Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Stuck in Orlando...
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 11:05 pm

Ugh, two weeks in plastic adventure disney vampire land....Strip mall after closed and "New" strip malls a few blocks from the old one. Any Goners know of anything remotely evil to do here;shows, dive bars, blah blah.....
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 11:39 pm

kill yourself.
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 11:51 pm

when i'm there i stay in my hotel room and get drunk when ever i'm not working
Posted: Mar 20, 2007 12:37 am

What day are you here through?
This wednesday there is a show at Peacock room Derek Lyn Plastic/ Lechers. Even if you dont like his records. They are usually pretty good live, and I've heard the new guitarist adds a lot, plus it should be fun, and you can meet some people to hang out with while you are here. Also at the Crooked Bayou my friend Freddy is spinning records on wednesday. He'll probably spin alot of glam, bubblegum, and garage.Erik from Fashion Fashion will be working my kitchen shift there this week, so if you go order lots of seafood baskets. Not really to much going on right now. Ive been working on the next two records, tour, and the fest so I havent really been doing much. If there are any shows going on at Uncle Lou's while you are here those are defintely worth going to. I'll probably be at both Peacock Room and Crooked Bayou wednesday night so if you find rich I'll buy ya a beer. Oh yeah and while we are at it Disney is in Kissimmee not orlando. I'll give you the strip malls I dont think there is anywhere in Florida that doesnt have them, and as soon as global warming ruins you climate you'll have them to too, so dont laugh to hard
Posted: Mar 20, 2007 1:16 am

I am here till the 30th...brought the four track and dumb machine so smokin weed and gettin wasted in the room isn't all that bad.....Definatly will check out the Peacock room though. THanks
Posted: Mar 20, 2007 3:32 am

Strip mall after closed and "New" strip malls a few blocks from the old one

What is this fixation with the strip mall in Florida and Southern California? You can't tell what businesses are where and they are always on these 6 lane highways that you are flying down and you couldn't read the multistore-signage even if you were standing still right underneath it. Here if the strip mall is not abandoned for the "New" strip mall, they end up spraying it with styrofoam stucco and put a tile roof on it...voila!

Enjoy your stay! I am fine here as long as I am in St. Pete or a few select spots in Tampa.
Posted: Mar 20, 2007 4:17 am

My grandpa lived near Clear Water until he died. I hate everything about Florida except the Sponge Docks. Simply the fucking sweetest place in the USA. I often dream about living on the beach and being a sponge diver. Fucking Awesome. I haven't been back since he died and I miss it a lot.
Posted: Mar 20, 2007 6:08 pm

Did you wanna wear those old style brass scuba helmets?
Posted: Mar 20, 2007 10:29 pm

Thanks! St. Pete???is that far from Orlando? Interesting, I have three days off and a 07 Dodge Charger, trying to figure out how far I can go and what to see..........mayham to follow.
Posted: Mar 21, 2007 8:56 pm

Island of Adventure park is O.K. They have a good HULK ride, the Fire&Ice I rode a lot. The Spiderman ride was fun; watching the tourist freak out everytime is very entertaining. I got stuck in a big line at the Dr. Doom ride one time. "All hail to Dr. Doom!!" Over and over again. Disney has a arcade reality park. Disney Quest. It's 5 floors of old school games with modern virtual reality games. Go get drunk at a place called Wallys, near Will's Pub on 17-92? Orlando Ale House on University has a good selection of beer and the Copper Rocket further down on 17-92? is good spot. Most bars down there are not fun. This is a really good time of the year for fishing. I don't care where you go, just do it. I had some fun animal encounters when I lived there. Go to one of many Natural Springs they have down there. The pure clear water bubbles up the out of the auqifer, divers always gettin' into trouble. Might be some springs off the St. Johns river. I saw a dead gator in that river 20 ft. long; it was bigger than the boat I was in. Don't get pulled over!! The cops there are the biggest shitheads you will ever meet.
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 7:57 pm

I got fucking towed last night! Fuck Orlando.....
Posted: Mar 22, 2007 9:08 pm | Edited by: saispas

St. Pete???is that far from Orlando?

I think it is probably at least two hours...but we have real live beach, not fake Disney beach. Worth it, but now that your car is towed, you may need to find some mo' Orlandoesque activities!
Posted: Mar 23, 2007 7:01 am

It was a rental car and I got it out that night....100bucks cash...LAME.
Posted: Mar 25, 2007 9:52 am

There goes my new guitar bitch THANKS ALOT!!!!
Posted: Mar 26, 2007 1:50 am

Take some clothes back and go get it ya stupid bag!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®