Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / ladies of the eighties
supertupelo
Posted: Jan 17, 2004 12:27 am

i dont know about anyone else in this bulletin board group, but my city has become 1984 all over again. the striped shirts, white fringed boots with skirts, off the shoulder sweatshirts, bangle bracelets, valley girl attitude chicks are making me sick. every fucking band in this town now has a casio keyboard, checkered motif, teased hair and slip-on vans. i like this stuff, but i'm swimming in a sea of posers, like fer shure.
Goubler
Posted: Jan 17, 2004 12:32 am

i call it the fire-sale-at-Chess King look...
I gotta jump on this bandwagon and start dressing like Alexander Haig.
trash
Posted: Jan 17, 2004 12:53 am

I got some slip on vans for xmas (i also live on the beach and have a boyfriend that surfs.. im pretty sure there aren't many waves in mississippi).. but that shit better not become the new cool trend cause those are the only shoes I got that arent falling apart yet.
supertupelo
Posted: Jan 17, 2004 12:56 am

they've become a HUGE trend in my town and soon to hit the shores of Natchez and Hattiesburg Mississippi!
MBA
Posted: Jan 17, 2004 1:16 am

For a totally 80s analogy, it's like Sisters of Mercy said "I Don't Exist When You Don't See Me". Plato's concept of Forms...ignore them and they won't bother you. That's how even though i've seen them before it gives me great pleasure to think there is no such thing as the Epoxies.
peepstemple
Posted: Jan 17, 2004 1:46 am

your a little behind bra this shit has been goimg on for at lest 2-3 years.
Human Garbage Disposal
Posted: Jan 17, 2004 1:51 am

Now don't go bringin' the 'Poxes into this!They came from humble shit-rock roots and legit had no idea this schtick of theirs would fester into a dumbass trend (I'll take a bullet for my fellow Silver Kings,even if we don't play together anymore!)!

Now Electroclash,there's the REAL enemy...blame Larry Tee,then hang him from his ironically worn leg warmers!

(NOTE: Human Garbage Disposal does not advocate the wearing of leg warmers on any level or their use as weaponry.Thank you.)

supertupelo
Posted: Jan 17, 2004 2:09 am

the epoxies, glass candy and the shattered theatre, chicks on speed, the moving units, erase eratta, dance disaster movement, hot tramps, the faint and the rapture all should be held accountable (!!!) -- funny, cause the rapture used to play spaceland as a LA based goth punk band. they added a drum machine, keyboard and a couple of robotic dance moves, now they're electroclash? go figure. now the BOSS MARTIANS have given into the electro scene.
joe danger
Posted: Jan 17, 2004 3:37 am

seems like half the bands you mentioned are from portland. i guess i should get a pair of wraparound shades and a fuckin' members only...
supertupelo
Posted: Jan 17, 2004 4:49 am

the only thing good comin' straight outta portland is Tough Love & the Bella Nasti -- wink, wink
fierydrunk
Posted: Jan 17, 2004 6:38 am

Now I know who you are supertupelo, wink wink!
Tough Love & the Bellanasti...hated in the nation!
joe danger
Posted: Jan 17, 2004 7:55 am

i don't know who you are. i feel like the guy who can't figure out the drinking game.
peepstemple
Posted: Jan 17, 2004 7:57 am

erase errata have nothing to do with this electro scene dipshit. They are just noise not tied in to any fucking scene they wear jeans and t-shirts on stage now to avoid the 80's thing and sorry joe the epoxies are pure chez.And it is sad that their gimmick is old after one album
supertupelo
Posted: Jan 17, 2004 10:32 am

dipshit peepstemple? and who are you? brian fuckin eno? loser...
peepstemple
Posted: Jan 17, 2004 11:47 am

yeah sorry got a bit harsh bra
Brian Eno
Posted: Jan 17, 2004 4:53 pm

Keep quiet dipshit.
trash
Posted: Jan 17, 2004 5:54 pm

i dunno... i think jay was pretty right on with that comment.
uleeshuh
Posted: Jan 17, 2004 8:33 pm

I don't have a problem with the 'poxies as people, but it's hard to be convinced they came from rock roots when they stood us up in Memphis on two occaisions. Not very rock n roll...the show must go on.
supertupelo
Posted: Jan 17, 2004 9:23 pm

stood you up uleeshuh? better take that up with their booker Toast. nothing worse than having a booked show and a band decides not to show up
ScottTub
Posted: Jan 17, 2004 11:42 pm

Did somebody say ladies?
Human Garbage Disposal
Posted: Jan 18, 2004 1:01 am

Supertoop,the Epoxies are NOT even affiliated w/any of the other bands you mentioned! Those other groups have some lineage to the K records/Kill Rock Stars Except For Our Friends contingent,wheras the 'Poxers come straight from the PDX mid-late 90s Punk Rocka scene.Their whole m.o. for existence when they started was to do something different from the fake-"White Trash" Cowboy hat wearin'Bar Band/Rawk stoopidity that was the style at the time!

I know this is neither here nor there for most of you,but in Portland these Krewes are mutually exclusive and pretty much DON'T hang out together! Editorializing aside,that's just how it is here! "Chez" or not,i know that those folks developed their thing completely isolated from those other groups,so i gotta fire back when my fellow Silver Kings are bein' besmerched,even if the results may vary.Just don't get started on Bier Gut...

Human Garbage Disposal
Posted: Jan 18, 2004 1:06 am

That does suck that they no-showed Memphis twice! It's gotta be a booking SNAFU though-that's not like them,definitely not like the guitarist(disclousure ensues)!

Epoxies Bashing... The Easiest Game In Sport.

Mr Blvd
Posted: Jan 18, 2004 1:19 am

the keyboardist for the Epoxies played guitar in the Automatics(who werent that good). so i guess he was some "rock cred" whatever that means.

the whole electronic scene suck, but even worse is the whole noise scene...which is totally grating.

Human Garbage Disposal
Posted: Jan 18, 2004 1:34 am

More importantly,he was in the mighty Stompchicken!

Just wanted to clear up that while i don't think Glass Candy and their PDX ilk are any less coming from Punk or Rock roots,i just don't recall seeing them at any Naked Violence or Statch And the Rapes shows at EJs back in '96,ifyaknowwhatimean...

One last word on why i think 'Lectroclash is the Ultimate Evil:why is it when some hot chickee in "Let's Get Physical" togs lip syncing Loverboy is considered a Radical New Movement but when i do it it's just called Karaoke? Waaah!...

razor a go go
Posted: Jan 18, 2004 1:55 am

they stood us up in louisville too! i didn't find out they weren't playing until the weekend before, when i got a flyer for their show in cincinnati, which was the same date. i think our drummer had some miscommunication w/ toast, though, so i don't hold it against them.
joe danger
Posted: Jan 18, 2004 4:41 am

toast also messed up a show for my old band.
dutch hercules
Posted: Jan 18, 2004 10:16 am

ive hung out with the epoxies when they came to my lil city, they were stayin at the guys house who books shows at the venue they were at, he was tryin to be all super cool host n shit but i remember him specificaly telling them to take off their shoes! i felt so uncomfortable, that i had to leave, and felt kinda bad for em, cuz this guy is an anal retentive fool.
nickg
Posted: Jan 18, 2004 9:38 pm

atlanta had lots of 80s-lookin' girls. i'm not sure why people are bothered, i think it's hottt. maybe people are silly or stupid or dumb, but it doesn't mean i ain't gonna look at 'em.
trash
Posted: Jan 18, 2004 9:41 pm

didn't the epoxies stand up both memphis shows cause they had stomach aches? ha..
The CEO
Posted: Jan 18, 2004 10:45 pm

Make it happen.
joe danger
Posted: Jan 18, 2004 11:52 pm

it reminds me of the cafeteria scene in fast times at ridgemont high- " seems like a few girls at ridgemont have developed the pat benetar look..."
uleeshuh
Posted: Jan 19, 2004 1:03 am

well really the first show the guitar player was sick and so they got up and did 4 songs as a two-piece, a keyboard and "Roxy" (?!) sang "synthesized". The audience was really annoyed. I advised them to go ahead and play and let their sick guitar player just plug in and sit by the stage and try to make it through 8 or so songs but they wouldn't have it. They'd had auto troubles that day, and the next time they had van troubles like 3 days ahead of their date in Memphis but went ahead and cancelled Memphis anyways.
supertupelo
Posted: Jan 20, 2004 6:45 am

"no shirt, no shoes, no dice"
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®