Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Grindhouse
Posted: Apr 7, 2007 2:25 am

Really fun, but they shoulda made a real Machete movie.
Posted: Apr 7, 2007 2:35 am

t-bag for dave b
Posted: Apr 7, 2007 8:38 am

not impressed in the least. fell asleep in the last half(fo reals).
Posted: Apr 7, 2007 9:02 am

first half was great. Second made me want to puke my pants.
Posted: Apr 7, 2007 3:14 pm

kill bill was bore bill for me

and i hate rodriguez's films

no flair, no rhythm
Posted: Apr 7, 2007 3:46 pm

Really, really fun. I liked "Death Proof" more, 'cause the action made up for even the super-extendo periods of blah-blah-blah, sorta like some kung-fu movies I really like.

"Don't" rules.
Posted: Apr 7, 2007 3:49 pm

wanted to go see it last night at the drive-in here but it was cold. probably will go next weekend. i don't think there's any better place to see a movie like this than at the drive-in. beer and corndogs!
Posted: Apr 7, 2007 5:49 pm

Elle, you must be in the Scrogers contingent. We might be planning another outing tonight. I'll check back after I talk to Scott.
Posted: Apr 7, 2007 8:12 pm

Thanksgiving needs to be made into a real movie.
Posted: Apr 7, 2007 8:53 pm

I don't know much about this and I am in no condition to willingly sit in a movie theatre for 3 HOURS, but I heard they are making a real Machete movie...whatever that may mean.
Posted: Apr 8, 2007 2:04 am

Robert Rodriguez' "Planet Terror" was great! Plenty of blood, guts, slime, and zombies! Lots of fun and true to the genre! Rose McGowan looked amazing! She leapfrogged over Christina Ricci in my mental Rolodex I use for...nevermind. I love you Stumpy!

"Death Proof" on the other hand was mind numbingly dull. Imagine having to hang out with your girlfriend while she yammers with her friends for a half an hour. Than you get a decent crash scene. Than it's another half an hour of girl's night out. Torture. Kurt Russell chases two butch women and Rosario Dawson is along for the ride because she is hot. There is a fourth female character who serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever. I enjoyed looking at the Austin scenery and now I know what the Jungle Jill billboard I used to pass on the way to work was all about. But Tarantino basically filmed a cool twenty minute car chase scene and panicked when he realized he needed another hour of footage. Inexcusable laziness on his part. Blah.
Posted: Apr 8, 2007 2:32 am

Whoo Yeah! Going tonight at a theater that serves beer. That's gotta be the only way to sit through three hours. Yeah, they are already committed to the Machete movie too.

P.S. Sorry, Joey P., I saw you this morning at the bus stop and would've stopped but I had a full load and didn't think you'd want to sit on lumber.
Posted: Apr 8, 2007 2:38 am

I hadda work this weekend. Tommy, Scott, holler with Summer Drive-in plans.
Posted: Apr 8, 2007 4:09 am

Whatever, I thought the "Deathproof" half was rad. Kurt Russel is the shit, and those chases were off the hook. "Don't" and "Thanksgiving" were the best trailers.
Posted: Apr 8, 2007 4:35 am

Thanksgiving needs to be made into a real movie.

totally!
Posted: Apr 8, 2007 4:48 am

We're heading over to Studio tomorrow night for this one. Maybe next week at the drive in when it's a little warmer.

In semi related movie news, RUN, don't walk, to see "The Host"
Posted: Apr 8, 2007 6:05 am

Just got back from the 3 hr Tarantino madness.....it freakin rocked! All of it. The mindnumbing girlie film was even worth sitting through, just for the peel-your-face-back crash scene.
Posted: Apr 8, 2007 4:11 pm

The DEath Proof segmet has a lot of scenes shot at my place of work, The Texas Chili Parlor. Tarantino like to hang out their and be abused by the female staff.
Posted: Apr 8, 2007 4:42 pm

I'm Summer Avenue bound tonight. Cold be damned-I'll have beer and wine.
Posted: Apr 8, 2007 5:09 pm | Edited by: tahiti amin

I want to wait till I go to South Florida to see this so I can see it a drive in. I did go and see 300 yesterday though. Manliest movie made in quite some time. you could buttfuck another dude while watching this and still not feel gay.
Posted: Apr 9, 2007 2:39 am

THIS MOVIE FUCKING RULES!

The first "robert" half was funny and brutal
the first half of the "quentin" sucked, but the second half also ruled.

you suck if you didn't like this flick.
Posted: Apr 9, 2007 3:06 am

just for the peel-your-face-back crash scene
the blonde girl that does that KICK ASS stunt was Uma's stunt double on Kill Bill, she really did that shit. (she plays herself in this movie)
Posted: Apr 9, 2007 3:26 am

shot at my place of work,

Should have said, my previous place of work. I'm drunk on food.
Posted: Apr 9, 2007 5:41 am

We just got back. I loved both of 'em. They were fun and I enjoyed Tarantino's dialogue-driven scenes as well as the crashes. I wish I'd never gotten rid of my Plymouth. . .
Posted: Apr 9, 2007 7:31 am

Saw it...it ruled. All the blah-blah in Death Proof was intentional I hear...the old grindhouse movies used to have long-ass boring parts, and Tarantino, shall we say, 'fleshed' his segment out...but yeah, I'm a girl, and don't really enjoy hearing other girls gab it up that much...at least not when it's like the 1st part of Death Proof (with the girls in the bar), but the other group of girls were a bit more interesting. At least they weren't complete bitches to each other, and geeked out on cars and car movies. Oh, and by the way, it's Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, MICK, and Tich. Not Mitch. For that alone, those gals deserved to kick it. Geek girls rule!! (And Terror Planet kicked slimy, biopoisoned zombie ass.)

And what happens to the cheerleader girl? Hmmmm...
Posted: Apr 9, 2007 3:49 pm

Really fun, but they shoulda made a real Machete movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machete_%28film%29
Posted: Apr 9, 2007 4:13 pm

i am dying to see this.

i think rose mcgowan is hot
Posted: Apr 9, 2007 4:15 pm

I know Rose Mcgowan is hot!
Posted: Apr 9, 2007 4:17 pm

yeah, i know it too
Posted: Apr 9, 2007 6:58 pm

I loved it all except for the annoying dialogue through the first 3/4 of the Tarantino movie. It was almost enough to ruin the movie but the final chase scenes made up for it. That shit was so long I missed Easter dinner with the folks. I feel pretty bad about that move. Ugh, I'm an asshole.
Posted: Apr 9, 2007 9:54 pm | Edited by: Miss Faye

Rose McGowan was hotter than hell in Planet Terror. But almost unrecognizable in Death Proof. But maybe I just don't go for hippie chicks!
Posted: Apr 10, 2007 5:46 pm

Posted: Apr 10, 2007 6:07 pm

I had to take a piss between the two films and I couldn't believe all the people who thought that "Grindhouse" was done after "Planet Terror" finished and left the theatre. This lady was scratching her head on the way out going "Are they already playing another movie?!?"
Posted: Apr 12, 2007 12:46 am

saw this with my mom today
and she loved it! me too!
then we went to walmart!
free dickies!
Posted: Apr 12, 2007 1:06 am

If, you are thinking, about going, in the basement.....DON'T! DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T!
Posted: Apr 12, 2007 4:41 am

Loved it. Rose McGowan is super hot, and Death Proof was awesome, I love the Tarantino shit talking dialogues in his movies. Planet Terror was fun and ridiculous. The whole thing is really fun, and every woman in both movies is sexy as hell. (except the zombie mom, she wasn't that sexy)
Posted: Apr 12, 2007 7:35 am

zoe bell was smokin'!
Posted: Apr 12, 2007 4:54 pm

According to imdb, Machete is being made straight to DVD:

Will there be any "GRINDHOUSE" sequels?
Tarantino and Rodriguez have both speculated in recent interviews about the possibility of more 'grindhouse'-style films being made if this one is a smash hit. As a matter of fact, one of the 'fake' trailers, MACHETE starring Mexican character actor Danny Trejo, has already been announced currently being made into production as a straight-to-dvd feature, to be released the same time "Grindhouse" is released on DVD.
Posted: Apr 12, 2007 5:03 pm

according to a news clip i saw, because "grindhouse" didn't do too well opening week, they may split the film into two releases and add deleted scenes to make two full separate movies.
Posted: Apr 12, 2007 5:43 pm

bad, bad idea, to split into two. The concept is ruined and it's alot less fun that way. Hope they don't do that. But of course, since it's Hollywood they probably will.
Posted: Apr 12, 2007 6:13 pm

agreed.
going to see it at the drive in tomorrow night, before/if they decide to do that.
Posted: Apr 12, 2007 7:37 pm

I saw it. Did anyone else think this was really too PC? Watch the "42nd Street Forever" DVDs. The trailers are loaded with jaw-dropping racism and sexism. Planet Terror had good gore but it was such a "wink-wink, isn't this silly" fucking inside joke. I thought the whole thing was kind of pussy. The "Thanksgiving" and "Don't" trailers worked well. Real Grindhouse movies like "Maniac", "Don't Go in the House" or "I Spit on your Grave"... now those flicks actually had "women's" groups protesting them! They weren't considered "hip". People at the time HATED the people that made them. Those movies cost about $75,000 too. I bet that amount of money couldn't even pay for the "Grindhouse" coffee bill. 68 million dollars?!? They could've made 68 movies. At the very least, twenty. I was just hoping for more. Don't tell that all the Grindhouse movies weren't horror movies either. I know that, but these guys advertised this as a horror double feature and that's what I came prepped for.
Posted: Apr 12, 2007 10:48 pm

it was tongue and cheek, and wasn't the "real thing" like "I spit on you r grave" but it wasn't supposed to be. I got what I wanted out of it, and it was exactly what I expected a big budget somehwat hip cheeky take on grindhouse type movies with some hot chicks.
Posted: Apr 13, 2007 12:01 am

wasn't the "real thing" like "I spit on you r grave"

No. Not at all...
When the woman hangs the retard! Wow!
When she cuts the guys dick off in the bathtub!!
Now that's a feminist revenge movie...

it was exactly what I expected a big budget somehwat hip cheeky take on grindhouse type movies

Ok you win... but Q.T. needs to stay behind the camera in the future.
Posted: Apr 13, 2007 3:18 am

but Q.T. needs to stay behind the camera in the future.
Well, maybe you win then
Posted: Apr 13, 2007 8:22 pm

I going back to the Summer Drive-in on Saturday the 14th for more! It's my gal's bithday. Join us.
Posted: Apr 13, 2007 8:24 pm

I going back to the Summer Drive-in on Saturday the 14th for more! It's my gal's bithday. Join us.

what time?
Posted: Apr 13, 2007 8:35 pm

DUSK! Followed by Shirley-time at the Lamplighter.
Posted: Apr 17, 2007 6:32 pm

Saw it on Sunday afternoon and thought it ruled. Like almost everyone else, I hated that one stretch in the Tarantino half because it was boring, but you have to get up and pee at some point anyways. I was very impressed with the stunts in Death Proof, and they redeemed it for me - I had sweaty palms by the end. Planet Terror was my favourite of the two features, and Thanksgiving was probably the best part of the entire movie.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®