Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Christmas Music in the Office
fierydrunk
Posted: Dec 2, 2003 10:50 pm

Isn't it against my constitutional rights to have to be listening to CHRISTMAS MUSIC being piped in from an adjoining cubicle in my state office building???

It is so loud I can hear the lyrics too.

razor a go go
Posted: Dec 2, 2003 11:04 pm

headphones are truly a life saver in the world of cubicles (though they still do not drown out the loud-talker who loves college sports, children's sports, and talking on the phone about mini-van repair and his son's feet problems. HEADPHONES!
fierydrunk
Posted: Dec 2, 2003 11:22 pm

Does anyone know if I can just plug the headphones into my harddrive w/o having external speakers and hear a CD? My Discman got jacked in my poor lil car break in last week.

I love how the witch turned it off for the lunch hour though...ahhhh.

This is the same woman who is perenially "sick" who always makes me help her with the internet and also makes me crawl under her desk to pick up tacks and shit for her cos I'm "SOOOOOO TINY"!!!!!!

razor a go go
Posted: Dec 2, 2003 11:36 pm

that is horrible. tell her to get a fucking magnet and pick up her own damn shit.

you should be able to plug your headphones into the front jack directly into the CD drive. you just need to go into your volume control and mute all, so it doesn't come through on speakers. my piece of shit computer has needed a new CD ROM for 19 months. i need to start submitting battery receipts for reimbursement. fuckers.

fierydrunk
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 12:47 am

Now I am sounding like the online equivalent of my next door cubicle mate, but is the volume control in the "Control Panel" options?

Thanks Razor!

razor a go go
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 12:56 am

you can control the CD volume by going into control panel-->multimedia and then click on the CD tab. The speaker volume control mixer thing is usually just a speaker at the bottom right of the screen, near the time. You can probably get to it through the control panel/multimedia option too. sorry if that is unreadable. long day.
SonicG
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 5:08 am

Can't you blast back with yr. own X-mas tunes??
Lazy Cowgirls- Sock it to me Santa
The Creamers- Father Christmas
Fear- Fuck Chrsitmas
(Since peeps on this board seem to be digging them mucho lately) CRASS- Merry Crassmas
Maybe the Feederz "Jesus entering from the rear" counts? The Yobs X-mas album
Hanoi Rocks "Dead by Christmas"

But that Kinks one the Creamers cover just rules:
"Father Christmas/ Give me the money/ Save your toys/ For all the rich boys"
...or similar thereof

Womb Raider
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 5:35 am

uhoh, the floodgates are open now..

Christmas at K-Mart!!!

fierydrunk
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 5:38 am

OH YES!!! This can be my ultimate revenge...instead of grousing like a lil beeyatch.

This is gonna be awesome. She asked the Korean woman on the other side of her today, "Kim, I hope you don't mind listening to Christmas songs...",assuming Kim was some sort of "funny" religion.

joe danger
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 6:56 am

james brown's 'santa go straight to the ghetto' .didn't rudy ray moore have a christmas album?
kevin e
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 8:54 am

There was a Christmas music thread on here last year. I just downloaded A Phil Spector Christmas and damn is that good.
SonicG
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 9:01 am

I just saw that Gulcher put out a comp. for the Holidays-(I have no connection with them but I'll post all the info. as a public service type dealy.)
Happenin' holiday music from 16 Gulcher artists including
Thundertrain's MACH BELL; GIZMOS Kenne Highland
(Vatican Sex Kittens), Eddie Flowers (Crawlspace), Ted
Niemiec, and Phil Hundley (back for his second helping
of Snerts); the MX-80 SOUND Family of Angel Corpus
Christi, Rich Stim, and MX-80 themselves; UK Power Pop
from the STIFFS, MONSTERPOP, and the AUTOMATICS;
Bill McCarter's STALINGRAD SYMPHONY; Ken Kaiser's
X-RAY TANGO and, from '78 with Highland, THE KORPS;
Bloomington's Walking Ruins; and from San Francisco
everyone's favorite queers, PANSY DIVISION!!

Sixteen Holiday Rockers!!
Thirteen Previously Unreleased!!
Twelve Original Songs!!
You'll have a VERY GULCHER CHRISTMAS this year!!

Arturo
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 9:26 am

theres a Pac Man Christmas album.
Clint
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 11:32 am

How come no one's mentioned the dogs singing "Jingle Bells" yet? That's the all time greatest novelty record EVER....

"arf arf arf, arf arf arf, arf ARF arf arf-arf"

dropkick
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 11:33 am

There's a Colonel Sanders one too. I was playing it a few christmas' ago and the metalhead I was living with couldn't take it anymore. He said "I'm gonna chuck this fuckin' thing out the window." I deadpanned, "Yeah, go ahead mate." So he did. Xmas lesson: don't deadpan your sarcasm to metalheads. Or play Mario Carts for 10 hours straight while drinking champagne.
SonicG
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 1:26 pm

"Champagne Sunday's OK/ I'm too sick for monday"

Spinal Tap's "Christmas with the Devil" would've placated him (?)
or better yet "Merry Axemas", dude, it jams.

Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 10:39 pm

Champagne Sunday's OK
I'm to sick for Monday
Tuesday don't bug me
Wednesday I'm in love.
Jakey Stiff
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 10:53 pm

Eazy-E's "Merry Muthaphukin Christmas" is always the cure for those yultide blues.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 10:56 pm

my advice is quit your job and eat dirt for Christmass.
oh_sweet_nuthin
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 11:05 pm

Why quit your job Alienator when you can sue??

"An Austrian trade union has claimed the repetitive playing of Christmas Carols in department stores is nothing short of "psycho-terrorism" for salespeople.

From morning to night, for weeks before Christmas, there was the same Christmas music in department stores over and over again, said Gottfried Rieser of the Union of Private Employees.

"Many staff in the retail sector suffer psychologically from it. They get aggressions and aversions against Christmas music. On Christmas Eve with their families, they can't stand Silent Night or Jingle Bells any more," he said."

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/12/03/1070351620873.html

I'd have to argue that my cubicle neighbor's recent conversion to Calvinsim also constitutes 'psycho-terrorsim' but I guess thats I've got 'Let there be Rock' turned up to 10.

--justin

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®