Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Keith Richards: "I snorted my father's ashes"
Posted: Apr 3, 2007 9:14 pm

Rolling Stones Keith Richards snorted his father's ashes mixed with cocaine, he tells magazine
Eds: ADDS photo number.
AP Photo NYET134

LONDON Keith Richards has acknowledged consuming a raft of illegal substances in his time, but this may top them all.
In comments published Tuesday, the 63-year-old Rolling Stones guitarist said he had snorted his father's ashes mixed with cocaine.
"The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father," Richards was quoted as saying by British music magazine NME.
"He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared," he said. "... It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive."
Richards' father, Bert, died in 2002, at 84.
Richards, one of rock's legendary wild men, told the magazine that his survival was the result of luck, and advised young musicians against trying to emulate him.
"I did it because that was the way I did it. Now people think it's a way of life," he was quoted as saying.
"I've no pretensions about immortality," he added. "I'm the same as everyone ... just kind of lucky.
"I was No. 1 on the 'who's likely to die' list for 10 years. I mean, I was really disappointed when I fell off the list," Richards said.

On the Net:
Rolling Stones:
http://www.rollingstones.com/home.php
NME:
http://www.nme.com/
Posted: Apr 3, 2007 9:27 pm

That's crazy. I've heard that human ashes are really course, sharp, and rock like.
Posted: Apr 3, 2007 9:33 pm

That's crazy. I've heard that human ashes are really course, sharp, and rock like.

until you crush them up I assume.
Posted: Apr 3, 2007 10:49 pm

That's what you get when you ask Keith Richards a question you really don't want the answer to.

Is that moustache he's sporting a side effect of recreational patriarchial ingestion?
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 12:40 am

stiv bators wanted people to snort his ashes also.
i did not... but some people claim to have done so...
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 12:59 am

who cares
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 1:18 am

on the simpsons the other night, someone was snorting Secretariat's ashes. I'm all about that. Put it in my blood.
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 2:03 am

Secretariat's ashes???
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 2:06 am | Edited by: Rich Balls

I once watched a 6th grade class-mate snort a big line of SMARTYS...you know the little candies. It was awesome!
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 2:08 am

Oh yeah, as far as peeople's ashes go.
I heard a few years back that alot of times the ashes are mixed with other peoples who were cremated (?) around the same time...Anyone know any different
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 2:11 am

I snorted pixy stix like 4 months ago. It burned but, tasted great.
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 2:29 am

dear sock puppet "name dropper,"

yes, i am the asshole pictured here
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 3:32 am

Gee, I didn't know you had a patch over your eye!
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 3:54 am

i'd be down for some Barbaro bumps.
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 4:06 am

pleeze!!
no more pix of keef
only pixs of brian
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 5:35 am | Edited by: deadcityrebel

a friend of mine was cremated and his mother gave out some of his ashes to some of his close friends and they all got tattoos (including his mom) with his ashes mixed in with the ink. i still have mine. i'd rather have the ashes than a tattoo.
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 6:33 am

have a friend who lives above a funeral home and has the run of the place. it's amazing how many ashes are never picked up. if you wanna snort remains, i'll hook you up. paypal will be fine.
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 12:00 pm

My old man wanted to be cremated but my brother wanted him buried. I said do whatcha want, so they cremated him, and a few months later, they had a second funeral and buried his ashes, like he was some sorta vampire! Families are weird... but Keef is possibly weirder...
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 12:01 pm

I mean, bury OR burn, innit? Same as burn or snort, rite?
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 12:27 pm

moustache he's sporting

He looks like Scumfuc era GG Allin in that picture. I didn't think that Richards was doing blow as recently as five years ago and at the advanced age of 58 no less...
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 1:44 pm

Keith is known for his truthfulness in interviews....right.

He's been pulling journo's legs for 40 years....and they keep printing it.
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 2:34 pm

leno mentioned this last night...the punch line was: "what is he on, drugs?"
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 5:35 pm

Holy Smokes!!!
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 5:58 pm

Whether this story is true or not, Keith Richards looks so bad !!!!!!!!!

I dont think the best plastic surgeon can help him
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 6:00 pm

Posted: Apr 4, 2007 6:16 pm

I wonder if snorting someone's ashes makes you absorb the powers and intelligence of the dead person, y'know, kind of like that Syler dude on Heroes.

Maybe that's why Keith's still alive???
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 7:00 pm

"dear sock puppet "name dropper,"

yes, i am the asshole pictured here"

who cares
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 7:13 pm

Keith is known for his truthfulness in interviews....right.

He's been pulling journo's legs for 40 years....and they keep printing it.

Exactly.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6524661.stm

"The truth of the matter is that I planted a sturdy English Oak."

"I took the lid off the box of ashes and he is now growing oak trees and would love me for it!"
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 7:15 pm

Where've you been, Lefty?
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 10:35 pm

who cares

you do! you care enough to send the very best!
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 10:45 pm

I thought you were talking about Leftpeg for a second, TK. Haha.
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 10:55 pm

i luv lefty! and you too arm. how the hell are ya?
Posted: Apr 5, 2007 12:24 am

I'm grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!!! I quit doing drugs and drinking. It's hard but, I feel great. I feel Great!

How you doin?
Posted: Apr 5, 2007 12:28 am

Coincidentally, I was at a bar last night and a really drunk chick said "look at this guys" and pulled something out of her shirt, and spilled something that looked like coke on herself, and so this other girl went to go snort it off the first chicks shirt. Then the chick goes "NO! YOU ARE ABOUT TO SNORT MY MOM!" Turns out she had her moms ashes in a little vial in her shirt. Needless to say, I almost died laughing.
Posted: Apr 5, 2007 12:29 am

You kiddin? that sounds kinda not true.
Posted: Apr 5, 2007 12:31 am

I swear to god, it really happened.
Posted: Apr 5, 2007 12:34 am

I guess I'll beleev you, jeez. Settle down with the god talk. We're all mormon here.
Posted: Apr 5, 2007 12:37 am

We're all mormon here.

is that how you quit doing drugs? hahahaha

arm... everything is peachy keen here in vino country! i am long overdue in visiting la la land of my birth. we still gots to go to roscoe's yo!
Posted: Apr 5, 2007 12:38 am

Sorry. I forgot. Who do you "morons" swear to, anyway?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®