Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / where should i move?
Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2
Posted: Apr 13, 2007 4:50 pm

Pistol Pez... you live in Cleveland too? where? I'm in Ohio City near the west side market but i work in shaker heights

i live near west 130th. not quite litte arabia & not quite the west park neighborhood. i know ohio city well, for better or worse.
Posted: Apr 13, 2007 6:05 pm

Hey Eric / heir ick-
I was listening to the CDR of your band that you gave me & my roommate asked me why I was listening to Jane's Addiction.
Posted: Apr 13, 2007 6:08 pm

Thanks though. Just too complicated for me to listen to.
Posted: Apr 13, 2007 6:20 pm

lula, move to chicago!

Crap, not if she's worried about cold or rad weather changes.

but she'd at least be able to find a JOB....

c'mon guys!
move to Chicago!!
Posted: Apr 13, 2007 6:22 pm

Wouldn't want your brain to explode, dude.

Jane's Addiction's a low blow, though.

There was once this band called The Monorchid.........
Posted: Apr 13, 2007 6:25 pm

i live near west 130th. not quite litte arabia & not quite the west park neighborhood. i know ohio city well, for better or worse.

i used to live on w. 133rd.

there is a mini beer/liquor place over that way off lorain called Vinnie's i think. That place is soooooo awesome!

i rollerskate at Halloran Park in the spring and summer usually
Posted: Apr 13, 2007 7:29 pm

lula, move to chicago!

Crap, not if she's worried about cold or rad weather changes.

but she'd at least be able to find a JOB....

I don't mind the weather most of the time, I just think it can have an impact on your mood. I even like cold weather, I'm used to it. It was pretty much just the icing on a fucked up cake this time.

I actually looked at jobs in Chicago today, and there are a ton of jobs both Nick and I are could go for. I mean, a ridiculous amount of potentially good jobs! If you throw in the public transportation, and the AWESOME folks... it could be great! But, I know next to nothing about the neighborhoods/geography, etc.
Posted: Apr 13, 2007 9:15 pm

west 133rd? shiiiiit - i live on berea road.

i'm a beer snob so i know vinnie's well. not the best selection but much better than anything else in the area.

the general area is also great for ethnic food - mexican, middle eastern, vietnamese, etc.

george's restaurant for breakfast every weekend. food on your table so fast it's there before you close your menu.
Posted: Apr 13, 2007 9:20 pm

There's NHL hockey there

Do people go to those games? I know they were considering either selling/moving that franchise or disolving it as it was part of the expansion that has really broken the bank on the NHL.
Posted: Apr 13, 2007 9:34 pm

george's restaurant for breakfast every weekend. food on your table so fast it's there before you close your menu.

i LOVE georges! i saw something very awkward and interesting there late at night!

my ex boyfriend was "unhappy with the service" there and made a big scene so i am afraid to go back but SHIT they had awesome lasagna!

and Luchita's and Pheom Phen is fuckin' rad.

I like Vinnie's cause they have Strongbow.

we used t be neighbors weeeeeird
Posted: Apr 13, 2007 10:22 pm

If it's all about the weather, consider California
Posted: Apr 13, 2007 10:29 pm

If it's all about the weather, consider California

My thoughts exactly! I'm moving to San Francisco next month, partly for that reason. New York is an amazing place to live and it's gonna be hard to leave, but nice weather year round is too fucking good.
Posted: Apr 13, 2007 10:50 pm

I actually looked at jobs in Chicago today, and there are a ton of jobs both Nick and I are could go for. I mean, a ridiculous amount of potentially good jobs! If you throw in the public transportation, and the AWESOME folks... it could be great! But, I know next to nothing about the neighborhoods/geography, etc.

one great thing is that you know people with a REALLY HUGE apartment that would love to have you stay with them while you get your feet on the ground!
Posted: Apr 13, 2007 10:52 pm

one great thing is that you know people with a REALLY HUGE apartment that would love to have you stay with them while you get your feet on the ground!

That's so sweet of you to speak on Kevin's behalf.
Posted: Apr 16, 2007 3:22 pm

You two are the greatest! When are you visiting Westerville again, huh?
Posted: Apr 16, 2007 7:08 pm

Ramonatalie:

Steve's Lunch.

I hope you are going there on a semi-regular basis.

Phnom Penh is great, but check out Minh Anh on Detroit and W. 50ish. A lot closer and really damn good.
Posted: Jul 1, 2011 5:18 pm

so where did RamoNatalie go??
Posted: Jul 1, 2011 5:51 pm

hahaha! yeah!!!

do YOU know???
Posted: Jul 1, 2011 6:21 pm

looking back at this thread is really funny, cuz me and gay lick Are like best bros.
Posted: Jul 1, 2011 7:44 pm

haha, I forgot about this. Still in Columbus! Eastmoor, represent.

I think it's funny cuz I have given gay lick shit about his Ohio attitude a million times, and mine was all up in this thread.
Posted: Jul 2, 2011 8:37 am

i wish i had the ohio experience.
Posted: Jul 2, 2011 8:43 am

Posted: Jul 2, 2011 12:18 pm

nick and I have been laughing about that for days!!
Posted: Jul 2, 2011 2:41 pm

The best is the follow up story where she got fired from her 2nd grade teaching job!
Posted: Jul 3, 2011 10:12 am

I've been all around the US, like at least 35ish states and most major cities, and I like almost anywhere I go well enough -- except for Atlanta. I just don't get what people see in that city -- it's like one giant suburb with worse traffic. I've only stayed there for maybe 100 hours combined in my life, but I've NEVER seen the appeal. Someone explain?

I just moved to New Orleans and I love it. If I were going to live anywhere else, it'd probably be Memphis.

I liked my time in Philly and it's really affordable, but the people really suck for the most part. Great food though.

My hometown of Richmond, VA, is getting exponentially better in terms of getting bands to play in town, although it's getting worse in almost every other way. Too many 19-year-old nerdy kids moving down from the DC suburbs to go to the university (VCU) and slowly, over the course of four years, turning into crust-bros. It's actually funny to get on Facebook or whatever and watching the transformation through pictures.
Posted: Jul 3, 2011 1:49 pm

follow up story
link please!!
Posted: Jul 7, 2011 9:16 am

Dallas, Texas! ...Best City Ever, Man!
Posted: Jul 7, 2011 1:34 pm | Edited by: tigerblinds

I've hated my city ever since Lydia Lunch dissed us for Spain....but then again I guess that could be considered a diss on every city in the U.S....but still we were the last place she "seriously considered"....I was looking forward to copping feels off of that chubby broad at shows.
Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®