Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Hey Crucialdude: Crucial or Not Crucial?
Page  Page 2 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next »
Posted: May 7, 2007 5:49 pm

high time or back in the usa
Posted: May 7, 2007 5:59 pm

So, Edward G Robinson or Ernest Borgnine?
crucial dudes both but i'm gonna say Ernie Borgnine is more crucial than Eddie G.

John Wayne OR Clint Eastwood?
this is a tough call -- the Ford westerns vs the Leone westerns, shit. but luckily for Clint his work with Clyde in Every Which Way But Loose puts him over the top as more crucial than John Wayne
Posted: May 7, 2007 6:12 pm

robinson by a mile

john wayne by two miles

that john ford cavalry trilogy has some of my fave american films PERIOD
Posted: May 7, 2007 6:17 pm

high time or back in the usa

at the risk of losing my crucial credibility i'll have to admit i havent been compelled to listen to either of these in years. i'll still listen to Kick Out The Jams and even 66 Breakout every once in a while but i never think about these two. that being said, the answer is High Time is more crucial than Back In The USA.
Posted: May 7, 2007 6:26 pm

that john ford cavalry trilogy has some of my fave american films PERIOD

yeah, Ford wins over Leone by miles (in almost every aspect except for the soundtracks) -- i dunno - i mighta made the wrong call here - i'd probably rather watch The Quiet Man than any Eastwood non-western.
Posted: May 7, 2007 6:42 pm

sister anne and looking at you are my two fave mc5 songs after rambling rose

i re listened to back in the usa three times this weekend and with some careful editing out of the dumb songs, and turning up the bass a lil, i was floored
Posted: May 7, 2007 9:05 pm

Crucial or not crucial...

...Game Shows???
Posted: May 7, 2007 9:25 pm

what's more crucial:

Saying "crucial" or
shortening it to "cruche"
Posted: May 7, 2007 9:29 pm

Crucial or not crucial...

...Game Shows???

nah, not crucial - only good when you're totally sick and lying in the couch

what's more crucial:

Saying "crucial" or
shortening it to "cruche"

only a douche would say "cruche"
Posted: May 8, 2007 2:08 am

more crucial: Ted Taylor or Sonic Rendezvous Band
Posted: May 8, 2007 9:43 am

This one will use all of your powers:

Morris?

Chavo?

Dez?

Reyes?

Rollins?

Also:

Chicken salad or tuna salad?

Potato salad or pasta salad?

Where does egg salad fall in this continuum?

Finally, which salad would have been best to throw at Black Flag?
Posted: May 8, 2007 11:29 am

matt morrisa and jose reyes

chix salad
pasta salad unless it's german potato salad
egg salad trumps all

i would throw barf salad at BF
Posted: May 8, 2007 2:52 pm

more crucial: Ted Taylor or Sonic Rendezvous Band

Sonic Rendezvous Band is totally more crucial than Ted Taylor (not a diss to Taylor but you can't fucking beat City Slang)
Posted: May 8, 2007 3:06 pm

This one will use all of your powers:

Morris?

Chavo?

Dez?

Reyes?

Rollins?

Also:

Chicken salad or tuna salad?

Potato salad or pasta salad?

Where does egg salad fall in this continuum?

Finally, which salad would have been best to throw at Black Flag?

Her Ick, i dont quite understand your Flag question -- as you asking if each of these dudes are crucial or a ranking of least to most crucial? obviously, all of these dudes are crucial (yeah, revisionists don't want to admit it but you cant fucking deny Rollins on Damaged and i'll stick up for My War too) but the crucial ranking from most to least goes...

Morris - Dez (tied for 1st)
Chavo - Reyes (tied for being the same crucial dude)
Rollins - (will always be last for the inclusion of 'no deposit no return' on Family Man)

chicken salad is more crucial than tuna salad
potato salad is generally more crucial than pasta salad but there are many exceptions.
edd salad falls onto a kaiser roll or some toasted weat bread for a tasty lunch

thow pasta salad at morris (somewhere i have his high school graduation picture and he's wearing a smart bow-tie so pasta salad is appropriate)
throw chicken hawk salad at chavo pederast
throw egg salad into rollins' running shorts
Posted: May 8, 2007 3:39 pm

michael baker or michael bateman?
Posted: May 8, 2007 3:43 pm

michael baker or michael bateman?

bateman is a more crucial character to dress up as for halloween. otherwise, i just dunno.
Posted: May 8, 2007 4:14 pm

bateman is a more crucial character to dress up as for halloween

URL
Posted: May 8, 2007 5:02 pm

throw chicken hawk salad at chavo pederast

?
Posted: May 8, 2007 6:14 pm

what's not to get?
Posted: May 8, 2007 6:21 pm

most crucial whiskey, irish, scotch, or american? (canadian doesn't count)
Posted: May 8, 2007 6:26 pm

most crucial whiskey, irish, scotch, or american? (canadian doesn't count)

there's only one whiskey and it's irish
everything else is whisky
kentucky's got some great shit but ireland's totally got the most crucial whiskey
Posted: May 8, 2007 6:50 pm

1-800-COLLECT or 1-800-CALL-ATT?
Posted: May 8, 2007 6:56 pm

what's not to get?

Just wanna know.

Bray it up, motherfucker!

kentucky's got some great shit but ireland's totally got the most crucial whiskey

Agreed.
Posted: May 8, 2007 6:58 pm

1-800-CALL-ATT gave a career to that CarrotTop fuckface - there's nothing in the world less crucial than that
Posted: May 8, 2007 7:19 pm

there's nothing in the world less crucial than that

here's one

URL
Posted: May 8, 2007 7:21 pm

here'a another

URL
Posted: May 8, 2007 7:40 pm

Ray Davies or Dave Davies?
Posted: May 8, 2007 7:45 pm

heresy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ray Davies or Dave Davies?

and dave is a saint, but jeez!!!
Posted: May 8, 2007 11:05 pm

if i were to answer this question it would diminish my own status as a crucial dude - so i will defer. but that guitar tone and playing in 'you really got me' proves that Dave Davies is one of the most crucial guitar players ever.
Posted: May 9, 2007 12:57 am

Ernest Borgnine?
i'm calling this decision into question.
i would like to present "merlins shop of mystical wonders" as evidence that ernest borgnine lost a great measure of cruciality with this film.

http://www.mst3kinfo.com/aceg/10/1003/ep1003.html
Posted: May 9, 2007 2:06 am

FOUL! MST3K is not to be used in arbitrations of cruciality.
Posted: May 9, 2007 5:13 am

FOUL!
i'm challenging that call as well. mst3k is traditionally a mile marker for bad film and/or a sign of an actor or directors turn for the worst. how would an ernest borgnine film end up on an episode of mst3k if it was an example of cruciality?
all i'm asking is that crucial dude reconsider the cruciality of ernest borgnine as a result of the evidence presented, nothing more.
Posted: May 9, 2007 5:19 am

sweetie, them's apples and oranges!
both crucial at different times
ray = "lola" and "waterloo sunset" gives him immunity from all the less-than-crucial things he did in the 90s and early 2000's

dave = FEEDBACK. i mean, really.
Posted: May 9, 2007 8:47 am

'Arthur.....,' among many other things, is crucial.
Posted: May 9, 2007 1:27 pm

Uriah Heep lps: Crucial or Not Crucial?
Posted: May 9, 2007 1:54 pm

Baby showers?

Golden showers?
Posted: May 9, 2007 3:00 pm

maybe i'm off on the Bourgnine call - but he played some badasses and then made that crucial weepy Marty

Uriah Heep lps: Crucial or Not Crucial?
without the aid of google i couldnt even name a Uriah Heep lp -- so i'm guessing they fall into the non crucial category. maybe i could be hipped to a dollar-bin sleeper though.

Baby showers? poppin' mommas are totally crucial so showering them with free gifts is an awesome thing to do - so sure.

Golden showers? in these days of rusty trombones and dirty sanchezes and whatnot it's good to see you sticking up for the classic perversions (i'll stick with the poppin' mommas though)
Posted: May 9, 2007 3:24 pm

excellent work, crucialdude!
Posted: May 9, 2007 4:49 pm

I dunno, e...

Uriah Heep's "Look at Yourself" is fucking crucial as FUCK!!

there's a goddamn coke mirror on the cover for godsake!

get to work crucial dude, you are slippin.

p.s. this lp will played many times during freedom fest.
Posted: May 9, 2007 5:18 pm

line me the fuck up, bith! it's a beautiful day!
Posted: May 9, 2007 5:28 pm

come on down.
Posted: May 9, 2007 5:29 pm

Dave Davies

let's not forget Strangers and Death of a Clown and Groovey Movies! Dave is totally crucial!!
Posted: May 9, 2007 5:30 pm

get to work crucial dude, you are slippin.

well i did ask for crucial recomendations so i can get to work on this -- the coke mirror on the lp is brilliant - i've always just rolled joints on lps and snorted coke off cds - but with this record i can easily trash all my otherwise useless cds
Posted: May 9, 2007 5:30 pm

Uriah Heep sucks. It's Brits doin second school German Kraut. Come on now.
Posted: May 9, 2007 5:33 pm | Edited by: Rosemary Rose

Memphis in June?

or refinished hardwood floors?
Posted: May 9, 2007 9:20 pm

You're a Magician's Birthday.
Posted: May 9, 2007 11:01 pm

Paint thinner rules!
Posted: May 9, 2007 11:42 pm

Memphis in June?

or refinished hardwood floors?

Memphis in June is more crucial (although i think i prefer Memphis in May 0 but not necessarily that Memphis in May festivle thing) - also if a hardwood floor or anything is finished why the fuck would anyone RE-finish it? seems redundant to me to me
Posted: May 10, 2007 12:11 am

jdawg- you called it!

i had written a whole bit about Uriah Heap and specifically LOOK AT YOURSELF and how crucial the singer's vocalizings are... then deleted! first thought, best thought... shit.

anyway, i think crucialdude still has his finger on the pulse of the crucial.
Posted: May 10, 2007 2:35 am

Crucial Kinks:
"All Day and All of the Night" or "You Really Got Me"?
Posted: May 10, 2007 4:42 am

cherry poppin' daddies or squirrel nut zippers?
Posted: May 10, 2007 4:42 am

third eye blind or sugar ray?
Posted: May 10, 2007 4:53 am

i don't know what crucialdude thinks but of of those songs are the other one playead inside out! both crucial in my mind... although that "oh yeah" before the guitar solo in "you really got me" is unbeatable
Posted: May 10, 2007 2:14 pm

Crucial Kinks:

like TK said both are totally crucial hits -- but if forced to choose i'd say "You Really Got Me" has that extra something to make it more crucial (probably my favorite guitar solo to boot)

cherry poppin' daddies or squirrel nut zippers?
like a minor league version of the bono vs sting least crucial debacle - except you can do a gay little dance to it. honesly i only know one CPD song and that's because i was a P.A. on a video of theirs (zoot suit riot is the name of the song) and that is one more than i can think of from the SNZ boys. and since that Cherry Poppin Daddies song is now stuck in my head i gotta say they're less crucial than the Squirrel Not Zippers. Plus the SNZ got that Johnny Vommit connect which at least gives them something cool.

third eye blind or sugar ray?
on a scale of 1 to GAY Sugar Gay is the most gay and thus even less crucial than 3rd Eye Blind. On a side note - when 3rd Eye Blind played their first shows in SF they had really bitchin' fliers and i had lots of friends who took the fliers and hung them up in their flats - these all disappeard shortly after when people actually heard the band. and their guitar player Kevin lived in a house with some RKL dudes and Smelly from Plainfield and i had some psychodelic tymes there.
Posted: May 10, 2007 4:06 pm

which rolling stones recordings are more crucial, the brian jones era, or the mick taylor era?
Posted: May 10, 2007 4:26 pm

which rolling stones recordings are more crucial, the brian jones era, or the mick taylor era

Beggs to Eggs, dude! this is the most crucial era of stones recordings
Posted: May 10, 2007 4:50 pm

Diggler or Goubler?
Posted: May 10, 2007 4:54 pm

Most crucial sock puppets: Alienator or SinglesGoingSteady
Posted: May 10, 2007 4:56 pm

Crucial Kinks:

like TK said both are totally crucial hits -- but if forced to choose i'd say "You Really Got Me" has that extra something to make it more crucial (probably my favorite guitar solo to boot)

I guess it's a tough call, and that's why I'm gonna say you're both wrong. "All Day" is the one with the extra something. It's not an easy job setting everyone straight, but someone's gotta do it.
Posted: May 10, 2007 6:48 pm

Uriah Heep or James Last, who was just pulled into the official Kraut catalogue?
R.J. Dio or Peter Frampton?
Pynchon or Poopoo The Boogerbear?
Deep Purple In Rock or Led Zeppelin I?
Oisters or crab?
Posted: May 10, 2007 6:50 pm

Pussy or poopshoot?
Pork or beef?
Blowjob or rimjob?
Posted: May 10, 2007 6:54 pm

As ever, not funny. Keep tryin. Twat.
Posted: May 10, 2007 6:57 pm

Hard liquor or beer?
Posted: May 10, 2007 6:58 pm

Diggler or Goubler

But this one's genius of course. Not funny. But genius it is.
Posted: May 10, 2007 7:03 pm

Damn, real crucial:
Diarrhoea or hardwood turds that rip open yr butthole?
Posted: May 10, 2007 9:45 pm

Diggler or Goubler?

this one's a tuff call for me -- diggler was overall funnier than goubler - but when it came down to battle time i think goubler was the more formidable opponent --- like goubler taking on 'ed' seemed to really get under 'ed's' craw whereas diggler just tried to hard and came off as a sickophant trying to kiss tim's ass or something. but he could at times be funny. anyways i gotta make a call here and i'm gonna say Goubler is more crucial than Diggler.
Posted: May 10, 2007 9:48 pm

i dont remember Alienator being involved in sock-puppetry -- but he did get baptised in the piss of the King which makes him more crucial than Singlesgoingsteady. Plus i hawked the wind with him behind a 7-11 - so that's always crucial.
Posted: May 10, 2007 10:34 pm

Uriah Heep or James Last, who was just pulled into the official Kraut
catalogue?
judement reserved to a later date since i still have to do my Heep research -- and to tell the truth i dont know who James Last is either. i'm a punk fucking rocker at heart so some of this shit isn't in the crucial databank.

R.J. Dio or Peter Frampton? DIOOOOOOOOO!

Pynchon or Poopoo The Boogerbear? i'm not familiar with the works of Poopoo the boogerbear but i admire Pynchon for his appearances on the Simpsons - thus he's more crucial.

Deep Purple In Rock or Led Zeppelin I? argue your case all you want but your wrong if you dont recognize Zep I is more crucial than In Rock (which is still a fucking crucial classic in its own rite)

Oisters or crab? i love it all but i gotta say Crab is more crucial than oi!sters
Posted: May 10, 2007 10:35 pm

sure i've got a lot of misspelling above but i gotta correct this one:

"DIOOOOOO" -- no one would yell that shit -- it's more like
"DIIIIIIIIIIIIIO"
Posted: May 10, 2007 10:47 pm

crucialdude, just an observation-why does everyone here think it's crucial to put ed's name in quotes? No one goes around writing "crucialdude" or "Jack" or "redkardkiddo" or "dirk"? Thoughts?
Posted: May 10, 2007 10:52 pm

i just did it because i was referring to the time's digger would try to get ed's goat and he woudl always put 'ed' in quotes -- i havent really noticed anyone else doing it. but if they do i guess they're just copying diggler.

and oh yeah

ED O RULES!!!
Posted: May 11, 2007 1:18 am | Edited by: bazooka joe

James Last is a German easy listening douche. Most of his music is unlistenable cheese, but he actually has at least one really cool record. It's called "Voodoo Party."
Posted: May 11, 2007 7:58 am | Edited by: Blind Lemon Jelly

Is it just me or should 'Jack' be wearing these from now on? Such a big freakment of his own imagination deserves 'm.

I know you're not kidding about Voodoo Party, Joe. I always admired you for your absolute liberal standards when the Works of artists are concerned, but kickin it to this motha is even to liberal for me. Holy mother of god.
Anyway: on Lasts label:, another 'just released and discovered Krautbomb': Staff Carpenborg's Electric Corona - Fanatisctic Party (Heavy Noodles). At least it's Kraut. Not a masterpiece, but good stuff.

None of this stuff is even close to Crucial though.
Sorry-mbout that.
Posted: May 11, 2007 2:59 pm

Pussy or poopshoot? this is answered somewhere above

Pork or beef? b33f!

Blowjob or rimjob? the blow job is the most crucial of jobs

Hard liquor or beer? beer is the most crucial beverage known to man. i wouldnt wanna live in a world without beer
Posted: May 11, 2007 3:15 pm

I know you're not kidding about Voodoo Party, Joe. I always admired you for your absolute liberal standards when the Works of artists are concerned, but kickin it to this motha is even to liberal for me. Holy mother of god.

huh?
Posted: May 11, 2007 6:39 pm

duh
Posted: May 11, 2007 7:02 pm

Someone send BJ two K's of very good coke asap. This is not funny anymore. What a whining little snotnose he became without his Dick.
BJ rules?
Ha.
BJ snores in a lazyboy like an old fart in a bad sitcom.
Posted: May 11, 2007 7:29 pm

huh?
Posted: May 12, 2007 3:02 am

Desiree Cousteau or Lisa Deleeuw? and don't cop out and say Seka was the most crucial...
Posted: May 12, 2007 7:45 am

This is a real serious one for me. I hate one of 'm, and adore the other, so be gentil:

Green Acres or I dream of Jeannie
Posted: May 12, 2007 7:51 am

i'm all green acres, now that i'm over the genie thing.

green acres is like chess or something.
Posted: May 12, 2007 8:12 am

so eric.... now is it samantha? or arnold ziffel?
Posted: May 12, 2007 2:21 pm

The Gonz = most crucial skater ever?
Posted: May 12, 2007 5:05 pm

i'm all green acres, now that i'm over the genie thing.

green acres is like chess or something.

YES! But it's hard to stop looking at Genie's rack.
Posted: May 12, 2007 6:25 pm

it's the stomach and yes to green acres and yes to chess (or gabor's chest)
Posted: May 12, 2007 7:22 pm

Green Acres still rules!!!
Posted: May 12, 2007 8:07 pm

Jeffersons or Sandford and Son?
Posted: May 13, 2007 6:02 am

Crucial or not: Stone Roses
(factor post-band plane bannings & jail time, in the crucialness)

most crucial missed high school threesome, you with the two main heathers, or with the two hottest 'minorities', or trash, or in my case one thick asian and one busty black gal.

crucial or not: psychotic pineapple: "where's the party?"

least crucial: kid n play or james todd smith?
Posted: May 13, 2007 4:31 pm

least crucial: kid n play or james todd smith?

I'm not CrucialDude, but James Todd Smith was crucial as fuck all the way up to Mama Said Knock You Out.
Posted: May 14, 2007 4:34 am

damn dude - i still rock the motherfucking bells -- Radio is one of the most crucial lps ever
Posted: May 14, 2007 5:08 am | Edited by: jahna

lee marvin is a real man's real man and totally more crucial than charles bronson.

As usual, right on target.

Charles Bronson

Has anyone named an album Man Dom yet?

Lee Marvin

"He's dreamy."
Posted: May 14, 2007 3:12 pm

Radio
That intro to "Rock the Bells" is super def, the rest of it is still good but I feel that the best part of the song is the beginning and the rest is a sort of let down.
Posted: May 14, 2007 3:30 pm

This is a real serious one for me. I hate one of 'm, and adore the other, so be gentil:

Green Acres or I dream of Jeannie

Green Acres all the way -- i gotta pull out my Elvis Hitler Green Haze record and get busy

Jeffersons or Sandford and Son?
Sandford and Son wins out - more crucial than the Jeffersons, honkey

crucial or not: psychotic pineapple: "where's the party?"
Psychotic Pineapple is totally crucial -- actually one of the 1st punk records i ever bought - there it was at Peaches Records in Little Rock and i just couldn't resist that cover
Posted: May 14, 2007 3:46 pm

As usual, right on target.

Except for that whole Eddie Money thing...

Flinstones or Jetsons?
Posted: May 14, 2007 6:30 pm

bazooka joe out or bazooka joe at home?
Posted: May 14, 2007 6:59 pm

bazooka joe out or bazooka joe at home?

either way it's a party - and it's totally crucial to see him oot and aboot but if you've ever partyed with bazooka at home you'd see why he never bothers to go out.
Posted: May 14, 2007 7:07 pm

CrucialDude is the coolest. Thanks bro.
Posted: May 15, 2007 1:00 am

Desiree Cousteau or Lisa Deleeuw? and don't cop out and say Seka was the most crucial...
Posted: May 15, 2007 2:56 am

CrucialDude,

Since you rock the Countdown to Ecstasy ...

Grammy-winning "Two Against Nature": Crucial or not?
Posted: May 15, 2007 12:32 pm

The Gonz = most crucial skater ever?
crucial but no - the most crucial skater ever ain't gonna be some professional -- the most crucial skater ever is just some kid having fun
Posted: May 15, 2007 3:21 pm

between these two i'm going to say Desiree Cousteau is the more crucial. although there are some more interesting sounding titles in Lisa Deleeuw's filmogrophy
Posted: May 15, 2007 4:00 pm

Grammy-winning "Two Against Nature": Crucial or not?

oh god no -- i havent actually heard it but to quote an authority on things non-crucial, Mr Jerry Fallwell "You don't have to take the cap off a sewer to know it stinks"
Posted: May 15, 2007 4:50 pm

More crucial geriatric;

C. Everett Koop or Wilford Brimley?
Posted: May 15, 2007 5:14 pm

More crucial geriatric;

C. Everett Koop or Wilford Brimley?

Why does Wilford Brimley have purple underwear?
because he's got grape nuts!
Posted: May 15, 2007 5:19 pm

Ha!!!
Posted: May 15, 2007 5:55 pm | Edited by: mikesniper

I just wanted to say I love the return of the phrase "Begs to Eggs."

If anyone wants the reference, CrucialDude will elaborate. It's a crucial situation.
Posted: May 15, 2007 6:12 pm

whoa -- i made a jerry falwell non-crucial reference and look what happens
http://www.komotv.com/news/national/7514137.html

ossum
Posted: May 15, 2007 6:23 pm

Thats pretty damn weird!!!
Posted: May 15, 2007 8:12 pm

http://www.komotv.com/news/national/7514137.html

ossum

i noticed that before you posted. crazings.

everybody, if crucialdude randomly mentions you, you have mere minutes to stick your head twixt your legs and k.y.a.g.b.
Posted: May 15, 2007 9:41 pm

You killed him. Crucial.
Posted: May 15, 2007 10:00 pm

I thought I was just having fun submitting the random query as to the best choice between candy, theme songs, etc..

Now I know I've been dabbling in something much more powerful. Crucial.
Posted: May 15, 2007 10:21 pm

i will try and wield this ossom power with ossum responsibility
but i would like to take this opportunity to point out that pat robertson is also an authority on things non-crucial
Posted: May 17, 2007 12:06 am

chacos or tevas?
Posted: May 17, 2007 12:07 am

donkey or the goat at freedom fest?
Posted: May 17, 2007 5:55 am

Buzzcocks or Magazine?
Posted: May 17, 2007 2:59 pm

chacos or tevas?

Chaco Tacos are kinda crucal but jesus sandles, no way

donkey or the goat at freedom fest?
bray!
Brayx2!
bray?

Buzzcocks or Magazine?
oh shit! buzzcocks are like cheeseburgers for me - i need a fix at least once a week. magazine's cool and all but the buzzcocks are beyond crucial.
Posted: May 17, 2007 3:35 pm

Buzzcocks or Magazine?

greatest punk UK bands

undertones
buzzcocks
wire
pistols
Posted: May 17, 2007 3:35 pm

dentist or proctologist?
Posted: May 17, 2007 3:36 pm

date a republican or a shemale?
Posted: May 17, 2007 3:59 pm

greatest punk UK bands

undertones

even though they're from Derry - the Undertones will always be an Irish band to me - not a uk band
Posted: May 17, 2007 6:09 pm

dentist or proctologist?

keeping a positive dental outlook is totally crucial, dude.
Posted: May 17, 2007 11:41 pm

U.S. or Europe?
Posted: May 18, 2007 4:36 am

US dentists, belgium proctologists, Albanian ho's

irish/shmirish: the undertones are universal...

this how i teach my classes

cleavage in the front, sullen gangbangers in the back

or is that

liquor in the rear, poker in the front?

what do you call a closet full of lesbians?

a liquor cabinet
Posted: May 18, 2007 5:02 am

Inflammable Material is easily better than anything the Buzzcocks or the Undertones have ever done.
Posted: May 18, 2007 11:03 am

Def Under, not necessarily Buzz. But I feel ya.
Posted: May 18, 2007 3:18 pm

you can pry my buzzcock out of your stiff little fingers
Posted: May 18, 2007 3:41 pm

you can pry my stiff little buzzcock from under my tone fingers
Posted: May 18, 2007 3:43 pm

haha, your buzzcock is little.
Posted: May 18, 2007 3:49 pm

irish curse
Posted: May 18, 2007 4:26 pm

please wire RE clash bet stiff little fingers and the damned dead boys
Posted: May 18, 2007 5:11 pm | Edited by: Angus Scrimm

Crucial Dude,

What is the more crucial backyard sport:

Croquet, or badminton?

Summers coming up, I don't wanna engage in any competition that isn't abcolutely crucial.
Posted: May 18, 2007 5:17 pm

what about bocce, and i have my dart board in the back yard so technically back yard sport.
Posted: May 18, 2007 7:30 pm

jarts?
Posted: May 18, 2007 7:50 pm

Despite the cornholing craze with the kids these days i think bocce ball may be the most crucial backyard sport. of the ones listed it's the only one you can do well without having to put your drink down - and that's crucial.
Posted: May 18, 2007 7:52 pm

a roomate that bangs your girlfriend or a roomate thats totally nuts?
Posted: May 18, 2007 8:18 pm

if your roomate's a chick this is a no-brainer. hot girl on girl action is aways more crucial that a nutty chick.
but if your roomate's a dude it could be a different story - most of my dude friends and former roomates are nuts and that's fine - but having the roomie bang your chick reminds me of my old roomate horror story -- i lived with this dude for like 9 months and noticed that his toothbrush was never ever used - always dry and in the same place. anyways one day he tells me i'm disgusting because i never brush my teeth (he noticed the same thing) -- turns out we were both using the same toothbrush the whole time. banging your roomates girl is like using his toothbrush, and that aint so crucial.
Posted: May 18, 2007 8:26 pm

you should be changing your brush every three months anyway.
Posted: May 18, 2007 8:31 pm

You should ALWAYS dip your room mate's tooth brush in the toilet.Every chance you get.
Posted: May 18, 2007 8:50 pm

you should be changing your brush every three months anyway.

this was when i was like 20 and hadn't yet fully developed my positive dental outlook (i was focused more on benching my weight in those days)
Posted: May 18, 2007 8:57 pm

my grill is fucked AND i'm outta shape, so what do i know?

You should ALWAYS dip your room mate's tooth brush in the toilet.Every chance you get.

word.
Posted: May 18, 2007 9:46 pm

see if you can get a 2fer1 deal on dental and pec implants, brah
Posted: May 18, 2007 9:47 pm

All I can say is DCR...you went on tour at the right time dude. I admit the first scenario sucked.

However, callin the cops to extract your crazy roommate and then having him threaten you is a whole different kind of shitty experience. I wrote him this note and taped it on the door for whenever he comes back. I'm hoping they just keep him in the pokey until his three days is up and we can just throw his shit in the road. Fuckin A.
Posted: May 18, 2007 11:50 pm

hang with george foreman and then go 15 with him
Posted: May 19, 2007 12:00 am

C_Dude:

union carbide
or
the soundtrack of our lives
Posted: May 19, 2007 12:40 am

hammieth or gluteth?
pecth or abth?
Posted: May 19, 2007 1:47 am

buttikas maximas
Posted: May 19, 2007 10:51 am

The last 10 years

or

The next 10 years?
Posted: May 19, 2007 10:53 am

- always dry and in the same place. anyways one day he tells me i'm disgusting because i never brush my teeth (he noticed the same thing) -- turns out we were both using the same toothbrush the whole time

Awwwwww......shit!
Posted: May 20, 2007 1:49 am

Spiderman 3 or x-mas vacation?
Posted: May 20, 2007 5:14 am

More Crucial:

Match Game -or- Hobo Wars?
Posted: May 20, 2007 9:03 pm

HEAD or Teenage Head
Posted: May 20, 2007 9:03 pm

or road head
Posted: May 21, 2007 4:06 pm

buttikas maximas

"the fag getth it!"
Posted: May 22, 2007 5:54 pm

union carbide
or

aint none of this shit even on the crucial radar, dude

The last 10 years
or
The next 10 years?

it's all an illusion man, the past, the future -- the only thing that matters is the here and now (crucial zen dude)

HEAD or Teenage Head
if i were to heed my above advice and live in the here and now i'd prob say HEAD is more crucial. but when i was a wee little punk rocker i came across a picture/interview of TEENAGE HEAD that was so totally badass i became a fan before i even heard 'em. i was not disappointed when i finally did hear them. anyways, based on my long history of love for Teenage Head i gotta say they're more crucial than Head (who i admittely hadnt heard until their latest album which is fucking awesome and you should buy it now)
Posted: May 23, 2007 6:08 pm

union carbide
or
aint none of this shit even on the crucial radar, dude

i think your radar needs some adjustments
Posted: May 23, 2007 6:38 pm

sorry - i guess some of the more stoogey Union Carbide Prod stuff is ok - which makes them more crucial than STOOL - who i never heard anything by that grabbed me
i would prob like this stuff live with the right drugs (of course i'm very easily entertained when the right drugs are involved)
Posted: May 23, 2007 10:09 pm

turns out we were both using the same toothbrush the whole time.

GROSS
Posted: May 24, 2007 2:57 pm

CrucialDude, please provide me with the crucial level of Fugazi.

Also, which is more crucial BBQ Fritos or Cool Ranch Doritos?
Posted: May 24, 2007 4:19 pm

CrucialDude, please provide me with the crucial level of Fugazi.

Also, which is more crucial BBQ Fritos or Cool Ranch Doritos?

fugazi had their crucial moment when they started out and you could see ian in action again after mouring the loss of minor threat and waiting room was a cool song at the time but even back in the late 80s it was kind of a let down to learn the 'fuck you' showdown between ian and audience dude was staged and happened the same way in each city -- and then they got all self-righteous and ian sorta turned into a minor league Bono. as always - Poison Idea was right.

BBQ Fritos sorta fake the funk - Cool Ranch Doritos are totally more crucial, dude
Posted: May 24, 2007 4:24 pm

it was kind of a let down to learn the 'fuck you' showdown between ian and audience dude was staged and happened the same way in each city

is there a link to a story about this?
Posted: May 24, 2007 6:33 pm | Edited by: CrucialDude

dude i dunno it was the 80's - there was no internet -- just the punk rock gossip mill -- and you'd talk about shows with people and bring up the person yelling 'fuck you' to the band and ian stopping the show and saying 'no fuck you, sir' or whatever the fuck it was and then finding out the exact same exchange happened Dallas, Florida and elsewhere
Posted: May 24, 2007 6:39 pm

I saw them in '90, right around the time of Repeater. Nothing that retarded happened, but it was a great show.
Posted: May 24, 2007 7:05 pm

This shows how crucial Fugazi was in the beginning, but they were nowhere near this good when I saw them years later:

Posted: May 24, 2007 10:15 pm

i saw them three times in late 80's/early 90's

they were great and always seemed spontaneous and emotional

rev ian WLD dress down the more crazed front row moshers--who wld not; people were getting fucked up and hurt--but mostly it was about the music

everyone sweated
Posted: May 29, 2007 4:36 pm | Edited by: Angus Scrimm

Crucial Dude!!!

Crucial or not crucial; SEAT BELT LAWS???

(I got pulled over for this on Saturday)
Posted: May 29, 2007 4:38 pm

SEAT BELT LAWS???

In Pennsylvania you get pulled over and ticketed for not wearing a seatbelt, but they have NO motorcycle helmet laws.
Posted: May 29, 2007 4:43 pm

NO motorcycle helmet laws

That just seems screwed up. I know they have given enough warnings about the seat belt thing with all the commercials," Coast to coast, cops ar cracking down....blah blah blah".

...but I feel suspicious about it. Do they really care if I crack my skull on the windshield? Or is it just another way to rake in some extra bucks???
Posted: May 29, 2007 4:50 pm

Buckling Up is crucial but seat belt laws blow - cops should only be able to pull you over if youre seriously fucking up and are a danger to others on the road. they shouldn't be able to stop you for bullshit like no seatbelt.
Posted: May 29, 2007 4:55 pm

cops should only be able to pull you over if youre seriously fucking up

Thats how I feel. Lucky for me I have no conscience and while the cop was approaching my car I hurried and buckled the lap part of the seat belt and put my arm over the shoulder part. I told the cop I had a sunburn and was wearing the belt like that because it was more comfortable.

He ended up just giving me a warning for the seatbelt. I was still pissed though.
Posted: May 29, 2007 11:21 pm

Lucky for me I have no conscience
liar.
Posted: May 31, 2007 3:35 pm

dude i dunno it was the 80's - there was no internet -- just the punk rock gossip mill -- and you'd talk about shows with people and bring up the person yelling 'fuck you' to the band and ian stopping the show and saying 'no fuck you, sir' or whatever the fuck it was and then finding out the exact same exchange happened Dallas, Florida and elsewhere

Sad, and hilarious. I think when I saw 'em once in Dallas they did that routine but some guy threw a shoe at them. They pulled out the famous envelope with the $5 bill in it and gave the dude the boot.

What would be the point of staging this? Myth-making by way of extreme self-righteousness? I thought this was amazing but now I'm not so sure...
Posted: Jun 1, 2007 7:10 pm

CrucialDude: Which is the most crucial wah wah pedal?
And which is the most crucial song featuring the wah wah?
Posted: Jun 1, 2007 8:06 pm

CrucialDude: Which is the most crucial wah wah pedal?
And which is the most crucial song featuring the wah wah?

i'm pretty limited in wah experience - i've played a morley, some crybabys and a few vox wahs. i think the Vox is the most crucial - it's the simpliest, most shit-fi of the bunch.
when i showed up at the first shop fronts practice with my vox wah i was immediately nixed. denied the wah. i guess it was good because it made me work harder, i was using the wah to mask my ineptitude. it turns out my ineptitude is the best thing i got going for myself as a guitar player.

anyways, most crucial song featuring the wah wah? my immediate reaction was to think of a Monks song since i remember from the book about Jimi Hendrix being influenced by Gary's wah -- but to tell the truth as i run Monks songs thru my head (i'm at work with no monk's records) theres no wah standing out in my head.
when i think of awesome wah guitar i think of Eddie Hazel. and the most crucial wah wah jam is without a doubt Maggot Brain.
Posted: Jun 1, 2007 9:09 pm | Edited by: stealth387

Thanks CrucialDude.
For myself the most crucial wah wah jams are Munehiro Narita's bands and this track titled "Wah Wah (Instrumental)" I think it's by Jimi.

I heard a Crybaby advertisement today which made me want to try one out.
Posted: Jun 3, 2007 7:06 am

SEAT BELT LAWS???

In Pennsylvania you get pulled over and ticketed for not wearing a seatbelt, but they have NO motorcycle helmet laws.

Wearing a helmet or a seat-belt = crucial.

Making laws to protect you from yourself = moronic.
Posted: Jun 5, 2007 11:19 pm | Edited by: TOMMY

COAT HANGERS OR WHISKEY?
Posted: Jun 8, 2007 3:00 am

crucial or not crucial: posting on the "correct" forum
Posted: Jun 8, 2007 3:30 am

crucial or not crucial:bitching about people posting on the "wrong" forum
Posted: Jun 8, 2007 2:56 pm

crucial or not crucial: posting on the "correct" forum

yeah, technically the latest paris hilton news shouda been in the 'new releases' forum - but whatev

bitchin about posts being in the wrong forum aint crucial -- scott should be pronouncing his gayness in every forum
Posted: Jun 8, 2007 2:58 pm

COAT HANGERS OR WHISKEY?

i been meaning to hear this new COAT HANGERS band but no band can take on whiskey - whiskey is the devil and that's about as crucial as it gets
Posted: Jun 8, 2007 8:27 pm

whiskey is the devil and that's about as crucial as it gets

TRUE. BUT I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE KIND OF COAT HANGERS YOU ABORT WITH, OR HANG STUFF ON.
Posted: Jun 8, 2007 8:58 pm

Coat Hangers remind me of the "no more wire hangers" scene from Mommy Dearest -- which sorta makes me question my sexuality - so the whole notion of coat hangers kinda makes me uncomfortable

but this is indeed the coolest band log ever created
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/PaddyBullocks/coathanger.jpg
Posted: Jun 15, 2007 4:19 am

Rogers or Loggins?
Posted: Jun 15, 2007 2:49 pm

Rogers or Loggins?

the rogers' song actually added to the Big Lewbowski whereas Caddyshack survived despite the loggins' song - so i'm gonna say rogers is the more crucal kenny
Posted: Jun 15, 2007 4:43 pm

Rogers or Loggins?
what about "danger zone"? top gun would have suffered greatly without it. not to mention "meet me halfway" from the over the top soundtrack.
Posted: Jun 15, 2007 4:56 pm

yeah but there was an entire movie based on the Gambler -- not even Footlose can claim that
Posted: Jun 15, 2007 5:18 pm

shit, how could i have forgotten footloose. *bows out*
Posted: Jun 15, 2007 8:24 pm

CrucialDude, you are a God among men.
Posted: Jun 15, 2007 8:27 pm

not even Footlose can claim that

uhhh, it's pretty much in the same league as the gambler, as far as being based on a song by a kenny, unless i'm missing something.
Posted: Jun 15, 2007 8:47 pm

footlose the movie wasnt based on an existing kenny song -- the song was written for the movie -- whereas the gambler was a song that inspired a movie (i think that also happened with billie joe mcalister's adventure on the tallahache bridge)
Posted: Jun 16, 2007 4:12 am

I think Loggins' hits-to-misses ratio is much higher than Rogers' (hello, failed fast food chain!)
Posted: Jun 16, 2007 9:12 pm

hello, failed fast food chain

yet another inspiration for the screen -- remember kramer's tragic love affair with kenny roger's chicken
Posted: Jun 19, 2007 12:21 am

remember kramer's tragic love affair with kenny roger's chicken

it spawned my own...
Posted: Jun 19, 2007 6:00 pm

whoa! i have just been informed that not only did kenny inspire the Gambler movie and an episode of Seinfeld -- but 'Coward of the County' was also made into a made for tv movie in 1981. top that, loggins!
Posted: Jun 19, 2007 6:04 pm

and finally lest we forget -- kenny's inspiration to the web

http://www.menwholooklikekennyrogers.com/
Posted: Jun 19, 2007 10:52 pm

this thread took a weird turn
Posted: Jun 20, 2007 3:21 pm

this thread took a weird turn

indeed
i'll take messina because he was member of two great bands (buff; Poco--we love you Rev Richie), did side by side session work with the great leon russell which connects him back to goofy looking phil, wrote a song for Nitty Gritty's first LP, an underrated lp if there ever was one, and had a cool surf beginning

kenny rogers is a 1980's neil diamond with a beard

and footloose sucks

NEXT!!!!
Posted: Jun 20, 2007 3:22 pm

early neil diamond or early david gates??

and i found out you live in nearby jersey city so think before you answer!

love, weehawken willie
Posted: Jun 20, 2007 3:38 pm

weehawken is the reason that jefferson's dead

this thread needs to get back to some crucial punk rockings!

but to the question at hand -- i'm not familiar enough with the life and times of david gates to segment his career into periods -- really all i know is he was in Bread and wrote that "if a picture paints a thousand words" song -- (which gave Telly Savalis a #1 hit in england!)
but back in my young punk rocker days in little rock i remember doing acid with some members of our one local HC band and somehow we wound up listening to neil diamond and dude with piss-yellow mohawk was just loving it - i thought it was ironic at first but dude was in neil heaven rocking out to Chelsea Morning. it was contageous -- i will always rock Chelsea Morning
plus if we're talking early Diamond - his first hit was 'Solitary Man' which Johnny Cash fucking killed (in the best possible way) so that shit is totally crucial.
in short - early Neil Diamond is totally more crucial than any period of David Gates.
Posted: Jun 20, 2007 3:43 pm

hamilton

jefferson died while raping his slaves
Page  Page 2 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®