Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / some funny shit this morning
creepydrifter
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 7:56 pm

i'm on my way to school today and as i'm turning onto damen ave i see this rusted out mid-80s mexi-minivan with a virgin mary spare tire cover and with vinyl, self adhesive lettering(the kind you get from the school supply section of a drug store) and a plastic box bolted to the roof that had "service van #4" written on it for a local ISP. man, homes, day'll hook chu up wit' some'dat internet chit and sell you tacos and tamales....i guess you had to be there.
moody prick
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 8:40 pm

Let's hope there was a cooler full of fresh tamales on the front seat. I love that shit, when people get all entrepreneurial, but mix things up in a real "original" way. Asian lady down the street has a pet food store with video games.
creepydrifter
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 8:54 pm

i think they do brake work also.
schmatt
Posted: Dec 4, 2003 5:33 am

a Mexican dude sold me a pepper flavored (no shit chile flavored) popsicle not too long ago, it loked a little wierd and when I asked what flavor it was he said "ice cream". My friends bought cherry and grape ones but I had to get the one that was about the same hue as ice tea. Just thought since we were on the topics of Mexicans, food, and salesmanship I would let you all in on that. That popsicle fucking sucked, and it burned, (almost forgot that part).
Chubby Asian
Posted: Dec 4, 2003 4:17 pm

Wow , there is a mexican ice cream man in my neighborhood too, and him and his brothers do brake work also. I never realized that the mexicans had the ice cream and brake market cinched up. They're pretty cool. They have a lot of traffic come in and ot of their house, but no one leaves their car to get the brakes fixed, must be getting ice cream. One day when I was leaving my house I had on some baggy pants(needed to do laundry) and he yelled from across the street " eyyy , what up my Chigger " and he gave a free spiderman pop.
Dale
Posted: Dec 4, 2003 5:54 pm

Arman,
There's a few good van's in your neighborhood. What's up with that one with Warren Beatty painted on the side.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Dec 4, 2003 6:24 pm

In Panama Icecream men ride bikes that have coolers attached to the front....and they get in fist fights over people trying to cut in on thier rout. I witnessed it once or twice.

Always choose lime.

Scott
Posted: Dec 5, 2003 3:49 am

I saw two mimes get in a fight over turf in New Orleans once.
fierydrunk
Posted: Dec 5, 2003 6:36 am

Warren Beatty from WHAT era????
creepydrifter
Posted: Dec 5, 2003 9:27 am

the one dale is talking about is a 'squatty': this sort of custom manufactured van that is pretty much a camper, but this one in particular is owned by this weirdo christian dude that has the image of warren beaty from the 'heaven can wait' movie poster painted on the side. pretty good rendering actually.
creepydrifter
Posted: Dec 5, 2003 9:29 am

oh yeah...new orleans..."the 9th ward power rearranger"
fierydrunk
Posted: Dec 5, 2003 1:09 pm

That was exactly the image of Mr. Beatty I pictured. Head hung in his grey sweatsuit.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®