Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / THE SHIELD! NEW SEASON TONIGHT!
Posted: Apr 3, 2007 9:54 pm

Hopefully not the same time as Deadliest Catch...but I got a DVR, sooooo.
Posted: Apr 3, 2007 10:10 pm

i been watching the shield reruns on late night regular tv.... v. addictive.
hookorcrook
Posted: Apr 3, 2007 10:13 pm

FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!! CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best cop show ever after the Wire. OK maybe a tie.
there was a season 6 prequel on the Bonus Disc for the Season 5 dvd, did they ever show that on FX?
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 12:07 am

Not a tie with The Wire in my book...but equally as addictive. This one should be good after Lem dying!!!!
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 12:56 am

They had clips from the end of Season 5 on NPR today and they gave the new season a great review. Got me so psyched! I got DVR just in time!
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 1:02 am

CCH Pounder! and fucking Acevedo, that slimy prick.... can't fucking wait either.
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 1:58 am

Ass-evedo.

'Bottom Bitch' was on the other night.
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 7:32 am

i have to borrow season 1 from the library..
i'm so behind the times..
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 4:00 pm

i been watching the shield reruns on late night regular tv..

Me too.
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 4:52 pm

Last night had me in tears, and my stomach was in knots with anxiety. Best show ever.
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 5:07 pm

I seriously can't think of anything else more emotionally brutal on TV than the Shield. It's a life wrecker of a show.
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 6:19 pm | Edited by: Uptight White

LA has never looked uglier or more dangerous. It's been my favorite current show since it came on. The Wire is excellent and is probably closer to what actual police work is like, but there is something hyper-real and intense about The Shield that makes it more appealing.
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 7:04 pm

Best cop show ever after the Wire.

Homicide.
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 7:06 pm

DO NOT READ THIS POST IF YOU HAVENT SEEN LAST NIGHTS EPISODE. IT HAS SPOILERS....

It was interesting because i had to watch the last couple episodes from season 5 again since Chris missed them while he was on tour. It was almost worse the second time around. the tears were just pouring...there is something about the Shield that is so human. I mean, I guess even re: last night, SPOILER COMING---BE FOREWARNED, when Shane realized that he killed Lem on wrong information...I guess i just never factored that into the mix. I was always thinking about how Shane would just be this complete monster that was on a power trip trying to take control of the team, etc. But to see him just devolving and really, being eaten alive by the guilt, acting so recklessly, and and his own knowledge of what he did....it is really heartwrenching. I am having a hard time seeing anything positive to come of this season. Also, my criticism---I think the fact that they are letting Kavanaugh still work the case is pretty unrealistic. Way too close to home and almost impossible to imagine it not being personal. CAN NOT WAIT til next week!!!
hookorcrook
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 7:29 pm

it does seem unrealistic, and it also seems out of character for him to actually get a witness to lie so egregiously, no matter how personal it is now. god i hate him.
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 7:40 pm

i walked around with season 1 of the wire in my hand last night, but i gotta finish THE CORNER (book) first. was there a CORNER series, too?

book is killer.

i might cheat on the book with some catching up episodes of the Shield, but I don't think so.
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 8:26 pm

Well, Vic did fuck his wife and Kavanaugh is clearly totally off his rocker --a man with a mission. I brought up the same doubts to Chris and he did remind me that Kavanaugh was pretty much introduced as a real straight shooter; a very play-by-the-rules sort of guy. I mean, think of what a cock he was to his wife. Talk about rigid. anyhow, i have a hard time imagining him really getting anywhere legal with this, but I have no doubt he is going to seriously fuck with Mackie til the bitter end. I have no problen believing that bitch CI would lie---what i DO have a problem with is how people actually tend to believe that there is any validity to this---especially the story she gave. HATE HIM TOO!!!!!
hookorcrook
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 10:28 pm

shopfront are you Jami?
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 11:38 pm

Yeah, there was a Corner series and it's really good! It was an HBO mini-series done by the same folks who went on to do the Wire. Definitely check it out when you're done with the book.

What's up with the massive amount of heroin going on in Baltimore? I heard a quote once, maybe from John Waters, that kids get their first shot of dope there from their parents like it's having their first beer.
Posted: Apr 5, 2007 3:43 am

Yes! It's me!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®