Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / where would you go for your honeymoon
Posted: Apr 11, 2007 8:53 pm

I'm getting hitched in Sept. I'm thinking Peru or maybe Vietnam but definatly some place really cheap and not totally americanized yet. Also can't decide between a lazy lay in the sun and get wasted trip or a knarly backpack adventure.....
Posted: Apr 11, 2007 8:54 pm

Croatia.
Posted: Apr 11, 2007 8:55 pm

maybe you should ask your wife to be
Posted: Apr 11, 2007 9:00 pm

maybe you should ask your wife to be

never thought of that, thanks genius.
Posted: Apr 11, 2007 9:07 pm

some place really cheap and not totally americanized yet

daytona?
Posted: Apr 11, 2007 9:14 pm

and not totally americanized yet.

Iraq?
Posted: Apr 11, 2007 9:14 pm

glad to help
Posted: Apr 11, 2007 9:18 pm

Iraq?

Somehow i don't think Theeduchess will go for that one Jappy.
Posted: Apr 11, 2007 9:20 pm

We went to Niagara Falls! we ate our "honeymoon" dinner at Applebee's, went to a wax museum and had a Champagne Jam! It was awesome!
Posted: Apr 11, 2007 9:22 pm

It's you????? OMG!!!! Kimberzilla is getting married????? WOW!!!!
Congratulations, to the both of you!!!!!!

Niagara falls? Niagara falls???

Slowly I turned... step by step... inch by inch...

Yeah, congrats!
Posted: Apr 11, 2007 9:27 pm

Straight to Hell
Posted: Apr 11, 2007 9:35 pm

Thanks.
Posted: Apr 11, 2007 9:42 pm

Fairy Land, since you're both dudes.
Posted: Apr 11, 2007 9:44 pm

Fairy Land, since you're both dudes.

Only if you come too sweetheart.
Posted: Apr 11, 2007 9:47 pm

congrats!
Posted: Apr 11, 2007 9:50 pm

sweetheart.

That's "Mr. Cuddles" to you.
Posted: Apr 11, 2007 10:14 pm

im going to belize next friday for a belated honeymoon. Would have prefered Vietnam. Maybe next year.
Posted: Apr 11, 2007 10:18 pm

we went to alaska. it was breathtaking.
Posted: Apr 11, 2007 10:19 pm

belize

Give Tupac my regards.
Posted: Apr 11, 2007 10:25 pm

we went to alaska. it was breathtaking.

my dad has been all over the world. he said that's the only place he wants to go back to.
Posted: Apr 11, 2007 11:12 pm

we went to memphis. it was awesome.
Posted: Apr 12, 2007 12:17 am

"we went to memphis. it was awesome."

Ditto!
Posted: Apr 12, 2007 1:00 am

my dad has been all over the world. he said that's the only place he wants to go back to.

it was stunning. doug and I spared no expense. we stayed in the middle of these fjords in this hand-hewn lodge built by the most epic moutain man imaginable. fresh seafood every day, sea planes to the other side of the mountains to bear watch, glaciers, mountain goats, eagles galore, moose, sea kayaking, nose-diving propeller planes that terrified me (but didn't bother doug a bit). freezing plunges backed by steaming saunas. cabins. seclusion. absolutely amazing.

and no one around except the mountain man and his wife.

the word is awesome. alaska.
Posted: Apr 12, 2007 1:47 am

sea planes to the other side of the mountains to bear watch, glaciers, mountain goats, eagles galore, moose, sea kayaking, nose-diving propeller planes that terrified me (but didn't bother doug a bit). freezing plunges backed by steaming saunas. cabins. seclusion. absolutely amazing.

seems like you guys did everything but knock boots
Posted: Apr 12, 2007 2:00 am

Keep in mind if you go to Peru, the weather is opposite---so, if its September, it should be decent, i would imagine. also, watch out for mosquitos and bot flies! If I remember correctly, (close friends went over this past summer), Peru is not inexpensive to get there, but i think decently priced when you ARE there.
Posted: Apr 12, 2007 3:09 am

Ireland
Posted: Apr 12, 2007 4:30 am

Peru is not inexpensive to get there

airfare is taken care of, frequent flier miles rule!
Posted: Apr 12, 2007 4:46 am

I would go to Eastern Europe probably, or else maybe Cambodia.
Posted: Apr 12, 2007 4:49 am

Cambodia
where the people there are one!
Posted: Apr 12, 2007 5:08 am

Not anymore. Nothing quite as romantic as the killing fields.
Posted: Apr 12, 2007 5:39 am

I would go to Malaysia; Koala Lampur is the only city in the world with an ancient forest in the middle (surprisingly, most of Malaysia is still forested). You could visit the Petronas towers there (which are the world's tallest twin towers), as well as the beautiful Lake Garden (featuring one of the largest bird parks in Asia!). Weather is always warm, and if you get tired of the city you could visit the great rainforests of Borneo. Besides, Malaysia is the native land of the world's most delicious fruits. On any given day, you could enjoy mangosteen and durian fresh off the tree in any marketplace, go backpacking through the woods in search of wild pedalai, or seek out the elusive pingan on the isle of sarawak - the possibilities are endless. Man, I really need to get to Malaysia...
Posted: Apr 12, 2007 5:44 am

Look at the big brain on Eldys!
Posted: Apr 12, 2007 5:53 am

Dude knows fruits. He is from Miami.
Posted: Apr 12, 2007 6:04 am

India.
Posted: Apr 12, 2007 7:30 am

It's true; I proposed to Cousin Brian and he said yes!!! The main problem now is my touring and his travelling for work. His company is gonna give us TONS of miles so the airfare is no problem, but where? We were both kind of thinking arainforest expedition, but good to hear ideas from y'all. Malaysia is sounding good right about now...but FUCK?!?! Should we try and go to Gonerfest or WHAT?!?!?
Posted: Apr 12, 2007 7:52 am

China!
Posted: Apr 12, 2007 12:39 pm

holy shit, congrats!!
Posted: Apr 12, 2007 2:11 pm

I recomend: http://www.pedroland.com/

Or Branson MO
Posted: Apr 12, 2007 2:15 pm

Bali. Stepped ricefield mountains, ace traditional dances, shadow puppetry, painting, hindu temples, generally a very beautiful and peaceful place.

Cambodia is rough. Amputees everywhere, absolutely mental traffic (more hair-raising than anywhere I've ever been, including Hackney), but you can get cannabis pizza and Angkor Wat is cool. Get a boat along Tonle Sap for an amazing journey through a massive lake.

Kuala Lumpur is fun for a city. The twin towers are amazing, but getting around isn't easy unless you're in a car. It could be shopping heaven or hell, depending on whether or not you like to buy lots of crap.
Posted: Apr 13, 2007 4:04 am | Edited by: bowie

Go to gonerfest! We'll meet up and paaar-tay! Sparks style. (oops, I mean sparks light style.)
Posted: Apr 13, 2007 4:29 am

Portugal is hard to beat, beaches, nice people, ruins, great food and most everybody speaks English. Lisbon is a first class party town but that's not too difficult when all drugs are decriminalized.
Posted: Apr 13, 2007 9:15 am

if you go anywhere outside the USA, your marriage will be tainted with "foreign" forever.
Posted: Apr 13, 2007 9:20 am

I'm thinking Peru

Peru can be modestly nasty. I spent 6 weeks working in Lima in the 90s & a decent toilet was really difficult to find. Co-workers & I left work & went back to our hotel if had to do more than urinate. Also, if you are headed to Lima, you might not want to stray from Miraflores. It's the nice section of Lima. Another thing about South America is that the electricity is 220 volts. If you plug in any appliance from the US that doesn't have a transformer, it'll burn up in seconds. When we got there, our clock radios were smoldering & stinky as soon as we plugged them in.
Posted: Apr 13, 2007 1:27 pm

I edit an overseas property and travel website, and I've just done a news story about a new thing from the Lonely Planet peeps, where you can book over 1,000 places to stay that are personally reviewed and recommended by their guide authors... apparently, a lot of these places ain't been bookable online before, could be worth a look for somewhere original to stay:

www.haystack.lonelyplanet.com
Posted: Apr 13, 2007 2:38 pm

We went to Troncones, Mexico on the Pacific coast, north of Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo. Totally secluded, but gorgeous palapas, surfing beaches, seaside restaurants...it is gorgeous. If you go at the beginning of the off season (early June), you can typically escape the monsoons and enjoy on-season like weather at half the price at the properties. Plus it is even more secluded than normal, muy romantico!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®