Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Blackout DVD
toilet paper rocks
Posted: Dec 2, 2003 4:06 am

Thats fucking right. All 3 nights of debauchery on one DVD complete with menus and shit, and Horizontal is gunna help sell it. I'm co-editing this fucker and we have the first 2 nights of the sound board mix to edit to. I dont know if the 3rd night got recorded or not but if anyone has it and wants to hook a brotha up, lemme know. Anyone else that wants to contribute footage, hit me up.
unemployed@thehurtincrue.com
All contributers will get full credit.

Thanks.
Ernie Quintero

Jack Penetrator
Posted: Dec 2, 2003 6:23 am

The..BLACKOUT..was..a..RIOT!!...and from the footage-I've seen so far..Ernie is capturing it well.Are they having the Blackout-again this year??....Holdin'..my breath..till.."Toilet Paper"..arrives!!
kevin e
Posted: Dec 2, 2003 8:38 am

Count me in.

Did anyone end up filming the Oblivians?

eric o
Posted: Dec 2, 2003 9:00 am

count me in, too. into selling/distro if you need it. or whatever.

blackout is a great thing- keep it going!

Arturo
Posted: Dec 2, 2003 6:59 pm

theres a Spits video on their website of "let us play your party" that was filmed at the blackout. good stuff. watch for the skinny kid wearing a puke green shirt over a red shirt onstage. he's a dancing machine!!!
www.thespits.com/music.html
toilet paper rocks
Posted: Dec 2, 2003 8:08 pm

Yeah, that was me that did the Let Us Play video. I just finished a new one from their recent west coast tour. Erin said he was gunna put it up on the site. www.thehurtincrue.com/DONTSHOOT.wmv to check it out before it goes up.
Thanks guys, for the interest.
Human Garbage Disposal
Posted: Dec 2, 2003 10:21 pm

I think the boys of Fungus Boy were at least taping the Spits set from that nite too...hey,different camera angles!

You could probably look up "Fungus Boy" 'zine on Google and find 'em,as i don't rememeber their web address... sorry!

toilet paper rocks
Posted: Dec 2, 2003 10:35 pm

They already sent me that tape. They're also sending some Tyrades, FM Knives, & Clone Defects footage. Thanks dude.
Argh
Posted: Dec 2, 2003 10:52 pm

I work at a distributor. Contact me when it's all done.
Human Garbage Disposal
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 2:31 am

So tpr,did you tape the show at The Smell? If so,how were you able to hold a camera and a sofa over yer haid at the same time?

Pretty badass... i'll contack ya at the email address on yer card!

XO,Joe

zyclon B
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 3:49 am

i know some local joints that are interested in selling the DVD, so drop me a line when the time is near...

-Alva Edison

keepontrash@excite.com

toilet paper rocks
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 4:03 am

Hey Joe, yeah I'm multi-talented and shit.
Everyone wanted to make love to your belly button at the shows dude. I'm sending you guys the edited and raw footage.
Keep Rocking The Belly.
Ernie
toilet paper rocks
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 4:06 am

I'll be contacting everyone interested in selling/distributing the dvd when its done.
If that soundboard mix from the 3rd show is lurking around, lemme know. thanks.
Clif
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 4:15 am

There's no soundboard of the third night.

I did the recordings and I had to work. Couldn't stay. Maybe somebody recorded it other than that? Sorry.

toilet paper rocks
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 5:02 am

Thats cool, thats what I figured since my friend got the soundboard mix straight from Todd. I just had to make sure.
Rev_Dan
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 5:29 pm

Hey, TPR, that video you did for Don't Shoot turned out excellent! Is it just me though, or does it look like there are 2 different drummers in it though? I mean, I know Wayne isn't in the band any longer, but was he in some of that video???
toilet paper rocks
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 11:39 pm

Thanks Dan, that was all the new drummer. All that footage was from 3 shows that The Spits played in 2 days, so thats probably why it looked a little confusing.
Rad Joey Ramone place pics you took by the way.
Dickie Appleshortz
Posted: Dec 4, 2003 12:12 am

Ernie! Calbee just emailed us and he's now living in SF and says he's apparently still working on the video, but it's good to hear that it's not lost. Are you still in contact with him? email us at horizontalaction@hotmail.com if you need his contact info. After he got all the raw DVDs and I tracked down Clif with the first 2 nights audio, I thought he'd just skipped town on us with all the booty. We'll try to find someone for saturday night's audio, but I'm guessing it's gonna be hard to find. We've already got Paypal set up through our website, so please send an advance copy so we can check it out as soon as you can. thankz!
toilet paper rocks
Posted: Dec 4, 2003 1:20 am

Yeah, I've been talking to Calbee a lot lately. I sent him those raw DVD's a while back and I was wondering what happened with that project too. Calbee's editor friend has been lagging so he recruited me to help out. I'm still waiting on the tapes and audio. Once I get 'em, I'll edit the video like a motherfucker and get that right out to you guys.
Fungus Boy
Posted: Dec 4, 2003 1:45 am

Joe the Fungus Boy web site is still not officially online yet (we're lazy). I assure you it's coming soon as well as a new print issue. We did videotape full sets from the Tyrades, FM Knives, Clone Defects, and Spits on the final night. Spits set has great crowd shots of all the insanity.
lollipop blackout
Posted: Dec 11, 2003 11:19 pm

Can I do an audio commentary? With Erroneous Boy, err, I mean, Magnanimous Boy, err, I mean, Anonymous Soy? I could talk about the months of rehearsing that went into my master of ceremonying...
michael bateman
Posted: Dec 12, 2003 12:01 am

I have a copy of some of the Spits set. "gimme sopor" of Goner board/Comas fame has the original. it cuts off when he fell off a stool backwards with camera in hand. Pretty funny.
toilet paper rocks
Posted: Dec 13, 2003 10:09 am

Brian Costello, an audio commentary would be awesome.

Michael Bateman, how could I get a hold of "gimme sopor" to check out that footage?

thanks.

Human Garbage Disposal
Posted: Dec 16, 2003 3:30 am

Hey,you could re-edit the part where gimme falls down into the Let Us Play video,that would be HILARIOUS!!!

Oh,and any lovely ladies that wanna have coitus w/ my gut (or the rest of me) can reach me @ humangarbagedisposal@yahoo.com...

ledisquairebazookajoe
Posted: Dec 16, 2003 4:00 am

You're a twisted fuck and I loves ya!
michael bateman
Posted: Dec 16, 2003 7:42 am

I'll make a copy while the Funky Blackouts are in town tomorrow. I'll tell them to give it to toilet paper rocks.
michael bateman
Posted: Dec 16, 2003 7:44 am

oh- but for a better quality copy: gimmesopor@hotmail.com
toilet paper rocks
Posted: Dec 19, 2003 10:25 pm

I contacted gimme and he's gunna make me a copy. Thanks Bateman.

Joe, you rock!

The FlyrodsRIP
Posted: Dec 23, 2003 9:00 am

I heard there was a DVD of the Athens, Ohio BLACKOUT floating around with live footage of Cool Jerks, This Moment In Black History, Preachers Kids, Geraldine, The Tough And Lovely, Mr. Airplane Man, Demolition Doll Rods, and a bunch more. Anybody seen one or heard the same?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®