Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / One Stop shopping at Sharon's!
eric o
Posted: Jan 9, 2004 9:49 pm

38-Special, 45 RPM Record, "Rockin' Into The Night" 3 min. 47 sec, and "Robin Hood" 4 min. 40 sec.  A & M Records - stereo 2205-S, produced and engineered by Rodney Mills, 1979, A & M Records, Inc.  Has a few scratches.  Rockin' Into The Night (Jim Peterick - Frank Sullivan - Garry Smith) (from the A & M Album Rockin' Into the Night SP-4782) W.B. Music Corp (ASCAP) Fitest Music/Saber Tooth Music (BMI) (2205-A).  Robin Hood (Don Barnes - Jeff Carlisi) (from the A & M Album Rockin' Into the Night SP 4782) Yo' Mama's Music Ltd. (ASCAP). $35

Joe Walsh Record Album, "But Seriously Folks".  Red and white check inner cover, thick fold out other jacket.  Record and jacket is in good condition with no scratches.  Stereo 1978 by Asylum Records 6E-141-A&B (PRCW)  Songs:  Over and Over, Second Hand Store, Indian Summer, At the Station, Tomorrow, Theme from Boat Wierdos, Life's Been Good, Inner Tube. $25

Bob Segar Record Album - The Silver Bullet Band by Capitol Records, 1978, "Stranger In Town".  Good condition, jacket is a little worn.  SW-11698 and SW1-11698.  Songs:  Hollywood Nights, Still the Same, Old Time Roc, 'N'Roll, Till it Shines, Feel Like a Number, Ain't Got No Money, We've Got Tonite, Brave Strangers, The Famous Final Scene. $25

more deals (and pictures!) at http://sharon-parker.com/records.html

michael bateman
Posted: Jan 9, 2004 10:05 pm

I'll trade my ShitDogs 45 for that 38 Special.
eric o
Posted: Jan 9, 2004 10:21 pm

she might go for it, since the 38 Special record "has a few scratches."
razor a go go
Posted: Jan 9, 2004 10:26 pm

I keep hearing about an a capella Joe Walsh coverband called Tower Of Quality? Anyone?
Andrew Earles
Posted: Jan 9, 2004 10:42 pm

Wow, to live under the illusion that you're about to become a millionare every time you flip through a tattered thrift shop record bin. A good example of a favorite record store idiot...."But it's a record! They don't make 'em anymore, it must be worth something?!?!?"
Andrew Earles
Posted: Jan 9, 2004 11:08 pm

or a millionaire
Goubler
Posted: Jan 10, 2004 12:02 am

i love being in a record store when some dufus drives in from the suburbs with 100 pounds of his mom's old records, and he's offered 5 bucks for the whole lot.
Chris O
Posted: Jan 10, 2004 12:38 am

the real deals are on her cassettes:

-Yes! You Can Stop Smoking, 45 min.
-Do You Have a Drinking Problem? 15 min.
-Pain to Peace, 45 min.

$10 each or all 3 for $25

razor a go go
Posted: Jan 10, 2004 12:44 am

I bet those tapes would sell like hotcakes in a vintage store, much like the trucker hats of yore.
schmatt
Posted: Jan 10, 2004 12:44 am

I've got dibs on that Olivia Newton-Jphn record for a mere $25.
schmatt
Posted: Jan 10, 2004 12:53 am

check out the album covers, she's selling stuff like 38 Special and the like for $10 for the cover or the liner. Now that is a fine collector's investment.
Uncle Dan
Posted: Jan 10, 2004 2:14 am

I was helping out the local record store guy for awhile after I graduated from college. One day, this guy comes in all wide eyed saying he has the rarest record ever and that he wants $5000 for it. I'll never forget that dude saying "this is the rarest Led Zeppelin record ever--it was put out before they were called that; when they were just 'Led Zep!!!'" It was some crappy bootleg that was so whipped it looked like someone had dropped it on the pavement, stood on the damn thing, and spun. We laughed for a month straight after that scene. The poor guy sure was dumbfounded when the $5000 didn't get coughed up.
trashcanblackbird
Posted: Jan 10, 2004 7:18 am

" The poor guy sure was dumbfounded when the $5000 didn't get coughed up."

i wonder what HE payed for it?????

ct

Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Jan 10, 2004 5:28 pm

I like people who listen to records because you can get them cheap at flea markets, and not for any other reason....My brother in law found the last John Lennon solo album and thougt it was worth hundreds.

Everybody knows that the rarest Led Zep album was the Japanese issue of Led Zeppelin I where they misprented John Bonhams name under Jimmi Page's and visa versa....I last saw it go on EBAY for 700...I think he had it going for 2 months before some schmuck finaly bought it.....

I just thought I'd throw that out for all you collectors scum.....by the way, as far as being a collector, I think all the real money is in 45's... I don't know I'm not a geek.

Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Jan 10, 2004 5:33 pm

It was funny, on that Traveling Collectors show on PBS...they had pristene copy of the Beatles Butcher album cover, estimated at around 25 hundred.....I immediately thoght who gives a fuck, the lady who owned it was pretty happy thow, becuase she bought it at Sears the one day they were ever on the shelf, and she apparently never fuckin listened to it......That's like the best.
Uncle Dan
Posted: Jan 10, 2004 8:40 pm

If memory serves me, the guy had paid $500 for it--he had been convinced that the guy was practically giving it away to him, when he scored it himself.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®