Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Mickey Lee Lane
Posted: Mar 21, 2007 1:15 am

I am trying to find some more songs from him. Only thing I have is him doing Tuitti Fruitti/ With Your Love(I'll Make It Through) 45/ Quality Records, Shaggy Dogg/oo-oo 45 /Swan Records, and Hey Sha Lo Ney on a Candy comp. Oh... and the Zoo on a CD comp Bazooka made me a while back, which I would love to get a 45 of. Song is so wild. That's all I know about him. Is there/ has there ever been a Mickey Lee Lane comp?
Posted: Mar 21, 2007 1:20 am

There was a Mickey Lee Lane comp CD that came out in the early 00's that I used to stock regularly at the store. I don't remember the name of it or what label it was on though. I remember it came in a sorty fancy cardboard packaging.
Posted: Mar 21, 2007 2:20 am

http://koti.mbnet.fi/wdd/mickeyleelane.htm

Mickey Lee Lane
Born: February 2, 1941 in Rochester, NY
1st release (as Mickey & Shonnie Lane) on Brunswick Records in 1958

MICKEY LEE LANE : US SINGLES

BRUNSWICK 9-55098 MICKEY & SHONNIE LANE, THE BRIGHT & EARLY KIDS Daddy's Little Baby / Toasted Love 1958
LAURIE 3071 MICKEY LANE Dum Dee Dee Dum / Night Cap 1960
SWAN 4183 MICKEY LEE LANE Shaggy Dog / Oo-Oo 1964
REO 8785 (Canada) MICKEY LEE LANE Shaggy Dog / Oo-Oo 1964
SWAN 4199 MICKEY LEE LANE The Zoo / (They're All In) The Senior Class 1965
SWAN 4210 (also 4212?) MICKEY LEE LANE Little Girl (I Was Wrong) / When You're In Love 1965
SWAN 4222 MICKEY LEE LANE Hey Sah-Lo-Ney / Of Yesterday 1965
SWAN 4252 MICKEY LEE LANE She Don't Want To / The Only Thing To Do 1966
MALA 12032 MICKEY LEE LANE Tutti Frutti / With Your Love 1968

MICKEY LEE LANE : NON-AMERICAN SINGLES

STATESIDE SS 354 MICKEY LEE LANE Shaggy Dog / Oo-Oo 1964 UK
STATESIDE MSS 2079 MICKEY LEE LANE Shaggy Dog / Oo-Oo 1964 NZ
STATESIDE SS 456 MICKEY LEE LANE Hey Sah-Lo-Ney / Of Yesterday 1965 UK
ROLLERCOASTER RRC 2010 (p/s, promo) MICKEY LEE LANE The Zoo / The Senior Class 199? UK

MICKEY LEE LANE : EP'S

ROLLEROCOASTER RCEP 120 (p/s) ROCK THE BOP!
Shaggy Dog / The Zoo '95 / Rock The Bop / Tutti Frutti / Split 29/47 1995 UK

MICKEY LEE LANE : ALBUMS

ROLLERCOASTER RCCD 3014 ROCKIN' ON...AND BEYOND (CD)
(I Wanna) Rock The Bop Intro/The Senior Class/Shaggy Dog/Oo-Oo/(I Wanna) Rock The Bop/Tears Uncried/She Cried To Me/The Zoo/Little Girl (I Was Wrong)/She Don't Want To/(That's How You'll Know) When You're In Love/Of Yesterday/Theme From Yesterday/Baby What You Want Me To Do/I'm Not Sure...I Still Want You/Bo Doofus/At The Sound Of The Gong.../WMIC Radio Theme/Where It's Rocking/The Zoo '95/Morley Trucks Commercial-Move It On (A Snip)/Put On Your Leather Weather Baby/Coffee And Toast/(Baby) I Wanna Be Loved/Toasted Love/One And One Is Two (by Mickey & Shonnie)/In Love With Love (by 2 Guys And A Gal)/Frank The Frog/Hey Sah-Lo-Ney/Tutti Frutti/Kum Ba Yah/Night Cap/Something To Live/Recording Silence With PPH 1997 UK

MICKEY LEE LANE : COMPILATIONS

BIG GAL GAL-201 V/A: COUGH SYRUP FOR ELVIS IMPERSONATORS (LP)
Shaggy Dog 19?? US
CANDY 002 V/A: TOO MUCH GOIN' ON! 16 YELLPIN' SCALPIN' POW-WOWING TUNES (LP)
The Zoo 19?? US
CANDY 003 V/A: WHIP IT ON 'EM - 16 SOUL STIRRING STOMPERS (LP)
Hey Sah-Lo-Ney 19?? US
THE BIG RUMBLE F 100 V/A: THE BIG RUMBLE (LP)
The Zoo 19??
CANDY CRD 006 V/A: SHAKIN' FIT! - 29 SOUL STORMIN' STOMPERS (CD)
Hey Sah-Lo-Ney 1992 US
BUFFALO BOP BB-CD 55014 V/A: HORROR HOP (CD)
The Zoo 1994 GER
BIG RUMBLE 102 V/A: KILLER DILLAS, VOL.3 (LP)
Shaggy Dog 199? US
KENT CDKEND 120 V/A: SWAN'S SOUL SIDES (CD)
Hey Sah-Lo-Ney 1995 UK
KENT CDKEND 129 V/A: BIG IN WIGAN (CD)
Hey Sah-Lo-Ney 1996 UK
BIG RUMBLE 103 V/A: KILLER DILLAS, VOL.4 (LP)
Tutti Frutti 1996 US
STOMPIN' ST 127 V/A: STOMPIN', VOL.27 (LP)
Hey Sah-Lo-Ney 199? UK
REMEMBER RMB 75102 V/A: ROCKIN' GUITARS AND LIGHTNIN' FINGERS (CD)
Night Cap 1999 BEL
CHEERFUL EARFUL CHEERFUL 00001 V/A: SWINGING AT THE GO GO CLUB (LP)
Shaggy Dog 2002
CASTLE/PULSE PBXCD 355 V/A: ROCK BABY ROCK IT! - RECORD HOP ROCK'N'ROLL (3-CD)
(They're All In The) Senior Class 2003 UK
CASTLE/PULSE PBX CD 356 V/A: MIDNIGHT CRYIN' TIME - TEEN ANGST CLASSICS FROM THE ROCK'N'ROLL ERA (3-CD)
She Cried To Me 2003 UK

Compiled by Pete Hoppula

Published sources: Goldmine Price Guide To 45 Rpm Records (Tim Neely, 2003) | Rare Record Price Guide 2004 (Record Collector, 2002) | Music Master Price Guide For Record Collectors (Nick Hamlyn, 1991)

Online sources: www.allmusic.com | www.recordmaster.com | rcs.law.emory.edu/rcs (Rockin' Country Style) | www.ebay.com | www.gemm.com | www.musicstack.com

www.wangdangdula.com
Posted: Mar 21, 2007 3:04 am

The Zoo is one of the coolest songs ever. Rhinocero-s-s-s-s-sus. Hipoppotamus-s-s-s-s-sus!!
Posted: Mar 21, 2007 4:35 am

Mickey Lee Lane comp?
I got a cd full of his releases
Posted: Mar 21, 2007 7:16 am

ROLLERCOASTER RCCD 3014 ROCKIN' ON...AND BEYOND (CD)
(I Wanna) Rock The Bop Intro/The Senior Class/Shaggy Dog/Oo-Oo/(I Wanna) Rock The Bop/Tears Uncried/She Cried To Me/The Zoo/Little Girl (I Was Wrong)/She Don't Want To/(That's How You'll Know) When You're In Love/Of Yesterday/Theme From Yesterday/Baby What You Want Me To Do/I'm Not Sure...I Still Want You/Bo Doofus/At The Sound Of The Gong.../WMIC Radio Theme/Where It's Rocking/The Zoo '95/Morley Trucks Commercial-Move It On (A Snip)/Put On Your Leather Weather Baby/Coffee And Toast/(Baby) I Wanna Be Loved/Toasted Love/One And One Is Two (by Mickey & Shonnie)/In Love With Love (by 2 Guys And A Gal)/Frank The Frog/Hey Sah-Lo-Ney/Tutti Frutti/Kum Ba Yah/Night Cap/Something To Live/Recording Silence With PPH 1997 UK

Yep! That's the one I was thinking of.
Posted: Mar 21, 2007 7:18 am

"The Zoo" kicks ass...I've only heard that and "Sa-Lo-Ney", I need to find that comp CD!!!
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 1:02 am

Damn Andy, Thanx for laying it all out. I had no idea he had that much stuff. That is great!
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 1:30 am

Thanks for asking or I never would have looked. I didn't know about the comp either!
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 7:43 am

The Mickey Lee Lane CD shouldn't be that hard to find. Order it HERE.
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 5:37 pm

I may need to get that. Lane is awesome. He has a myspace page too
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 1:45 pm

Yeah, I need to get that comp too. I just lost the Hey Shay Lo Ney on ebay. 2 different ones each went for 66 and 67 bucks.
Posted: Mar 24, 2007 12:12 am

it's fan one, im the fan: www.myspace.com/mickeyleelane
Posted: Mar 24, 2007 12:47 am

He's still living in NYC? Where? I gotta find him! That's a great little synopsis along the side there. A bit confusing at times but chock full of info. Am I wrong in thinking that it says that his band backed up the Isleys on Twist & Shout? I gotta find this guy.
Posted: Aug 8, 2011 10:28 am

No, Mickey's band msotly consisted of Mickey himself, many times overdubbing...way before it was in vogue to do so.

Mickey many times played all the instruments on his records, with his assistance from his wife at times...and sometimes even his brothers.
You can hear sister Shonnie in the background on OO-OO, and brother Bernie and Shonnie on Bo Dufus, on the CD. If you listen closely, you can hear me and Bernie on Hey Sah-Lo-Nay, the first song I sang on record. I'm to young guy there trying to sound big and tough!

Mickey played guitar, bass, keys, sax, harmonica, drums, and, actually, anything that was able to make a musical or rhythmic sound..he was quite inventive. He used to fill wine goblets with varying amounts of water..to give each one a different note.

His releases were only a smidge of what he wrote....he wrote hundreds of songs, maybe more. Brother Bernie (who was co-writer on mnay of Mickey's greats) and I are in the process of going through his tapes searching for more of Mickey's great recordings and performances so that they can be released as too few ever found their ways to peoples ears. STAY TUNED!
Posted: Aug 8, 2011 12:35 pm

Looks like the goner board death patrol let one slip through the cracks?
http://www.liherald.com/fivetowns/fivetowns/stories/Musical-performer- Sholom-Mayer-Schreiber-dead-at-70,32125

R.I.P. MLL, love those songs!
Posted: Aug 8, 2011 12:35 pm | Edited by: Jesse Garon

isn't he playing the Norton fest?

oooops, guess not....
Posted: Aug 8, 2011 1:52 pm

Yeah, I didn't want to have to say it.

Life's tough sometimes.......
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®