Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / NO REALLY NEW ORLEANS-ANYTHING NEW YEARS EVE!!!
Rattlesnake
Posted: Dec 23, 2003 9:56 pm

So NOT shit is happening here but same ole 300 college freshmen house parties so it appears there are numerous people planning on hitting the road to New Orleans for New Years. What's the coolest thing going on there ...any shows???
Want to avoid the potential frat boy bourbon street nightmare amatuer night FOR SURE!!!! Also suggestions on cheap not already booked hotels that would be safe for chics to stay at? THANKS!
Jason
Posted: Dec 24, 2003 3:52 am

Ain't shit happening here either...
I think the detonations are playing at el matador(in the FQ). 60's dj nite w/ Matty @ the circle bar.
As far as hotels go just check the usual online joints although within the city there's not too many good deals during holidays.
Maybe bateman knows about some other stuff going on.
Monkey
Posted: Dec 24, 2003 7:52 am

Go to the Mid-City bonfire...Orleans Ave. between Carollton & City Park...Every one from the neighborhood brings their x-mas trees to the neutral ground (medians), torch them at midnight along with fireworks in the street for about 30 minutes...then go to the Red Door...at around 2 0r 3 it will be safe to hit the quarter...this will be your best bet for nola drinking in the streets
dr1000
Posted: Dec 24, 2003 5:40 pm

The bonfire is a good time. Plus it's B.Y.O.B.
The Stacks will be doing their (O.K., our) stupid thing at Ernie K-Doe's Mother-In-Law Lounge. Even if you don't like the band the Lounge is a trip.

http://www.k-doe.com
http://www.thestacksnola.com

Rattlesnake
Posted: Dec 24, 2003 9:16 pm

What about parties if there aren't any shows???
Thought maybe somebody mentioned something going on at the Circle Bar? What are you Goners gonna be doing just don't wanna get stuck in wrong place . The whole idea of drivin 9 hours is to party but it won't be much of a party for 4 lovely single ladies if we're toolin thru NO alone. I think actually there might be someone we can crash with , a friend of a friend but I would think it's kinda late in the game to book hotels plus this will definitely be a last minute fly by our sweet asses kinda of a deal. But THANKS!!!!! So Jason are the Hotdawg party pics from MEmphis already gone from the site???
eric o
Posted: Dec 24, 2003 9:47 pm

I bet Fantuzzi will be there! Check out Drum Circle outside of Cafe Brazil, near the Matador.

eric o
Posted: Dec 24, 2003 10:41 pm

Matty's 60s dance party at the Circle will be fun, if Fantuzzi doesn't show up. But there's a good chance he might mistake it as The Drum Circle Bar and take it over with his legion of patchoooooli-scented ragamuffins.

Really, nothing happening in San Antonio? Mexico? anywhere?

Jason
Posted: Dec 24, 2003 10:55 pm

Memphis Hot Dog party pics will never be gone!

Just go to: watchmeeatahotdog.com
and scroll to the bottom and click november and scroll away. All the years entries are still available blogstyle.

Getting all drunk and smoky at the bonfire can be fun. Maybe Kelly will let us have a mod bonfire at the circle.

and speaking of El Matador...Quintron and Miss P. play the last show there on Jan 10th cuz Rio sold it to Harry "Night Court" Anderson. It's gonna be a magic club.
p.s. This is not a joke.

maybe he can make fantuzzi disappear.

jerry
Posted: Dec 24, 2003 11:08 pm

Careful ladies,

I reckon Fantuzzi could charm the pants right off you.

Monkey
Posted: Dec 25, 2003 1:50 am

Jason...aka..."Fake Rocker"
Do the whole city a favor and go drink yer jim beam in florida and dont forget to lose your inhibitions Queer!!!!!!
trash
Posted: Dec 25, 2003 2:31 am

what's wrong with drinkin jim beam in florida?!
we do it pretty well every night.
jason when you coming out here?
Human Garbage Disposal
Posted: Dec 28, 2003 12:37 am

That's got to be the stupidest reason for a club to be shutting down! I hope Night Court spent his last $$$ on buying that place... i'm sure it'll be doing a disappearing trick of its own when it closes down in two months!

Rock n'Roll's the only real magic there is,fool!

(I'm sure he don't read this board but i couldn't resist giving him some "advice"... i hope his baloon animals come to life and kick his ass for this boneheaded move!)

Scott
Posted: Dec 28, 2003 5:46 am

Ya know as long are you loverly young ladies are traveling, there's a great show in Memphis New Years Eve. The Reigning Sound(last show ever?), The Cool Jerks(worst show ever?), and Tough & Lovely are playing at the Hi-Tone. You really should just come to Memphis.
Jason
Posted: Dec 28, 2003 7:24 am

Hey uh Shasta...

I found that shame that you left at my house.

I can mail it to you.

If you need it lemme know.

eric o
Posted: Dec 28, 2003 10:14 am

hmm.
Scott
Posted: Dec 28, 2003 12:03 pm

That's odd because since I left it there I have no shame.
Rattlesnake
Posted: Dec 29, 2003 8:04 am

WEll THanks for all the helpful tips but it looks like we're broke, I'm starting a new job and we're not gonna go anywhere after all. Thanks for the suggestions. Scott, you were totally the best in Memphis and it's actually your turn to come visit austin fool!
The Bonfire sounds actually pretty cool minus ANY drum circle ...sucks about The Matador we hung out there during our last trip. Really the guy from Night Court laaaammmmeeeee! Magic whatever.
Is there a future Persuaders tour in the works? Or are you guys JUST recording?
Anyway hope GONERS everywhere have a kickass, safe New Years's! CHEERS!
Rattlesnake
Posted: Dec 29, 2003 8:04 am

WEll THanks for all the helpful tips but it looks like we're broke, I'm starting a new job and we're not gonna go anywhere after all. Thanks for the suggestions. Scott, you were totally the best in Memphis and it's actually your turn to come visit austin fool!
The Bonfire sounds actually pretty cool minus ANY drum circle ...sucks about The Matador we hung out there during our last trip. Really the guy from Night Court laaaammmmeeeee! Magic whatever.
Is there a future Persuaders tour in the works? Or are you guys JUST recording?
Anyway hope GONERS everywhere have a kickass, safe New Years's! CHEERS!
Memphis Blue
Posted: Dec 29, 2003 5:26 pm

Great band at Checkpoint Charlies on NYE....SOLFIYA
just released a great new cd called HEAVEN SHE RIDES
dr1000
Posted: Dec 30, 2003 2:45 am

That settles it...I'm going to SOLFIYA.
Rattlesnake
Posted: Dec 30, 2003 6:27 am

Ok so we're down to just two of us but I think it's on. Just to get away, do something different...
So we're thinking about leaving tomorrow that puts us in New Orleans Tuesday night anything going on Tuesday? Can you give me actual directions or the info on the bonfire,is it like a neighborhood thing or someone's actual house? still got my NO map.. so we should be able to find it... Anybody? Beuller? Beuller?
Rattlesnake
Posted: Dec 30, 2003 7:04 am

Is Matt from Royal Pendeltons the one DJing at Circle Bar on NEw years? Does anyone have his email?
THANKS...
michael bateman
Posted: Dec 30, 2003 7:55 am

Pendletons' Matt is the same Matt as DJ Matty. I've got his email but probably shouldn't post it here. Email me at clickemyouth@yahoo.com I guess.
Rattlesnake
Posted: Dec 30, 2003 8:16 am

Right on.. thanks... I emailed you.
eric o
Posted: Dec 30, 2003 9:12 am

tip: do whatever bateman tells you to do.
Rattlesnake
Posted: Dec 30, 2003 9:40 am

what exactly does that mean? He knows what the fuck is going on and will tell us where the actual party is or like in a creepy internet way....I'm hoping definitely NOT the later. But so far the goner board has not let us down . When we came to memphis we got hooked up immediately and got everything mapped out w/in thirty minutes of being there ....it was a great weekend by the way!
Rattlesnake
Posted: Dec 30, 2003 9:42 am

man my spelling sucks! thanks alot Alabama public high school ....Latter!!! I meant latter.
chuckvicious
Posted: Dec 30, 2003 2:31 pm

Bateman! Bateman! Listen to Bateman!
Rattlesnake
Posted: Dec 30, 2003 6:46 pm

ok you guys are totally freaking me out now.....and we leave for new orleans in an hour....
Jason
Posted: Dec 30, 2003 6:51 pm

HE IS OUR LEADER.
eric o
Posted: Dec 30, 2003 10:28 pm

if you like MOTO bateman will find you anyway.

but no, not in a creepy way. he just knows what to do. and listening to him allows total avoidance of decision-making, which is especially great during stressful holiday times.

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®