Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / These are the real heroes
Mr E Train
Posted: Dec 11, 2003 7:25 pm

http://salon.com/ent/wire/2003/12/11/hall_oates/index.html
Pear
Posted: Dec 11, 2003 8:50 pm

It's about time. Eric have you heard the new Daryl Hall solo stuff? Not so good.
Society Paige
Posted: Dec 11, 2003 10:51 pm

Someone please help me convince Bo and Valerie to dress up as Hall and Oates next Halloween. I had no luck with 'em this year.
Mr E Train
Posted: Dec 11, 2003 10:54 pm

John Oates' recent solo stuff is supposed to be pretty bad too. Haven't heard any of it, but the album name "Phunk Shui" is about all the information I need to pass judgment.
eric o
Posted: Dec 11, 2003 11:02 pm

phunk shui sounds good to me! that has to be about the worst title ever. if that was a joke, good joke.

is the short one mustachioed now?

think of how ahead of their time they were- "private eyes, they're watching you. they see your every move."

so true.

Pear
Posted: Dec 11, 2003 11:08 pm

What's that H2O song that was on the Bad Times LP?
dangerouspinkie
Posted: Dec 12, 2003 6:37 pm

i have nothing to add, just covering myself for shooting my mouth off in another thread.

I LOVE HALL AND OATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Dale
Posted: Dec 12, 2003 8:19 pm

There was a commercial from about 5 years or so ago when John Oates is in the recording studio and he says to his band "Sounds great guys. I'll give it a listen on my Infinty speakers" then it shows him driving around in his car.

Obviuosly it didn't sound very good or it needed some work cuz it took him all this time to get it finished.

Chris O
Posted: Dec 12, 2003 10:05 pm

my dad had this LP when i was a kid and it freaked me out

CS Eunuch
Posted: Dec 13, 2003 12:14 am

"Phunk Shui" was named "Least Essential" by The Onion. Philistines.

http://www.theonionavclub.com/3948/feature1.html

uleeshuh
Posted: Dec 13, 2003 1:24 am

Q. Why did the farmer quit his job and start playing in a punk rock band?

A. He was sick of haullin' oats.

Pear
Posted: Dec 13, 2003 1:26 am

If you're going to steal his jokes give credit where it's due, this is why he's not successful on the comedy circuit because of plagiarists like you.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®