Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / If the best part of a hardcore song is the breakdown...
Posted: Mar 30, 2007 4:54 pm

How about incorporate breakdowns into power pop songs? This could be sweet. Instead of some sludgy guitar playing dirty riffs, the guy with a Rickenbacker would kinda play the same style of parts, but it'd sound more fun. And instead of some the hardcore dude's scowl, the power pop guy or girl would be smiling while playing the part. This could work. And, before the breakdown, maybe someone could blow a whistle, so just in case you didn't know the breakdown was coming, you'd be alerted.
Posted: Mar 30, 2007 5:06 pm

hahaha, i just wrote a song today that has a part like that and i'm wondering if it's gonna work! it's not really powerpop, but the "breakdown" is gonna have a stupid monksy melody and that's supposed to be fun...blah blah etc - i'll put some shit on myspace soon, if the song turns out good i'll show you!
Posted: Mar 30, 2007 6:10 pm

I was working on a riff the other day that was kind of a rock n roll/power pop breakdown, the rhythm anyway, which is what counts
Posted: Mar 30, 2007 6:50 pm

fuck powerpop.......and Rickenbackers.....
Posted: Mar 30, 2007 6:52 pm

fuck break downs, more songs need rave ups!!!
propane propane...
Posted: Mar 30, 2007 8:07 pm

Motorhead aint got no breakdowns. You've been either smokin' too much weed, listening to garbage, or both.
Posted: Mar 30, 2007 8:08 pm

listening to garbage

I vote this one!!
Posted: Mar 30, 2007 8:08 pm

Motorhead's never gonna break down....No Sleep till Hammersmith!!
Posted: Mar 30, 2007 8:18 pm

fuck powerpop

hell yes.
Posted: Mar 30, 2007 8:21 pm

You've been either smokin' too much weed, listening to garbage, or both.

i don't believe you. you're a liar.
Posted: Mar 30, 2007 8:27 pm

Priest!!!! the SINNER has a great break down. I forgot that not all breakdowns are bad, just MOST OF THEM!
Posted: Mar 30, 2007 8:39 pm

not the sinner...but this video fucking rules!!
You can rob a bank with guitars......
Posted: Mar 30, 2007 10:14 pm

this shit is hilarious
Posted: Mar 31, 2007 12:08 am

yeah.....Brian Posehn rules!
Posted: Apr 1, 2007 8:46 am

fuck break downs, more songs need rave ups!!!

Fuck yeah...if your band can master the art of the rave-up, your time on this planet is MADE.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®