Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Stuff to do/where to stay in Macon, GA?
Posted: Apr 3, 2007 12:47 pm

Looks like Nadia and myself are gonna be splitting our 12-hour Memphis-Savannah roadtrip with a night in Macon, anyone gots any tips? Bars, hotel, restaurant, rekkid & thrift shop recommendations welcome!!!!
Posted: Apr 3, 2007 1:49 pm

you should split it in atlanta. macon's only a little over an hour away.
Posted: Apr 3, 2007 1:52 pm

Didn't fancy dealing with Atlanta's freeway system, but if it's relatively easy to get into/outta/around town, we may do...
Posted: Apr 3, 2007 3:14 pm

In Macon there's a huge avaiation museum, a pinball boutique, and a flea market that are all worth checking out. Don't be afraid of Atlanta, though, you should give us some dates so we can figure out what shows are gonna be happening.
Posted: Apr 3, 2007 4:33 pm

just look for the burning cross. that's where the party is.
Posted: Apr 3, 2007 5:12 pm

Cheers, CreepySexyCool! Well, we'll be passing thru on Monday April 23rd, so let us know! We fly out April 19th...

Actually, we were planning to do our road trip the second week we're over, but I literally just realised that I've booked the Savannah and Athens hotels for the FIRST full week by mistake! Aaargh! However, that DOES mean we'll be in Memphis on the first day of the Memphis In May fest, so we can go see The Stooges/Bobby Bland/Jerry Lee! Yaay!
Posted: Apr 3, 2007 6:11 pm

stay in your car.....and DRIVE!
Posted: Apr 3, 2007 6:19 pm

Macon bacon!
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 9:21 am

Erm, thanks Matto and Bazook...
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 2:20 pm | Edited by: CreepySexyCool

Not much going on on the 23rd, BUT, Mighty Hannibal is doing another show here on the 21st! I hear it's gonna be with his old band, but Trey knows more about that than I do.

Also in Macon, The Georgia Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 2:22 pm

I was born there. However, I have no suggestions.
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 2:51 pm

Poot, will be in Memphis on the 21st...
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 3:43 pm

I think I'll try to find a way up to Memphis for The Stooges and Jerry Lee.

Anyone know how a guy and his girl might get to see The Bar-Kays on Sat. without having to buy a ticket for the whole day?
Posted: Apr 4, 2007 5:03 pm

Macon, GA. carpet outlet?

Yeah, why don't you just stay in Atlanta, the Black Valhalla? Or Athens even?
Posted: Apr 10, 2007 1:50 pm

Hey, anyone know if the record store Real Records is still open, opposite the Georgia Music Hall of Fame?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®