Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Do YOU live in Bellingham , Wa.?
choo choo
Posted: Jan 9, 2004 7:50 pm

me an King Louie are moving to Bellingham in May.Does anyone live there or know something interesting about it?
lacey underwear
Posted: Jan 9, 2004 8:05 pm

This stoner hippie I had a crush on when I was 16 moved to go to school there. I said I'd visit. I never did.
schmatt
Posted: Jan 9, 2004 8:08 pm

The seeds for John Lee malvo's discontent that he sowed all over innocents in gas stations was sown up there in Bellingham, I think. Well, you asked if anyone knew anything interesting. That's borderline interesting.
CAL
Posted: Jan 9, 2004 8:26 pm

I highly recomend not moving there. I grew up in the area.
CAL
Posted: Jan 9, 2004 8:27 pm

Actually, I change my mind. The trees are nice.
Vas
Posted: Jan 10, 2004 10:37 am

Very close to Seattle....There are actually some OK shows that go on there and its the home of Estrus Records ( i cant decide if thats good or bad). Loomis we have work to do.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Jan 10, 2004 5:39 pm

I know it's cold as shit...and King Buzzo moved to L.A....a fact that has always detered me from moving to the pacific northwest.
acmedarling
Posted: Jan 10, 2004 8:11 pm

Hard to find work there...so, unless you have a trustfund or planning to go to U-Dub or Western, make sure you have plenty of money to live on through the winter. Plenty of Hippies and Anarcho-Syndicalists to keep you busy while sitting on the sidewalks. The food bank offers mostly organic food, if you get hungry.
Its beautiful, for sure, and just a short ferry ride away from the San Juan Islands.
Cool Spots: The Horseshoe Lounge. The waterfall under the bridge. B-52 tavern, of course. Mt. Baker hot springs. The punk rock mexican food joint. One record shop in town on Railroad Ave. (From what I remember of a few years ago).
choo choo
Posted: Jan 20, 2004 8:04 pm

I'm going to try and move to bellingham, but I'll probably end up in North Seattle... Are there more jobs in the northwest than there was a couple years ago? Portland is where I was, and It was really suffering. I was on welfare.
acmedarling
Posted: Jan 20, 2004 8:12 pm

I lived in B'Ham a few years ago, and the pop was only about 50,000......mostly college kids and rich folks. But plenty of people live under the radar, and unfortunately on welfare.
I had nop problem finding work in Portland, but it definitely comes down to who you know and who you blow.
Seattle and Tacoma are cestpools in my opinion.
oh yeah, its the 3-B tavern, not the B-52---whoops.
fierydrunk
Posted: Jan 20, 2004 8:35 pm

It is a bit better, at least in Portland. It is nothing like the low point of a year ago when no one could get a job, even in shitty restaurants. But Bellingham is smaller and I have no idea what it is like up there for work...
supertupelo
Posted: Jan 21, 2004 12:51 am

bellingham = college town, canadian border, estrus records and death cab for cutie (lame ass band)
Pear
Posted: Jan 21, 2004 2:26 am

Good god, if you're ready to hibernate move there, otherwise just visit.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®