Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Moondog Spot dies in mid-match!
griznitch
Posted: Nov 30, 2003 10:12 pm

Guess I'll watch wrestling next week...

Larry Booker aka Moondog Spot Passes Away
Reported by: William B. West - 11.29.2003 13:26 PM

Larry Booker, better known as Moondog Spot collapsed in the ring during last nights event at the Mid South Coliseum in Memphis He taken away by ambulance and transported to Methodist Central Hospital.

He passed away shortly after suffering the collapse, after many efforts to revive him. His family was present at the show and accompanied him to the hospital.

Manzoni
Posted: Dec 1, 2003 11:11 pm

jesus wept he looked to be in his 40s when he was wrestling rick martel and tony garea for the wwf titles in the 80s. then again maybe he is a moondog lineage. i could have sworn it was spot and rex though.
no, looks like the same one, twenty years later
Jakey Stiff
Posted: Dec 2, 2003 2:17 am

a modern american hero.

he died a "G".

peepstemple
Posted: Dec 2, 2003 2:23 pm

no this is not true I loved the moondogs my trip is spoiled .I now fell darkness entering my heart
shag
Posted: Dec 2, 2003 6:49 pm

does anyone remember the wrastlin match at the last place on earth when the jackballers played. there was some old wrestler walking around eating a raw chicken. looks sorta like that dude.
Uncle Dan
Posted: Dec 2, 2003 9:34 pm

Too damn many pro wrestling deaths lately: Stu Hart, Road Warrior Hawk, Crash Holly (who wrestled in the Memphis territory before his WWF/E tenure), and now Moondog Spot. Damn.
Human Garbage Disposal
Posted: Dec 2, 2003 10:26 pm

Waitasecond,i don't rememeber Crash Holly and Road Warrior Hawk passing away...what the fuck?

The Moondogs was a pretty fuckin' genius concept,and is sorely needed in these days of everyone in wrestling just being a generic "Badass"...
their style will never (and probably CAN never) be replaced!

Chubby Asian
Posted: Dec 2, 2003 10:45 pm

Damn , I didn't know about Hawk passing either. I was Hawk for Halloween 2 years in a row . My parents even let me cut my hair like his.
[url]http://www.artaid.org/hegstrand.html[/url}
griznitch
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 12:38 am

The wrestler at Last Place On Earth you speak of was none other than 'Man Mountain Link'. He worked in the midsouth for years.
Uncle Dan
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 2:55 am

Yep, Road Warrior Hawk died about a month or two ago. They did a thing about him on that WWE Confidential show a little after it happened. Dudley Boys won their match the following week on Raw via Doomsday Devise, in tribute, as well.

The reason no one (outside of wrasslin' geeks) has heard about the Crash Holly deal is because the circumstances surrounding it don't look too good. He choked to death on his own vomit and a newspaper write up on it says they found a bottle of Southern Comfort along with an empty bottle of generic Soma next to him. He was getting divorced and staying at Stevie Richards place. It's just awful. I haven't seen the WWE mention it once on their programs since it happened (a week or two ago), though I haven't been watching very closely lately. I mean, they did a video tribute for "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig when he died earlier this year of accute cocaine asphyxiation, why deprive Crash of mention. I think Crash deserves better. However, if you watch Sunday Night Heat, Stevie has started wearing tights like Crash's and coming out to his old entrace music. Other than that, I haven't seen any acknowledgement of Crash's death.

Rev_Dan
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 4:51 pm

Mr. Perfect died?? I didn't hear anything about that one! As for the rest of 'em that past away, it's actually really sad. I remember when I heard that Big John Studd died how tore up I was. It was horrible... Whatever happened to the guys from Demolition on the WWF?
Rev_Dan
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 4:52 pm

Mr. Perfect died?? I didn't hear anything about that one! As for the rest of 'em that past away, it's actually really sad. I remember when I heard that Big John Studd died how tore up I was. It was horrible... Whatever happened to the guys from Demolition on the WWF?
kevin e
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 7:42 pm

It's been a rough 3-4 years for wrestlers. You can add Rick Rude, Davey Boy Smith, Big Dick Dudley among others.

That sukcs about Hawk. He lived down the street from my friend by Clearwater Beach, Fla, and I saw him at a party at my friend's house about 1 1/2 years ago.

Uncle Dan
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 11:42 pm

Rick Rude--best scumbag heel EVER. GREAT as a champion, too--deserved to have held more straps with longer reigns than when he did have 'em.

Yep, Mr. Perfect is gone. He was wrestling an indie show in Florida and one of the other wrestlers stopped by his room to no response. He was dead when they found him. Accute cocaine asphyxiation, or something to that effect. Awful.

As for Demolition, Barry Darsow (the dude who played Smash) went on to wrestle for awhile in WCW after his WWF tenure. He wrestled there under his real name, and with this stupid golfer gimmick for a short while. He was the Repo Man for awhile, as well.

The dude who played Ax (can't remember his name) went on to wrestle the indies after WWF. He sued WWF a couple years ago over the rights to Demolition--WWF was rumored to be planning around that time putting together a new version of Demolition with different guys. I don't know if he's still with us or not--haven't heard an update on him in some time.

Brian Adams, the guy who played Crush, went on to wrestle for awhile in WCW. His biggest push there was as part of NWO when it split into "black & white" and "wolfpac"--he was on the white team. He was also the original "Demon" character in WCW (the KISS wretler, in Gene Simmons' facepaint) but didn't like the time that went into getting costumed up. So, he only appeared as the character during the unveiling with KISS playing in the arena, and the role was later passed to Dale Torborg. Adams went on to try his hand at professional boxing but his first fight was cancelled shortly before it went down. Now, he is some sort of bodyguard/assistant for "Macho Man" Randy Savage (who just released a rap album--no shit).

Terry "Bam Bam" Gordy is another crushing wrestling death from the last several years. The section on him in Mick Foley's first book broke my heart.

Human Garbage Disposal
Posted: Dec 4, 2003 4:27 am

Goddamn pills...

10 Bells to them all,they're gonna be missed.

Stagger Lee
Posted: Dec 4, 2003 4:43 am

RIP Elizabeth, too.

Seems like the wrestling world has a higher fatality rate than rock'n'roll.

kevin e
Posted: Dec 4, 2003 5:41 am

This is what my friend said about Hawk, "I had seen him the week before at the condo, he
came over to borrow our tape gun cause they were moving that weekend, he died 3 days later, after packing his house, in his sleep. His wife Dale couldn't wake him up. Really sucks, he was just about to become a Minister and had cleaned himself up and was preaching at this church."

Aside: my friend rents his place from Bushwhacker Luke. Tampa Bay is the wrestling capital of the world.

What ever came out about Miss Elizabeth dying at Lex Luger's place? I heard about it when it happened but hadn't heard anything since.

Uncle Dan
Posted: Dec 4, 2003 8:13 am

Yeah, I actually caught Hawk as part of a program Ted Dibiase put together for TBN awhile back. It was like a concept piece based around biblical/spiritual themes. Had not heard he was actually going full bore into the ministry.

Tampa does have great pro wrestling roots. Isn't that where the Malenko family is based out of?

The deal with Elizabeth got pretty ugly. WWE did a couple pieces about it on Confidential and more or less buried Luger. There was an investigation into her death and Luger was cleared of having had any hand or responsibility in it. She was taking some pain medication, can't remember if it was legally or not, and had some wine with the pills she took that particular night. The reason Luger was being suspected of having to own up to responsibility for it is because they found MASSIVE amounts of pills/steroids in the house he was sharing with her, I believe. Anyway, he was cleared (at least in terms of her death; don't know about the pill/steroid fall out) and the death was ruled accidental, I think.

Also on the previous post about Demolition, I forgot Brian Adams was also half of Kronik in WCW, a really badass tag team with lots of brutal power moves. They wrestled briefly in WWE once WCW was bought out but it wound up being a bust and they were quickly dropped from the roster.

Anyone interested in finding out more info about pro wrestling stuff/news might find the following sites helpful:

www.1wrestling.com (great site but TONS of pop-ups)

www.lordsofpain.net (smaller site; gets most info from bigger sites but does a fair job focusing on the stuff that's important and factual as opposed to gossip; reliable)

Manzoni
Posted: Dec 4, 2003 7:34 pm

hawk or animal, or both invented those dayglow zebra pants. they were popular for a bit i guess with weightlifters maybe. well the guidos in my high school used to have other shit like miami dolphin hats in that style. i don't think they owned the style just the past. they were called zeebaz or something like that. damn i don't remember what they were called. i saw them on cnn about 10 years ago talking about them.
Manzoni
Posted: Dec 4, 2003 7:44 pm

zubaz.

"So it happened that, in 1988, Hawk and two friends were hanging around their Minneapolis gym when Animal walked in wearing a pair of very baggy pants he'd picked up on tour. Everyone saw the light bulb at the same time. Flipping through ski and fashion magazines, they figured baggy pants were making a comeback. And to make them distinctive, shy not add crazy, vivid leopard, zebra and snakeskin patterns?

Thus was conceived the idea for Warrior Distributing Corp., sole manufacturer and distributor of Zubaz pants. Zubaz, Animal patiently explains, is gym lingo for "in your face," an oft-used sports put-down. "

Stagger Lee
Posted: Dec 4, 2003 8:27 pm

I saw New Jack wrestle on Halloween here in Toronto. Intense. Full on DMX style theme song that played throughout his match.

rockversusroll
Posted: Dec 5, 2003 1:21 am

You can hear Mr. Perfect eulogized in the track, "Perfect Friend", off of Macho Man Randy Savage's latest CD, "Be A Man".

No joke.

Uncle Dan
Posted: Dec 7, 2003 1:24 am

Another wrestling death today: the guy who played "The Wall"/"Awol" in WCW was found dead of a heart attack at 36 years old, in his hotel room. He was on tour in Japan at the time.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®