Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Ray Davies' wild weekend...
dr1000
Posted: Jan 5, 2004 9:25 pm

Ray got shot in --where else? -- New Orleans-- but was treated and released.
Scant details at:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Music/01/05/davies.shot/index.html
Womb Raider
Posted: Jan 5, 2004 10:50 pm

I love how it's in the "entertainment" section of nola.com, see for yourself:

http://www.nola.com/newsflash/entertainment/index.ssf?/base/entertainment-2/1073325543325242.xml

people getting shot here really doesn't count as news I suppose.

Chris O
Posted: Jan 5, 2004 11:46 pm

you really got me!
moody prick
Posted: Jan 6, 2004 12:06 am

Can we expect a concept record based on Ray's recent stay in New Orleans? Characters with cartoonish names, gangsta rappin' over dixieland breaks?
queenothetwist
Posted: Jan 6, 2004 12:11 am

Still not as bad as Chris Kirkwood getting shot in the stomach...

Ouch

Womb Raider
Posted: Jan 6, 2004 12:31 am

Here is the N.O.P.D. press report from which all this hoopla was born:

http://www.new-orleans.la.us/home/nopd/press.php?page=Articles/PR-0401-005.html

And more N.O.P.D. genius:

50 people arrested for DWI (out of what, 50,000 drunk drivers?) in the past 5 days: http://www.new-orleans.la.us/home/nopd/press.php?page=Articles/PR-0401-007.html

Results of New Year's Eve Falling Bullets Campaign (pictures included!)
http://www.new-orleans.la.us/home/nopd/press.php?page=Articles/PR-0312-099.html

Goubler
Posted: Jan 6, 2004 12:40 am

the falling bullets pix should be captioned:"INBREEDING..IT'S JUST NOT FOR WHITE PEOPLE!!"
Goubler
Posted: Jan 6, 2004 12:49 am

looks like they caught Ray's shooter..hopefully,the punk will soon be singing "In The Summertime" with Angola lyrics:...save me, please/..i gotta big fat cellmate trying to rape meeee!!"
eric o
Posted: Jan 6, 2004 12:53 am

Lovely New Orleans:

Citywide Totals
Offense Apr-Jun 2003

Murder 77
Rape 51
Armed Robbery 426

that's a .85 murder a day, about a half a rape a day, and 4.7 armed robberies a day. Donk!

maybe SUPER KINK will save this troubled city with a new, melancholy-tinged, old english style of vigilante justice!

we can only hope!

(if detroit can spare SUPER NAY DOG i'm sure that new orleans could use the help, too)

Goubler
Posted: Jan 6, 2004 1:07 am

NOLA's also the only city without an animal-control unit..explaining the packs of wild dogs roaming the streets, attacking small children with impunity.
a few months before i moved, there was a rabid foaming-at-the-mouth cat in our neighborhood; we called the NOPD, who told us to call the SPCA, who told us that they could give us a trap....ah, new orleans, where the citizenry are entrusted to handle rabid animals.
Goubler
Posted: Jan 6, 2004 1:09 am

and to anyone who calls me a racist for the 'inbreeding' joke:blow me.
Jakey Stiff
Posted: Jan 6, 2004 4:05 am

RACIST.

those are some stunning men.

Chris O
Posted: Jan 6, 2004 4:35 am

Jarnell Sanders in the falling bullets pictures looks just like Charles Barkley.
Womb Raider
Posted: Jan 6, 2004 4:43 am

Garnell Guion (2nd picture in the falling bullets story) lives two blocks from me.
Womb Raider
Posted: Jan 6, 2004 4:43 am

13th fuckin' ward!
Goubler
Posted: Jan 6, 2004 10:06 pm

start blowin',Jakey!!!
fierydrunk
Posted: Jan 6, 2004 10:23 pm

You are so right about the Jarnell-Sir Charles connection...
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Jan 7, 2004 10:22 pm

Fuck Ray Davies....fuckin douche....hermans hermits clone.
fierydrunk
Posted: Jan 7, 2004 10:57 pm

If that absolutely moronic comment was to instigate an argument, well done.

"Herman's Hermits". Jesus H. I challenge ye to a duel on Ray Davies behalf, neophyte.

5thAve
Posted: Jan 8, 2004 12:47 am

the doctor is IN!
moody prick
Posted: Jan 8, 2004 1:32 am

where do I place my bet?
fierydrunk
Posted: Jan 8, 2004 6:24 am

Throw down the cash rightcheer. Virtual cash. I trust my West Memphis-trained shot anyday over this poseur's.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Jan 10, 2004 6:19 pm

I seriously fuckin hate the Kinks.
moody prick
Posted: Jan 10, 2004 6:42 pm

That's all you got?
Fiery? We may have a mismatch here.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Jan 10, 2004 6:58 pm

What do ya want....I didn't even realize I was chalenged to a dual untill 5 seconds ago.

I like The Beach Boys, alot of other people hate the Beach Boys...Alot of people like the Kinks, I fuckin hate the Kinks, and Ray Davies....it's a simple as that.....

Save the dual and just shoot yourself or whatever....I practice the Andrew Jackson method of dualing....you let them shoot first in haste, and then you steady your aim and fire....chances are that the worst they'll inflict is a body shot....meanwhile you get them right between the eyes.....to much info?

fierydrunk
Posted: Jan 10, 2004 6:59 pm

I know. I've currently placed my gun back in its holster and am enjoying a few bon-bons with this wuss.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Jan 10, 2004 7:01 pm

You enjoy your bon bons baby...you win......when I get home I'll be sipping gentleman jack and relaxing in the glow of your percieved victory...
fierydrunk
Posted: Jan 10, 2004 7:04 pm

"Perceived", mais non!!!!

These bon-bons GOOD, huh, honeypie?

Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Jan 10, 2004 7:07 pm

I don't speak french.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Jan 10, 2004 8:02 pm

When I listen to The Kinks I hear pop music, like as bad as anything Paul McCartney ever did....I mean Ray Davies is a good song writer, like in all the most stupid and cliche ways....I mean I feel like I'm listening to the 60's version of N'Sync...I just hate it, I hate thier stupid microphone effects on alot of songs too.....I mean it's just pop music and people take it seriously like it's high art....It's just the worst kind of pop music...I like 60's Pop Music, I like Hermans Hermits and The Monkees, I like the irony.....but the Kinks just rub me the wrong way....the Davies are very unique, they had very unique lyrics and song structure as far as rocknroll goes....and sometimes I'm refreshed to hear their songs on oldies radio....but it's not realy the type of unique I'm interested in or fascinated by, and in fact it's a big turn off for me......I'd just assume listen to the Bee Gees........I mean if you wanted some huge ontological explenation for why they suck you aint getting it.....It's a personal thing, like most matters of taste. And for now on, all my criticisms are going to be based on my own personal taste, and I don't feel any need to make anybody else understand, the world can listen and rever whatever crap they want too....always have and always will.
fierydrunk
Posted: Jan 10, 2004 8:11 pm

Honey, will you please go pick us up another box of these delicious candies?

Merci!

dick
Posted: Jan 11, 2004 1:18 am

can someone pee on Chris? he's opened his mouth again.
Scott
Posted: Jan 11, 2004 1:30 am

I don't speak french.
--Talk a Tron

What language do you speak?

Jack White
Posted: Jan 11, 2004 1:57 am

I always figure Ray Davies was the 60's version of me.
schmatt
Posted: Jan 11, 2004 3:05 am

Kinks good..Dr Sardonicus bad
dr1000
Posted: Jan 11, 2004 3:24 am

I'd just assume!
louie
Posted: Jan 11, 2004 4:24 am

what a donk!!! running after the dude like that...idiot
dutch hercules
Posted: Jan 18, 2004 11:19 am

he was shot because the guy who shot him was a die-hard Kinks fan, and he hated the album "Give the people what they want" ok ok i shot him with my .22
it was for gang initiation, and free craw daddy's OH YUMMY.
Jakey Stiff
Posted: Jan 21, 2004 1:50 am

He needs to keep his rock and roll outlaw fantasies on the order side of the ocean where gun laws aren't as lax and where reputed gangsta rappah Soulja Slim wasn't recently murdered.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Jan 21, 2004 1:55 am

Okay this isn't a matter of taste...but how can anybody not be happy about Ray Davies getting shot? It has comedy written all over it. Sha.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Jan 21, 2004 1:56 am

It's like if somebody was to shoot Al Gore or Howard Dean today....I'm sorry but that would be funny.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Jan 21, 2004 1:57 am

a fanatical Al Gore fan...do any exist?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®