Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Why, I rather enjoyed "Oldboy"........
Posted: Apr 19, 2007 4:19 am

Posted: Apr 19, 2007 4:37 am

I've never seen it, and now I'm scared to.
Posted: Apr 19, 2007 4:39 am

It's pretty rad.....violent, yes....but cool.......I didn't want to kill a bunch of people after watching it either......
Posted: Apr 19, 2007 4:45 am

More "funny", less truly frigtening. I mean, it is so over the top it is ridiculous. Entertaining...I can see how some nutjob with a persecution complex took it realllllly seriously though.
Posted: Apr 19, 2007 4:49 am

The climax of the film was disturbing. I didn't really like most of it.
Posted: Apr 19, 2007 4:55 am

yes...disturbing is a good word for it......
Posted: Apr 19, 2007 5:08 am

I don't even remember the climax of it, so that was the impact on me. Not really my thing to begin with, really.
Posted: Apr 19, 2007 4:45 pm

I was in an Miss. pawn/gunshop yesterday. I walked in right as i heard the gun shop clerk tell somebody "I'm gonna go all Virginia Tech on your ass." the south. wow.

Man, I loved Old Boy and Symp. for Mr. V. Still haven't seen Lady V. yet.
Posted: Apr 19, 2007 5:14 pm

Right when I saw that picture of him with the hammer I knew Oldboy was gonna come under fire (or that it was involved atleast).

But yeah, I liked all the vengence movies a lot. especially symapthy for mr.

I'd rank them like so...

1. Sympahty for Mr.
2. Lady
3. Oldboy
Posted: Apr 19, 2007 6:34 pm

Mabey his wallpaper drove him insane. I remember everyone in Oldboy had crazy wallpaper.
Posted: Apr 20, 2007 10:33 pm

My ranking:

1. Oldboy
2. Sympathy
3. Lady Vengance

Oldboy was far and above my favorite of the 3.
Posted: Apr 20, 2007 11:36 pm

Seriously isn't that movie so great?I loved it because it messed with me for days. So disturbing indeed. I also recommend the Masters of Horror Episode "Imprint" that Showtime didn't air (see Netflix) directed by Takashi Miike. Actually most anything directed by him is fucked up in a good way like Audition, and Three Extremes (he directed one of the three stories).
Posted: Apr 22, 2007 2:39 pm | Edited by: Matt The Rube

They are now blaming John Woo films because of all the pictures the kid took of himself holding guns. It's really a low blow, blaming a quality South Korean film in which there is one gun and very few actual deaths. I'm living in Korea right now and that psycho was not the least bit Korean (FYI, everyone here loves money AND God.)
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®