 4, 2007 4:54 am

get fuckin' use to it people. price of gasoline is not going to go down. days of cheap gasoline are over. with that everything else is going to go up in price too. learn to get around without having to rely so much on your stupid-ass gas guzzeling SUV/trendy muscle car.

evolve or perish.
Posted: May 4, 2007 5:28 am

i love my TROOPER!
Posted: May 4, 2007 12:41 pm

One of the reasons I quit my job was the cost of the commute and the huge guilt I began to have knowing I was contributing to all sorts of evil, esp. that of destroying what is left of beauty down here.

I will now be working 10 minutes from home and plan on swiping that Vespa at least every other day from Ryan! It costs $4.50 TO FILL UP and goes for 130 miles!
Posted: May 4, 2007 3:33 pm

i love my TROOPER!

love my PASSPORT!
Posted: May 4, 2007 3:36 pm

I love my Honda Civic. ~30mpg city/~37mpg hghwy. I ride my bike to one of my jobs. Just because the Bush administration ain't doing jack shit about anything, doesn't mean I have to. After all we are at war. I'll make some sacrifices just like Americans did back in WWII...
Posted: May 4, 2007 4:17 pm

I love my Honda Civic

I am not afraid to admit it. I LOVE MY KIA Rio Cinco. That's right. I love it. And it's a Kia.

It goes fast, doesn't guzzle gas, has enough cargo space for hauling gear to gigs and is CUTE!

THIS is what mine looks like except mine is a little battered and has a Goner and WFMU sticker on the back.
Posted: May 4, 2007 4:19 pm

My Civic has 1600cc's of road-ripping madness!!!
Posted: May 4, 2007 4:20 pm

Oh, and gas is a doller cheaper here in Jersey than in NYC. So there!

But I think Bloomberg may ruin shit for me.
Posted: May 4, 2007 4:39 pm | Edited by: Rich Balls

$3.25
in kalamazoo...this is bullshit.
i need to sell my hillbilly truck and get a Geo Metro
Posted: May 4, 2007 5:01 pm

i love my YARIS!!!!!!!
Posted: May 4, 2007 5:23 pm

doller

Crap. Dollar. Dollar. Posting pre-coffee...
Posted: May 4, 2007 5:38 pm

The bullshit gas prices have forced me to start looking at motorcycles on craigslist.
Posted: May 4, 2007 7:56 pm

I am tellling you. I have 9 more months of car payments on the truck and then that thing will sit garaged unless we have to go to the grocery store cos I am buying a Vespa or a motorcycle. I saw a high school girl (no shit) in a pink helmet riding a Harley to school this AM...I was humbled.
Posted: May 4, 2007 7:58 pm

im going to kill myself so i can stop thinking all together.
Posted: May 4, 2007 8:12 pm

Posted: May 4, 2007 8:20 pm

Fuck yeah it is, millionaire!!!
Posted: May 4, 2007 8:26 pm

thats awesome mr t!
Posted: May 4, 2007 8:47 pm

Posted: May 4, 2007 8:49 pm

that is amazing Mr. T
Posted: May 4, 2007 9:20 pm

the CHEAPEST gas around here is $3.56
Posted: May 4, 2007 9:25 pm

thank god I have my trusty Camry...but poor The Driver! What the hell is he going to do with the green demon?
Posted: May 4, 2007 9:28 pm

Where is The Driver, anyway? I miss that dude.
Posted: May 4, 2007 9:47 pm

I haven't heard from him in the last few weeks, and his shiny Volare is sitting in the driveway next door.
Last I heard he has a new sweetie, though...
Posted: May 15, 2007 6:26 am | Edited by: Jack Stands

neat.

Enter your zip code.
Posted: May 15, 2007 10:31 am

Wow, cheapest gas in the city is right up the street from my house! Nice.

-Ryan
Posted: May 15, 2007 4:55 pm | Edited by: Rosemary Rose

Wow, cheapest gas in the city is right up the street from my house!

which gas station, Ryan?!?

nevermind-i used jack's handy gas guide.
Posted: May 15, 2007 5:58 pm

A friend of mine converts cars with diesel engines to burn grease. Old jettas, new jeeps, work trucks, buses, old mercedes, even a tour van for a local band, you name it. Heck, he's working on converting a tractor for an organic farm. A conversion costs around $1000-1500. If you drive 10,000 miles per year and the vehicle get 20 mph, thats 500 gallons, or, assuming $3/gallon, you pay $1500 for gas each year. So, the conversion pays for itself in about year. Pretty sweet.

Most restaurants pay people to dispose of their grease, so they are happy to give away grease to individuals to put in cars, for free. I've always thoughts a van burning grease would be great for touring bands, since gas is one of the largest costs. Heck, it's great for anyone who doesn't mind getting a little grease on their hands every couple weeks. Plus, it pretty cool when your car's tailpipe smell like a chinese buffet.

Of course, you can still put regular diesel in the tank, or E85 or biodiesel.

If anyone is interested, I can give you contact info.
Posted: May 15, 2007 6:32 pm

Fucking killed me when I filled up.
Posted: May 15, 2007 6:39 pm

Just had a $50+ fillup, but NOBODY is going to take my Bonneville away!!!

All y'all drivin' japcrap, i feel sorry for you. You may as well enjoy your ride. and don't give me this 'my honda was made in Spring Hill" stuff. it's a quality 'n comfort difference.

never mind Detroit is flushed
Posted: May 15, 2007 6:53 pm

the last time gas prices took a big jump, united raised the cost of their record pressing. wonder if that's gonna happen again?
Posted: May 16, 2007 3:00 am

Today was my first day at the new gig. 1.5 miles is the new commute. Hell YES! I have a quarter tank; oughta last til Saturday at least.
Posted: May 16, 2007 3:02 am

1.5 miles is the new commute.
You could even take a bicycle there in a post-apocalyptic world if push came to shove...
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®