Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Hey Crucialdude: Crucial or Not Crucial?
Page  Page 3 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next »
Posted: Jun 20, 2007 3:44 pm

davidthis thread needs to get back to some crucial punk rockings!

pagans or ramones?
Posted: Jun 20, 2007 4:28 pm

hamilton

jefferson died while raping his slaves

ah yeah, i get my $10s and $20s mixed up
Posted: Jun 20, 2007 4:36 pm

pagans or ramones?

2 of the greatest and i love the fucking pagans but there aint nobody more crucial than the Ramones
and fuck all the johnny ramone haters out there
Posted: Jun 21, 2007 4:53 am

amen.
Posted: Jun 21, 2007 8:19 pm

gatorade or powerade
Posted: Jun 21, 2007 8:38 pm

propel blue
Posted: Jun 21, 2007 8:44 pm

gatorade or powerade

no aids for me please
Posted: Jun 21, 2007 9:52 pm

water moccasins or rattlesnakes?
Posted: Jun 24, 2007 1:51 am

water moccasins or rattlesnakes?
crucialdude, may i have a stab at this one?

being bad asses like they are, rattle snakes don't drop out of trees into your canoe like a water moccasin likes to do. a rattler likes to hide while a water moccasin will chase your ass down a trail.
not to mention the awesome scene in lonesome dove where the irish dude gets his ass handed to him by a band of roving water moccasins during that first river crossing.
i would say that the moc is the more crucial of the two snakes.
Posted: Jun 25, 2007 3:54 pm

yeah, i'll concur with DCR on mocs vs rattlers -- although the rattlesnake is the quintessential scary snake in this country - water moccasins are just more blood-thirsty.
one time when i was in like 3rd grade i was walking along a creek and a water moccasin snapped at me -- lucking he got nothing but jeans -- thank god bell-bottoms were the thing to wear in the 70's -- i remember the jeans then had sweet snake-bite holes by the heel.
Posted: Jul 6, 2007 5:32 am

Mr. CrucialDude: Is the hardcore band 'Deep Wound' any good? I've never heard of them, should I buy this record based on the cover?
Posted: Jul 6, 2007 7:19 pm

Is the hardcore band 'Deep Wound' any good?

yes.
Posted: Jul 9, 2007 1:20 am

Is the hardcore band 'Deep Wound' any good?

sambeaux wouldnt lie about such a thing --
and luckily there are like 24 more reasons to buy that record than just the cover
Posted: Jul 9, 2007 1:26 am

CrucialDude - what's the best thing to sip on a hot day - whiskey or beer? Whiskey is delicious, but it's easy to lose track of how much I've had, which results in a humorous, yet sometimes painful stumble to bed at the end of the night (so I've been told). Beer just seems to make me piss constantly and I end up feeling dehydrated and have a headache the next day.
Posted: Jul 9, 2007 3:17 pm

mtm, this really isnt a 'crucial or not crucial' question but it is a crucial question nonetheless. on a hot day you drink beer - none of that heavy hoppy micro-brew shit (which is fine for a cold day) - but drink some messican shit or standard american piss until the sun goes down -- then start in on the whiskey. hanging outside on a hot day is likely to make you dehydrated and headachey with or without beer so you might as well do it in the company of beer.
Posted: Jul 9, 2007 7:32 pm

crucialdude wouldn't lie about such a thing --
and luckily there are like 24 more reasons to buy a case of beer than just the whiskey
Posted: Jul 13, 2007 7:22 pm

freddy or jason
Posted: Jul 13, 2007 8:32 pm

shit - tuff call but i'm going with jason -- sure freddy got to kill johnny depp and has a scarey appendage and all - but i like the creep 'chk chk chk' jason noise.

anyways - noone asked but here's the most crucial reworking of a news story ever.

1st watch OG news story about a legrecaun in alabama:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nda_OSWeyn8

and then the crucial remix:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bZfyrIPw3wY
Posted: Jul 13, 2007 10:27 pm

Leprechaun or Chucky?
Posted: Jul 16, 2007 5:05 pm

robin williams or jim carey
Posted: Jul 16, 2007 5:05 pm | Edited by: michael baker

Fitzgerald or Hemingway
Posted: Jul 16, 2007 5:06 pm

green acres or bev hillbillies?

godfather one or godfather two

minor threat or bad brains

get to work crucial
Posted: Jul 18, 2007 3:23 pm

Leprechaun or Chucky?

confession, i never saw leprechaun -- need to get to work on that one

Fitzgerald or Hemingway
hemingway

green acres or bev hillbillies
hillbillies

godfather III was on tv last night - i made it thru about 10 minutes --
i'd say godfather one is more crucial but honesty they probably mix together in my memory now

minor threat or bad brains
minor threat knew when to quit so their legacy is unscathed. but the best bad brains is more crucial than any minor threat.
Posted: Jul 18, 2007 6:55 pm

duh. two for sure.
Posted: Jul 18, 2007 7:52 pm

Then I would check out Leprechaun In Da Hood. I think the's the correct title. Carey? I know you've seen it.
Posted: Jul 23, 2007 9:13 pm

a legrecaun in alabama:

"I betchoo it wuz a crackhed, done got holt o' tha wrong stuff, and it had told him to climb a tree and get to playin' a leprakon."
Posted: Aug 19, 2007 8:48 am

has the croosh been wrong yet? what a genius. and that is no joke.

hey croosh: south beach or atkins?

7-layer dip or nachos? neither are diet friendly buy ye must decide my slim friend.
Posted: Aug 19, 2007 8:50 am

another genius: louie.

sleeping aids and razor blades or gypsy switch?

slade or mott the hoople?
Posted: Aug 19, 2007 4:56 pm

slade or mott the hoople?

oooh, tuff call!
Posted: Aug 20, 2007 3:18 pm

hey croosh: south beach or atkins?

who needs a diet book - just put on your Kids record

no more potatoes and no more bread
no more alcohol, orange juice instead

ok wait, nevermind - listen to the first line but the second line will fuck you up - orange juice is too carb heavy - there's fewer carbs in a bloody mary. it'd be tuff to be a belgian on a diet with all that fucking awesome beer and chocolate. Ludo's got the most crucial diet.
but if you have to choose there are more crucial recipes in the South Beach diet.

7-layer dip or nachos? neither are diet friendly buy ye must decide my slim friend.
shit dude, they're both on the 99 cent menu so why i gotta pick just one? uncool - anyways, t.bell rules but their nacos aint nothing special. 7 Layer's where it's at - totally more crucial than their nacos.
Posted: Aug 21, 2007 3:43 am

naco mama!
Posted: Aug 22, 2007 3:45 pm

7 Layer's where it's at
yes, especially if you, like me, like to throw in an eighth layer of fiesta potatoes.
Posted: Sep 4, 2007 10:33 pm

which is more crucial, selling plasma or selling records to pay the utility bill?
Posted: Sep 5, 2007 8:01 pm

dang dude - no competition - selling plasma is totally more crucial than selling records - unlike records it comes back to you and not only do you get the cash you also can get drunk cheaper after giving up that shit - win win
Posted: Sep 5, 2007 8:03 pm

oh and i forgot to answer the mighty turd gurgler

slade is more crucial than mott the hoople
i can see how some people might think otherwise but they are only fooling themselves.
Posted: Sep 5, 2007 8:52 pm

unlike records it comes back to you and not only do you get the cash you also can get drunk cheaper after giving up that shit - win win

i like how you think, crucialdude.
Posted: Oct 1, 2007 7:47 pm

U Got the Look by Prince or that other crappier 80s song that has "U Got the Look" in it?
Posted: Oct 1, 2007 7:56 pm

um, Phil Collins No Jacket Required or Don Henley Building the Perfect Beast?
Posted: Oct 1, 2007 9:38 pm

Cosby doing Huxtable is up in the partheon with Shatner doing Kirk as far as crucal bad acting [b]intonation[/] goes

U Got the Look by Prince is legit crucial action (although not among his most crucial tunes) -- i think that other U Got the Look shit was a Jordache ad?

Phil Collins vs Don Henley does not compute on the crucial meter - although that post has that Mojo Nixon 'don henly must die' song stuck in my head which i'm digging
Posted: Oct 1, 2007 9:49 pm

"Color u peach and black
Color me takin aback
Crucial, I think I wantcha"

yeah yeah i know. .

I would go with Phil Collins personally, but uh. .
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 5:45 pm

"did crucialdude die?" post?? IS IT CRUCIAL?!?!
Posted: Oct 8, 2007 8:17 pm

the dude is not dead.
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 2:27 pm

the dude abides!
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 7:55 pm

crucial dude,
what is more crucial:
a great band breaking up never to play again engendering some sort of mythic stature, or, a great band breaking up then re-uniting 15 years later still playing great but it just ain't the same.
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 9:16 pm

shit dude, in theory it's way more crucial to break up before you've worn out your welcome and don't shit on the legacy
but fuck, i'm guilty of getting pretty stoked on the occasional reunion - but keep the reunion shit special and kind of a one-off thing like when the Oblivians did that show in memphis a few years ago or the many crucial dot dash reunion gigs (kids, zero boys, teengenerate) or the ACTION SWINGERS @ Union Pool! - that shit was all crucial as fuck but you can't bring the band back because there's no way to be a real band again - you can't come up with new material because nobody wants to hear new shit from an old band and your stuck as essentially a tribute band to younger incarnation (like the current dead kennedys or something)
Posted: Oct 11, 2007 4:58 am

of these 3 pies, which is more crucial?
pecan, sweet potato, pumpkin?
Posted: Oct 11, 2007 5:59 am

pecan pie (or as jack stands is likely to say 'karo nut pie') is the most crucial of the above mentioned pies
Posted: Oct 18, 2007 7:16 am

pecan is right but I have to say that the combo sweet potato/pecan pie found around here is crucialer.
Posted: Oct 18, 2007 8:41 pm

Crucial or not crucial: TV shows where dudes go around hunting ghosts????
Posted: Oct 18, 2007 11:04 pm

sweet potato/pecan pie
woah
Posted: Oct 20, 2007 2:32 am

i need to do some research with some of this sweet potato/pecan pie!
Posted: Oct 21, 2007 8:11 pm

Crucial or not crucial: TV shows where dudes go around hunting ghosts????

i dont know about that but we need a show with dudes going around hunting the most crucial pies
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 8:59 pm

Posted: Oct 24, 2007 9:03 pm

whats the more crucial popcorn:
plain ol salt and butter or kettle corn?
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 1:03 am

whats the more crucial popcorn:
plain ol salt and butter or kettle corn?

we got an apple and ornge situation here - salt and butter is the set up for your crucial home-made popping action but for store-bought pop action kettle corn is where its at

i've never had the gumption to try making kettle corn myself - hell i dont even have a kettle, that would rule

this reminds me i havent had pop corn in a long ass time - gotta do something about that
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 7:51 pm

ned beatty or m. emmit walsh?
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 8:15 pm

dude! M. Emmit Walsh!
could be the most under-rated crucial actor of all time

Die, you random son of a bitch.
Posted: Oct 26, 2007 8:04 pm

what is more crucial,
abba zaba the song or the candy bar?
Posted: Oct 26, 2007 8:39 pm

i need to do some research with some of this sweet potato/pecan pie!

When I first read this, I thought it said "Sweet potato/BACON pie"

Now I want both kinds.
Posted: Oct 31, 2007 1:52 am

dude! M. Emmit Walsh!

harry dean stanton
Posted: Oct 31, 2007 1:53 am

who is funnier/greater?

dictators
bonzos
Posted: Nov 1, 2007 4:43 pm

dude! M. Emmit Walsh!

harry dean stanton

i dunno - harry dean stanton is a total god among men when it comes to actors - but i think this is a generally accepted fact, no? totally up in the partheon with steven mcqueen and clint howard if you ask me.

The Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band is funnier but
the Dictators are greater
Posted: Nov 1, 2007 8:41 pm

Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band
WE ARE NORMAL!
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 5:26 am

Gavin Macleod or Gavin Rossdale
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 3:11 pm

Gavin Macleod or Gavin Rossdale

dude, Gavin Macleod was Murray Slaughter on the Mary Tyler Moore show - that wasnt totally gay so he wins by default
Posted: Nov 7, 2007 7:40 pm

ahem
what is more crucial,
Posted: Nov 7, 2007 9:35 pm

ahem
what is more crucial,

oh yeah, the cap'n's tune is way more crucial than the candy bar. i wanted to like abba zaba bars but that shit's pretty gnarly. cool wrapper though.
Posted: Nov 11, 2007 1:22 am

Hawk in Spencer for Hire
or
Forrest Whitaker in Ghost Dog

please take your time as you are a 3rd party mediator on this
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 12:59 am

Hawk in Spencer for Hire
or
Forrest Whitaker in Ghost Dog

\
well as 4th party

i never saw spenser and dog is dir by akron peer so i vote for black hawk down
Posted: Nov 27, 2007 9:26 pm

hey Dude, I'm hungry...which is more crucial,
eating scabs, or eating boogers?
Posted: Nov 28, 2007 3:02 pm

eating boogers is a no harm/no foul kida situation if no one is looking
eating scabs is just gross dude -

oh and to the above quandry - i never saw Spencer For Hire so you're on your own there -- but Hawk dude looked pretty crucial in his wikipedia entry
Posted: Dec 11, 2007 6:28 pm

This or that - crucial?
Posted: Dec 11, 2007 8:57 pm

dudes wearing girly Ts
or
manties
Posted: Dec 12, 2007 6:16 am

I just saw Abba Zabba the candy the other day in Austin and I gotta say, that packaging is crucial. sitting in the midst of a store full of cool retro candies, it completely stood out.

i think you're right, but forgot how strong those wrappers looked.
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 6:57 am

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 11:48 pm

writing a paper about goner, or trolling the goner board while wasting time when i should be working on the paper
Posted: Dec 14, 2007 5:49 pm

This or that - crucial?

this, that or the other? this is where it's at

dudes wearing girly Ts
or
manties

dressing like some girly-man aint crucial. i'm rockin a long sleeve Black Sabbath Vol IV t-shirt (i wear this pretty much all winter long)

writing a paper about goner, or trolling the goner board while wasting time when i should be working on the paper

this reminds me of the classic pete townsend excuse when he was busted perving out to kiddie pr0n - 'i was just doing research!' gonering on the goner board is a much more crucial form of research, i'm sure.
Posted: Dec 17, 2007 12:49 am

Hasselhoff or Estrada?

Raquel Welch or Ann Margaret?
Posted: Dec 18, 2007 1:50 am

Is giving my mom a christmas gift crucial?
Posted: Dec 18, 2007 7:07 pm | Edited by: CrucialDude

Hasselhoff or Estrada?

CHiPs had the crucial punk episode (not as crucial as the punk Quincey episode but crucial nonetheless) - Baybwatch really needed a surf punk episode that never happened as far as i know. by extension, i'm going with Estrada as more crucial than Hasselhoff.

Raquel Welch or Ann Margaret?
this has led to some crucial google image 'research'! tuff call, but i'm gonna go with Raquel Welch as more crucial than Ann Margaret by a hair.

Is giving my mom a christmas gift crucial?
the gift aint totally crucial but you gotta at least get her a card. the gift is a nice touch though (may i suggest a goner shoulder bag!)
Posted: Dec 21, 2007 4:41 am

wow!

i think you're right. raquel welch might be a complete bitch, but she ruled like the iron shiek. ann margaret at least pretended to sorta be nice. NOT CRUCIAL!

good call.

hasselhoff's crawling around on the floor vids by his kids might sway your vote... but the nonexistent (but totally obvious) surf-punk episode shoulda been made. MY BEACH! MY WAVES!

i seem to remember some underwater monster baywatch episode, which shoulda signified a shark-jumping moment, if the show had the potential to be on the right side of the shark at all.

besides slo-mo jogging, the chance of seeing kelly slater surf was worth it early on...
Posted: Dec 26, 2007 9:38 am

all the johnny ramone haters out there

Wow I'm late.

Johnny Ramone is basically one of the most original guitarists out there. To discount that because he thought the USSR would fall (it did) or because he thought Jimmy Carter was kinda worthless (he was) is to say "I am not crucial!"

man I should check this more or not as much. I dunno which!
Posted: Dec 26, 2007 9:39 am

P.S. Brandy and Monica or KC and Jojo?
Posted: Dec 27, 2007 9:08 pm

merry christmas crucial dude!
Posted: Dec 29, 2007 8:58 am

tyler keith in the neckbones or tyler keith in the preachers kids?
Posted: Dec 29, 2007 3:16 pm

P.S. Brandy and Monica or KC and Jojo?

i dont know who's more crucial - at least i know who Brandy and Monica are - so i guess that's a start

merry christmas crucial dude!
Happy New Year!

tyler keith in the neckbones or tyler keith in the preachers kids?
i'm going with the preachers kids as the more crucial vehicle for the genius that is tyler keith. totally crucial 3 guitar attack action. i'm a PK (preacher's kid) myself, so i could be biased in this one. [diggler namedrop party moment] when they played here tyler shared his ass pocket of whiskey with me -- dude fucking rules [/diggler namedrop party moment]
Posted: Dec 30, 2007 3:23 am

3 guitar attack action
it was 2 last night. but still rules
Posted: Dec 30, 2007 4:06 am

here's a softball:
Charles Manson or George Carlin?
Posted: Dec 31, 2007 6:01 am

punk rock or rock and roll golden girls or grumpy old men ???
Posted: Dec 31, 2007 3:39 pm

rock and roll golden girls

miss linda = sofia.
Posted: Dec 31, 2007 7:18 pm

* I'm not CrucialDude, but I'd also like to point out the vehicle that was the Jenny Jeans. Never put out anything, but what a tour de force with Talbot, Twinkle, Tyler and that other guy.
Posted: Jan 3, 2008 7:41 pm

miss linda = sofia.
Fuck a-buncha old Estelle Ghetti,

I'm Betty White's character, whoever that is.
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 6:31 pm

here's a softball:
Charles Manson or George Carlin?

george carlin seems like one of them free range chicken eaters so he's out.
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 7:56 pm

he-man or she-ra
Posted: Jan 21, 2008 12:34 pm

"getting away from it all" or Louie Fest for much needed trip south for the winter?
Posted: Jan 23, 2008 11:18 pm

windy - hit Louie Fest and live it up She-Ra style! (yes! she-ra is more crucial than he-man but not nearly as crucial as Skeletor)
Posted: Jan 24, 2008 3:40 pm

Pootie Tang or Ladies' Man?
Posted: Jan 24, 2008 9:37 pm

dude, Pootie Tang is so over the top fucking crucial this isnt even fair.

Sepatown!
Posted: Jan 24, 2008 9:43 pm

Sex in the morning or sex at night?
Posted: Jan 24, 2008 9:55 pm

sex in the morning that began as sex at night

Sa da tay!
Posted: Jan 25, 2008 1:35 am

wah da tah!
Posted: Jan 25, 2008 1:44 am

I'm gonna sine your pitty on the runny kine!
Posted: Jan 28, 2008 3:39 pm | Edited by: luxury unit

kbd #6: crucial?
Posted: Jan 28, 2008 4:25 pm

dude, is kbd #6 crucial?! it's the one with UFO Dictator on it -- therefore, totally crucial.

this volume took me forever to get for some reason
mostly because i kept getting confused about which one i was missing and wound up buying like 3 copies of vol 5
Posted: Jan 28, 2008 4:28 pm

spray painting t-shirts or screen printing t-shirts?
Posted: Jan 31, 2008 10:11 am

The Knack vs. The Records
Posted: Jan 31, 2008 10:58 am

spray painting t-shirts or screen printing t-shirts?

i've always liked the idea of spray painted shirts but never the reality (except for maybe the die slaughterhaus ones) - anyways i hate to say it but screen printed shirts are more crucial than spray painted ones.

The Knack vs. The Records

shit dude, i aint mike stiper or pastlame - this is sorta out of my realm. normally id just go with the american band - but the Records were Rachael Sweet's backing band - and that's fucking crucial - but i'm a fucking rocker and this power pop shit is out of my league. Rachael Sweet was fucking crucial as hell though.
Posted: Feb 2, 2008 4:19 pm

and fuck all the johnny ramone haters out there

who are they???

there's a ramones museum here, and YES, alberto knows the owner.
Posted: Feb 2, 2008 9:48 pm

i've heard lots of shit talk on johnny ramone - and fuck all them shit talkers
maybe i'll vote republican in honor of his memory
but i refuse to go so far as to root for the yankees -- gotta draw the line somewhere

i got to meet johnny backstage one time and he was awesome - took time to talk to random fans like me (talked about them touring in a van while the crew was in a bus - seeing the sights and baseball stadiums around the country)
Posted: Feb 3, 2008 10:35 pm

black converse allstars or any converse allstar that is not black?
Posted: Feb 5, 2008 9:18 am

but i'm a fucking rocker and this power pop shit is out of my league.

you really are the crucialest mofo of all time!!! i love you, man!
Posted: Feb 7, 2008 2:31 am | Edited by: Jack Stands

Who is more crucial on your backyard (moved to the street, by dudes and beer) quarter pipe: bikes or boards? It's tall and a little wide.
Posted: Feb 7, 2008 2:32 am

For that matter which is more crucial for either genre? Street or ramp?
Posted: Feb 7, 2008 9:47 am

black converse allstars or any converse allstar that is not black?

i certainly have a preference for black but i don't know if they're necessarily more crucial than the traditional white ones - you cant knock the classic whities. ah hell, black is still cooler and more crucial.
that being said - i've worn vans since 1986. all stars never lasted more than a month or two before i'd rip out the back - vans last a while so they're more economical.

Who is more crucial on your backyard (moved to the street, by dudes and beer) quarter pipe: bikes or boards? It's tall and a little wide.
dude, this is the lamest question yet! your little bmx bike ramp action is just a little less gay than rollerblades -- SKATE OR DIE!

For that matter which is more crucial for either genre? Street or ramp?
dont forget the struggle dont forget the streets
Posted: Feb 7, 2008 10:10 am

SKATE OR DIE!

STAAGS/NO COMPLY SPLIT 10" -20 songs each side!!!
Posted: Feb 7, 2008 1:23 pm

Street or ramp?
definitely street...and skateparks are NOT street skating. nothing was ever more fun than cruising around town with a block of wax trying to find a perfect curb. when you were worn out skating you could sit on it, then skate a few hours more then go home and crash. i wish i was 15 again.
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 10:45 am

Birds in the basement or bats in the belfry?
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 8:32 am

hey crucialdude, who is more crucial
Jay Reatard or Michael Jackson ?
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 8:56 am | Edited by: CrucialDude

Birds in the basement or bats in the belfry?
skinbyrds in the basement!

hey crucialdude, who is more crucial
Jay Reatard or Michael Jackson ?

jay reatard with birds in his basement is probably more crucial than michael jackson with bats in his belfry

the crucial level is something like
prince > jay reatard > michael jackson > foghat
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 9:30 am

ok

i did not quite get it. foghat the band ? or your just trying to say that they are all faggets, cause it seems like the brightest choise. though i like Jay in a manly way myself.
Posted: Feb 21, 2008 2:23 am

what with all the news horrors going on in the world and the writer's strike in LA finally ending ...I ask you:

reality or reality tv
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 9:18 pm

CrucialDude,
What is the most crucial product in the Chef Boy-ar-dee family of canned goods?
Posted: Mar 10, 2008 9:45 pm | Edited by: CrucialDude

CrucialDude,
What is the most crucial product in the Chef Boy-ar-dee family of canned goods?

b33f beef beef beefaroni!
Posted: Mar 11, 2008 1:33 pm

whats the most crucial mexican candy or confection?
Posted: Mar 11, 2008 3:35 pm

Posted: Mar 12, 2008 1:49 pm

Urinals' Ack Ack Ack or Minutmen's cover of Ack Ack Ack?
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 10:44 am

I'm new to this blogging thing but anything that goes from GI to Foghat looks fun. Like when my mp3 player is on shuffle and goes from Klous Nomi to Discharge, fun. So here it goes:
DDT Atlanta or DDT Memphis?
Posted: Mar 15, 2008 3:43 pm

CD, do you consider a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of a slice of fruit pie to be crucial? I mean, I don't even WANT a piece of fruit pie if I can't get it warmed up and then all ala mode-ified. Also, what's the most crucial pronounciation of pecan--is it PEE-can or pi-CAHN? And doesn't pecan pie also get more crucial with ice cream on it?

-Ryan
Posted: Mar 15, 2008 3:46 pm

Rotten eggs, or fresh dog shit?

They both work well.
Posted: Mar 15, 2008 3:50 pm

PEE-can

cause it sounds you got that chamber pot action goin on.
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 1:16 pm

crucial dude, what is more crucial:
house show or bar show?
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 4:48 pm

Urinals' Ack Ack Ack or Minutmen's cover of Ack Ack Ack

minutmen's cover rules but it aint more crucual than the original Urinals Ack Ack Ack

DDT Atlanta or DDT Memphis?
ddt atlanta is some crucial shit - i never actually heard the memphis band (dickinson brothers, right?)

CD, do you consider a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of a slice of fruit pie to be crucial? I mean, I don't even WANT a piece of fruit pie if I can't get it warmed up and then all ala mode-ified. Also, what's the most crucial pronounciation of pecan--is it PEE-can or pi-CAHN? And doesn't pecan pie also get more crucial with ice cream on it?

-Ryan

your question proves you are a god among men. you gotta smother that shit in ice cream - and who wants some damn fruit pie without a scoop of cream? for some reason i always say PEE-can Pie (or Kayro Nut Pie for some dumb reason) - but if i'm just talking about dees nuts i call em puh-CAHNs - so puh-CAHNs make PEE-can pie

Rotten eggs, or fresh dog shit?
the crucial weapon of choice is a flaming back of fresh dog shit - rotten eggs make a great projectile weapon but still not as crucial as flaming poo

house show or bar show?
this reminds me of the link versus patty sausage delimma - you really gotta take it in a case by case scenario - but i would venture that the ultimate house show is way more crucial than the ultimate bar show (lots more opportunites for teenage women and free cocaine)
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 11:18 pm

Kayro Nut Pie

I'm not CrucialDude, but this is the correct pronunciation.
Posted: Mar 24, 2008 10:29 am

Never heard of the DDT Memphis either till I did a search and that's all that came up-pity.

Speacking of house party

http://collect.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=music.showDetails&Band _Show_ID=27435484&friendid=61749803
Posted: May 17, 2008 2:31 am

Which is more crucial?

$100 worth of gas in the 25 gallon tank of a GM Envoy or 1 Tom Waits ticket?
Posted: Jun 2, 2008 4:56 pm

Which is more crucial: Slimeballs or OJ II's?

Good one Bazooka joe,but it's a trick question...
Both were as crucial as the other..

Here's the 64,000 dollar question.
Which was more crucial Mark Gonzales or Natas Kaupas?????
Posted: Jun 3, 2008 9:42 am

dude, first off i gotta say the Natas panther deck was so much more fucking crucial than the gay neon Gonzales vision deck
but then the tables turned and the gonzales blind deck was pretty fucking crucial

but for the 64,000 dollar question about which dude is more crucial - i'm giong with the Gonz - i used to hang out at the embarcadero in SF watching skaters and gonzales was the king of that joint
Posted: Jun 3, 2008 1:38 pm

dude, first off i gotta say the Natas panther deck was so much more fucking crucial

crucialdude gotts his shit together. I've gotta agree that satan oops"NATAS" panther was da shit. S.M.A.'s graffics were insanly ahead of there times"still being used to present"
It's pretty sad what they did to E.M.B. I was up there a couple of years ago and was just pushin around on those fucked up bricks,and wondering to myself how the fuck were those dudes throwin down the shit they were doin on these bricks,and remember those fuckin wheels back then were like 35mm....

So here's another crucial question. Which was more crucial E.M.B. or LOVE PARK???
Posted: Jun 3, 2008 2:27 pm

trick question - EMB doesnt stand for the place itself - it stands for the skaters who rode there - Embarcadero's Most Blunted or Embarco's Most Blunted

my favorite skate spot was the B of A parking lot in SF (there's lots of classic Thrasher shots taken here) - it was a much mellower scence than EMB which was full of attitude - but kids were doing crazy shit down there so it was always fun to watch - i was too much of a kook to skate there myself.
i never been to Love Park personally so it aint fair for me to make the call - but i'd assume Embarco is more crucial since you could skate there all year long - california knows how to party
Posted: Jun 9, 2008 8:41 am

since I can't find any bison,
which is more crucial?

emu or ostrich?
Posted: Jun 9, 2008 8:44 am

and on a side note:

Campbell Brown,
crucial cougar or marginal milf?
Posted: Jun 10, 2008 1:18 pm

Campbell Brown,
crucial cougar or marginal milf?

i watched her on CNN last night - sure, i'd hit it but i didn't waste any tissues thinking about it

since I can't find any bison,
which is more crucial?

emu or ostrich?

dude, it's 2008 - you gotta get on the alpaca tip
Posted: Jun 12, 2008 12:50 am

who's more crucial? Dirk Diggler or Bazooka Joe??
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 10:22 am

Bazooka Joe saved my life one time when i was black out drunk (or so he says - i dont remember nothin) -- plus he's the best dude ever to hang out with - total party whenever joe's around. but i think diggler invented baseball when he was a kid back in cooperstown, so he's a contender. still i gotta stick with bros before hos so i'm goin with Joe
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 7:22 pm

for the summer, whats a more crucial tan line:
flip flops or t-shirt?
Posted: Jul 9, 2008 5:56 pm

beating up emo kids or wearing lots and lots of gold chains?
Posted: Jul 13, 2008 6:13 pm

whats a more crucial road trip food:
beef jerky or cheetos
Posted: Jul 16, 2008 12:13 pm

Wow, those are some good ones.
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 11:49 am

for the summer, whats a more crucial tan line:
flip flops or t-shirt?

dude, i aint down with the flo-ho tan lines - real men go barefoot on the beach and have totally crucial v-neck t-shirt tan lines
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 11:51 am

beating up emo kids or wearing lots and lots of gold chains?

even though beating up emo kids is like shooting fish in a barrel - i'd probably still waste away my work day watching youtube clips of people beating up emo kids and/or shooting fish in a barrel. i'm bored of gold chains and spray tan content. emo violence is where its at
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 11:54 am

whats a more crucial road trip food:
beef jerky or cheetos

dude, b33f jerkey is totally more crucial road food than cheetos - especially when you're at some small gas station in the middle of nowhere and they got their own crazy home made mystery meat jerky -- that shit's awesome!
i havent had cheetos in a long ass time - but i'm sure if i ate one right now i'd want an entire bag
Posted: Jul 26, 2008 8:23 am

that's solid advice as cheeto residue becomes a serious issue on roadtrips.

which begs the question handtowels or machine airdry in public bathrooms?
Posted: Jul 27, 2008 6:07 pm

Washing the pepper off your fingers before or after taking a piss?
Posted: Aug 1, 2008 7:58 am

Harlem
Posted: Aug 3, 2008 3:36 pm

Black Sabbath or the Misfits?
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 12:45 pm

Posted: Aug 5, 2008 1:10 pm

which begs the question handtowels or machine airdry in public bathrooms?

i prefer the handtowel / airdry combo action -- but really whichever one requires less touching of public bathroom surfaces (and i aint no germophobe or nothing but the less you have to touch in a bathroom the better off you are)
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 1:10 pm

Harlem

total
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 1:26 pm

Black Sabbath or the Misfits?

even though i rock misfits records way more regular than i do sabbath - i gotta go with Sabbath as more crucial than the Misfits - shit the first few notes off the first lp are up there with the most crucial shit ever put on record --
plus Sabbath even still (mob) ruled after Ozzy - cant say the same for the Misfits --
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 1:28 pm

who's most crucial right now?

d boon

or

t boone

ha! swift boat veterans for D Boon!
Posted: Aug 10, 2008 8:41 am

Cambodia or Thailand?

Crabs or the Clap?

Redd Fox or Sherman Helmsley? (Redd Foxx for Sure)

Red Skelton or the Red Skeleton from captain america comics?

Porn or Prostitutes?
Posted: Aug 25, 2008 2:22 pm

the more crucial a girl's record collection - the more crucial the pussy?

or no?
Posted: Aug 25, 2008 2:24 pm

more crucial- sigue sigue sputnick or pet shop boys?
Posted: Aug 26, 2008 11:01 am

Cambodia or Thailand?
some day i'd love to find out - but i've never been to either place so i'll reserve crucial judgment

Crabs or the Clap?
the jack! but i'd take crabs anyday if forced to choose

Redd Fox or Sherman Helmsley? (Redd Foxx for Sure)
Elizabeth!

Red Skelton or the Red Skeleton from captain america comics?
Red Skeleton is no Skeletor but still more crucial than Red Skelton (who i may be confusing with Boxcar Willie - but even that says he aint crucial enough in my book)

Porn or Prostitutes?
i'd rather fuck a porn star than a prostitute - but i guess any porn star fucking me would have to be a prostitute as well.
anyways, porn falls shortly after air, water, food and shelter for daily necessitites in life so it's totally more crucial than prostitutes
Posted: Aug 26, 2008 11:04 am

the more crucial a girl's record collection - the more crucial the pussy?

or no?

dude, the more crucial a girl's record collection the more likely to be my ex-girlfriend. i think the crucial pussy ties in more with book collections - naughty librarians rule! (comment not directed at finark)
Posted: Aug 26, 2008 2:15 pm

finark is a man, you know.

although i'm sure he knows some naughty librarians.

i bow once again to your crucial knowledge!
Posted: Aug 26, 2008 3:05 pm

i've hawked the wind with finark on two coasts - total crucial dude

still meditating on sigue sigue sputnik vs the pet shop boys -- i cant remember any sigue sigue songs, only hair
i do recall smasing one of their records at a college radio station n the 80s though - prob not a crucial sign
Posted: Aug 26, 2008 7:05 pm

the more crucial a girl's record collection the more likely to be my ex-girlfriend.-crucial Snap!
Posted: Aug 27, 2008 1:41 pm

judge david young or jerry springer?
Posted: Sep 2, 2008 10:25 am

SAM YOUR SO SMART
IM SO STUPID
Posted: Sep 6, 2008 8:03 pm

robert downy jr high as shit on cocaine vs. robert downy jr in blackface?
Posted: Sep 25, 2008 6:35 pm

more crucial - Goodfellas or Raging Bull?
Posted: Sep 26, 2008 7:37 am

i'll jump in until he has his 5th coffee. storms are a brewin' here in hudson county so he may be laying low.

i think goodfellas is more interesting, more easy on the eyes and ears (great soundtrack among other kudos); i also think it was the beginning of the end of his greatness--i am not sure the movie got a little tired by the end, a little directed by automatic pilot.

RB has never been the tour de force masterpiece for me as it is for others. many many think it's either his best movie or the best movie of the 1980's. i think not. but as it is composed and shot i think it is goddamn riveting. just a little brittle and soulless.

burp.
Posted: Sep 28, 2008 9:48 am

shut up baker! you ain't CRUCIAL!
Posted: Sep 29, 2008 2:29 pm

baker couldn't tell a crucial ass from an elbow and yet he still managed to get the right call on this one -- Raging Bull rages but Goodfellas is total essential viewing if you don't wanna be completely culturally illiterate -- how could you possibly function in society without seeing Goodfellas? can't be done. hell, even cartoons reference it more than Of Mice and Men at this point (duh, George!)
Posted: Sep 29, 2008 4:32 pm

more crucial - Saint Vitus or The Obsessed?
Posted: Sep 29, 2008 4:34 pm

related to above - crucial or not crucial - Trouble? Witchfinder General?
Posted: Oct 3, 2008 3:45 pm

Dude - change your name to Doom Doomofferson

Saint Vitus is more crucial than the Obsessed - but this question has me rockin the Obsessed \'a world apart\' over and over --- Fuck this World!!! -- fuck yeah.

Trouble - i dunno, dude - fuck Xian metal - but if they sang in some language i didnt speak i\'m sure i could hang with these dudes

Witchfinder General - fuck yes!!!
Posted: Oct 13, 2008 7:23 am

but keep the reunion shit special and kind of a one-off thing like when the Oblivians did that show in memphis a few years ago or the many crucial dot dash reunion gigs (kids, zero boys, teengenerate) or the ACTION SWINGERS @ Union Pool! - that shit was all crucial as fuck but you can't bring the band back because there's no way to be a real band again - you can't come up with new material because nobody wants to hear new shit from an old band and your stuck as essentially a tribute band to younger incarnation (like the current dead kennedys or something)

Crucialdude is wise.
Posted: Oct 20, 2008 2:38 pm

reunion shit
can the crucial dude predict crucialness? i'm stoked about that oblivs/gories reunion, but i hope it don't get tired.
Posted: Oct 31, 2008 10:21 am

more crucial - sporting event hotdogs or movie theater popcorn?
Posted: Nov 16, 2008 5:34 pm

2009 crucial prediction! Michael Baker gets new sweetpants for christmas,or Jack Stands gets hooked on Jenkem?
Posted: Nov 16, 2008 8:25 pm

dcr - crucial 2009 prediction - the oblivians/gories reunion shows will be the most crucial ticket of the year

spycee - i can't envision baker wearing new sweatpants (i'm worried about you thinking about baker in sweepants though - is that like candypants?) i think jack stands' recent hiatus from the board may have been his first cry for your help to pull him out of that jenkem hole.

ps. why hasnt my jenkem record shown up yet? i want it now
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 7:52 am

well fuck! my spelling sux.! i'll do better next time.

ps. why hasnt my jenkem record shown up yet? i want it now
Posted: Dec 1, 2008 3:50 pm

More crucial: boner in sweatpants or commando with the fly down?
Posted: Dec 4, 2008 5:26 pm

whats more crucial - low gas prices or a decent economy?
Posted: Dec 5, 2008 10:01 am

whats more crucial - low gas prices or a decent economy?

decent economy is totally more crucial - you should know by now that the more you drive the less intelligent you are and who can afford a plate of shrimp in a shitty economy?

sweatpants bonarz are comic gold

and i\'m still waiting on my jenkem record - was that a pre-order?
Posted: Dec 5, 2008 1:06 pm

plate of shrimp

You know, I was just saying that...
Posted: Dec 5, 2008 5:06 pm

and i\'m still waiting on my jenkem record - was that a pre-order?

Charles fucked up on 15 of em. Wrong Postage ! He said they should be there in the Begining of the week!
Posted: Dec 5, 2008 6:24 pm

dude -- record just showed up - Jankem Party Tonight!!!
Posted: Dec 5, 2008 8:36 pm

no way! we're still waiting for our copies of this unlikely compilation.
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 6:36 am

don't wait too long or that ballloon's gonna pop!

(I expect it will take a day or two more in the mail for you since i'm about 2 miles away from the killer diller jankem balloon factory)
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 8:26 am

that's a 10-4.
Posted: Dec 14, 2008 4:13 pm

whats more crucial:
being the type of person who doesn't get shoes thrown at
or
having a good comeback when someone does throw their shoes at you?
Posted: Dec 16, 2008 6:45 pm

back to Ramones:

Tommy or Marky?
Posted: Dec 16, 2008 8:05 pm

it's way more crucial to be the kind of dude who doesn't get shoes thrown at them - but developing a good zinger isn't without its charm

and c'mon, Tommy all the way!
Posted: Dec 21, 2008 2:16 am

more crucial suicide: papa hemmingway or sylvia plath?

one thing about sylvie, she knew a woman's place was in the kitchen.
Page  Page 3 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®