Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / As if there weren't enough reasons to dig David Lynch
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 4:16 pm

Posted: Apr 4, 2007 6:26 pm

Posted: Apr 4, 2007 6:48 pm

I snotted all over myself laughing...I expected one of his long endless rants of spacey...........hesitation.......between.............thoughts........ ......haha................that was funny shit.
hookorcrook
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 7:13 pm

second season of Twin Peaks finally came out on dvd yesterday:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000M3439E/ref=reg_hu-wl_mrai-recs/00 2-9555001-5885603
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 7:16 pm

I barely remember that show....I'll have to grab it. The movie named me.
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 7:19 pm

second season of Twin Peaks finally came out on dvd yesterday

yay!!! it's about time... even though the first season is much better, it's annoying having to watch it over and over again, especially since I forget 99% of what happens in season 2.
hookorcrook
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 7:31 pm

it isn't as good but i actually like season 2 just fine. the end kills me, but by that time you're ready to give it a rest for a while and start all over again.
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 7:40 pm

What is the deal with the first season dvd set not including the pilot episode?

first show of the set starts out: "previously on Twin Peaks..."

I never caught it when it first aired, was there a pilot episode?
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 7:44 pm

there is a pilot episode floating around as a bootleg, and also some kind of low-quality asian import version with optional subtitles that can be turned off to view in regular english. I rented it from one of those "alternative" (for lack of a better term) video rental places, but I haven't seen it around besides on the internet for a kajillion dollars.
hookorcrook
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 7:54 pm

i have it on VHS. it's an official release i bought new when it came out.
hookorcrook
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 7:55 pm

actually i take that back, i think it came into the used record store i was working at and i snatched it up there, we bought vhs tapes there too.
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 8:17 pm

has any seen Inland Empire yet?
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 8:21 pm

Seen it!
hookorcrook
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 8:23 pm

yeah. it was really cool. Disturbing, hilarious, nonsensical but fascinating. It has elements of all his other movies, particularly the recent ones. made less sense than anything since Lost Highway, total lynch mindfuck.
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 9:36 pm

has any seen Inland Empire yet?

Hated it!
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 10:18 pm

The first hour and a half was great. From there, it got tiresome.
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 10:20 pm

Seen it!

thanks for going with me!

didn't you fall asleep? I did for a second too but, I liked what I was awake for.
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 10:28 pm

didn't you fall asleep? I did for a second too but, I liked what I was awake for.
Even dead asleep, I understood more of the movie than you did wide awake...
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 10:43 pm

Haha....I read into things too much. I was making up my own plot.
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 11:06 pm

Glad I saw it in the theater, but I don't ever want to watch it again.
Posted: Apr 5, 2007 12:52 am

Me & Laura Palmer have the exact same birthday. Day, month and year. I had "Laura Palmers diary" in Jr High.
Posted: Apr 5, 2007 7:41 am

i look like the girl from eraserhead w/ the blond hair and cheeks like oranges.
Posted: Apr 5, 2007 10:49 am

I thought IE was pretty good. Amazing that he got a 3 hour long movie, half of which doesn't seem to have a plot, on general release. The 'Locomotion' scene was great!
Posted: Apr 5, 2007 3:37 pm

I have the pilot on my external hard drive
Posted: Apr 5, 2007 5:41 pm

Been watching season two. I can't believe this was on network tv. Some parts are truly freaky. End of episode 19, I think (?), with Leland going apeshit. Damn. It does loose steam once Laura's killer is revealed, but up until that it's pretty genius.

Again, I can't believe it was on network tv. 15 years ago, even. In this age of crappy reality shows and American Idol it doesn't even seem possible. It has aged really well, too. Has a timeless feel so you don't get destracted by too many period hairstyles and fashions.
Posted: Apr 5, 2007 8:32 pm

Heck yeah, Schooley. Best show ever, and I think that season two, while truly awful in parts, is picked on too much. Evelyn Marsh and Little Nicky suck, but Owl Cave and Project Blue Book are totally worth it. I learn something new every time. Oh, and the final episode...
Posted: Apr 5, 2007 8:55 pm

Again, I can't believe it was on network tv. 15 years ago, even. In this age of crappy reality shows and American Idol it doesn't even seem possible. It has aged really well, too. Has a timeless feel so you don't get destracted by too many period hairstyles and fashions.

Well a lot of the fashion/hairstyles wasn't even that early 90's

the first season is great...the second season is cool, too, though
Posted: Apr 5, 2007 9:30 pm

for those geeks that care - both seasons 1 and 2 will be released later this year in a "gold" edition which will apparently have lynch brand coffee included...ouch. worked on season 2 discs - if you are a euro wait before picking up season 2 the audio is bad on an episode on the original run.
Posted: Apr 5, 2007 9:35 pm

now that i actually watched that product placement clip - pretty ironic that the upcoming dvd release includes his own java
Posted: Apr 5, 2007 9:52 pm

lynch brand coffee is hardly folgers, jbe.

I think if he was a mainstream filmaker i.e. mel gibson and putting coca cola in his movie then you'd be right on. Can't blame him for liking coffee and wanting his own. I'd buy it and I'm not even a coffee drinker. And I doubt he' put the coffee in his movie but, I guess we'll see with his movies to come.
Posted: Apr 5, 2007 9:55 pm

army - it just reeks of shamless self promotion, you can pick it up on his web site now...
Posted: Apr 5, 2007 10:34 pm

I think second season of Twin peaks is underrated and sort-of unjustly maligned. It's as "good" as first, hellno.
Is it confusing, ripped to shreds, accessing true Surrealism (capital S)? Yup. Do you like magick, astral planes, Masonic power lodges, demons, drugs, sex? Well, I do.
Posted: Apr 5, 2007 10:35 pm

Of course, I am operating on memory here.....
Posted: Apr 5, 2007 10:50 pm

I'd have to say my favorite thing about season two is Heather Graham's stellar acting. Truly wonderful. I really felt for that lost nun.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®