Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Anybody in Portland....
journeyfan007
Posted: Nov 30, 2003 4:06 pm

I'm movin' there sometime real soon, like, the day after Christmas. I've already got a place to live and shit, I was just wonderin' about the welcome wagon...Drankin' contest the day I get there, okay, Fierydrunk?
joe danger
Posted: Dec 2, 2003 3:57 am

i'm always down for a good time...
Human Garbage Disposal
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 2:26 am

Yup,Portland's fun!Still,i'm glad to have gotten out when i did! The last time i went it was only slightly different,but it seemed like the slight differences were insurmountable (sp?Fuggit!)enough to have been like i was never there in the first place!!!

Oh well... can't go home again.

fierydrunk
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 2:58 am

So that would be when? "Drinking contest"? Uhhhh...that ain't gonna happen, but I would be happy to have some drinks with you!

Portland is fun as hell on many an occasion. I am happy with it right now.

choo choo
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 3:00 am

GOD- why would you leave the wonderful,true and wholesome midwest!!!! DON'T DO IT! No Matter what the trendies say...I moved from Ohio to Portland and everone is not for real like they are in the heartland- everyone wants to BE cool...NO MATTER WHAT. If this is what you're looking for, fashion over friendship, then go, there are a few accidentally cool people there like buck dagger and jen / viva la revalution. If you still insist, I suggest the jockey club on Killingsworth in North Portland. Why not just try CinCinnnati( I know , I know, p.c.er's)-Or Detroit or Cleveland ???
fierydrunk
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 3:28 am

C'mon...give it time. I did and it is all OK. Hipsters are everywhere, even Cincinnati and certainly Detroit (!!!), just blow em off or hey, check them out and they just might be OK people after all. There are plenty of Midwesterners and Southerners here that have kept it a bit more real...if you insist.

I love clothes.

louie
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 3:28 am

you can get work at OAKS PARK in the summer...louie
joe danger
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 3:34 am

hipsters ruin it for everyone. just ignore them and you'll be ok.
fierydrunk
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 5:42 am

What constitutes "hipsters" these days anyway?
moody prick
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 5:59 am

everybody else
Rev_Dan
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 4:36 pm

I agree with Choo Choo on this one. Midwesterns are good folks. I'm from Indianapolis and it has takin' me almost a year to make real friends up here in NYC. I love this city and I think the move was the best thing I've ever done, but to quote the Gizmos "The Midwest Is Alright".
journeyfan007
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 7:41 pm

The Jockey Club's a good time. I took a date there when I was in town last time. She was on the wagon and ordered water, which came in the filthiest fuckin' glass I've ever seen!
Last I heard, she was drinkin' again.
journeyfan007
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 7:43 pm

And to quote Dow Jones & the Industrials, "Can't stand the midwest".
moody prick
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 7:53 pm

Anything west of the continental divide just aint calling my name any more than Europe is. There's good folks everywhere, but for the complete package, three cities, connect the dots - Detroit/Memphis/New Orleans.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 10:22 pm

I've always realy wanted to move to Cleveland but I've never been there....Dayton's as north as I've ever been and I froze my nuts off.....I think the more south you get the funnier people get...but not necessarily Ha Ha funny....but still totally ha ha funny...
joe danger
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 11:09 pm

took a date to the jockey? that's like telling someone you have crabs.
Jakey Stiff
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 11:14 pm

Atlanta is the whore capital of the western world.

Come to where the nectar runs freely.

Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Dec 3, 2003 11:36 pm

I precedent no doubt started by thier acceptance of an International Airport......sure we'll take all your rich Middle Eastern schlongs penetrating our runways.

No I've liked Atlanta everytime I've been there....I like Savanna better thow.....thier Ghettos are like something out of Huck Finn or something.

journeyfan007
Posted: Dec 4, 2003 3:43 am

The Jockey Club was her idea...
Was she trying to tell me something?
Human Garbage Disposal
Posted: Dec 4, 2003 4:16 am

CHOO CHOO IN THE HAYOUOOOHHHZZZE!
Human Garbage Disposal
Posted: Dec 4, 2003 4:19 am

Uh,i mean Hizzouse! Still,she's probably right about Ohio,but i 1000% disagree about the Donkey Club- AVOID IT AT ALL COSTS 'CUZ IT FUCKIN'SUCKS!!!!!!!!

Of course,it's easier to avoid now because it just closed down... i shed no tears.

peterlaughner
Posted: Dec 5, 2003 12:00 am

Some crazy bar wench taught me how to play Bingo at The Jockey Club one night. I ended up winning her sixty bucks with my picks. She bought me a few drinks and we almost went in the bathroom to fuck but my friends literally dragged me out of there at the last minute. On the way out, bar wench screamed at my pals that they were just a bunch of 'sweater hipsters' whatever that means. One of the bartenders there gave me some blow for free once. The memories...
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Dec 5, 2003 12:34 am

Dude if you don't know what a sweater hipster is your to far gone.....you should have at least got some heavy petting under the table.
Human Garbage Disposal
Posted: Dec 5, 2003 12:58 am

Yeah,reading back what i wrote,i guess i was kinda harsh in my condemnation!After all,my old band got to play there,and i have had some good memories (that i can piece together from being Blackout drunk!),but how many times have i gone in there w/the intent of having a fun drunk time and get bummed out by the depressing vacuum that can hang over the place when one is waiting for their man?

The bad still outweighs the good in my opinion...guess i'll never be cool enough to fully appreciate the place.

journeyfan007
Posted: Dec 5, 2003 1:11 am

I liked how Damien served my ex-girlfriend two beers knowing that she was underage and nervous as hell because she's a twitchy one, and then carded her with the biggest smile on his face. She dropped her beer and ran into the bathroom, crying and shaking.
That guy's pure evil.
fierydrunk
Posted: Dec 5, 2003 1:58 am

Pretty rich, that Damien.

I haven't set foot in that place in well over a year.

Lately it has all been Club 21/Colosso/Slabtown/Sandy Hut/My Father's Place and even the damn Rialto and maybe other places I have no memory of where they are. Where are the best places of late for tippling, Portland people?

choo choo
Posted: Dec 5, 2003 3:52 am

Yeah, you'll probably enjoy it for a while. Especially if you're a guy.The chicks there are generally caddy and backstabbing. I never experienced shit like that before...keep it in mind...I'm living in New Orleans, now,and I like the people I know here- but I'm working on moving back to somewhere in the midwest...
louie
Posted: Dec 5, 2003 3:56 am

the jockey was fun. darin used to collect purses from girls all week and on monday (the day of the week that OAKS PARK is closed) i would shit in all of them and we would take pictures of people picking them up at the bus stop...joe, KONDOR is bringing back some 10-4 songs from the dead. just thought i would tell you that...loomis
Vas
Posted: Dec 5, 2003 4:30 am

Loomis, e mail me Terrys phone number would ya? Juvievas@yahoo.com Oh yeeah I quit the Girls haha and live at my parents at the moment!
choo choo
Posted: Dec 5, 2003 7:04 pm

The JOCKEY CLUB was my favorite bar, ever. My liver is still recovering from the damage. Where else(besides the sub-galley in cincy ) could everyone get drunk and laid for free. That place gave me plenty 'o cheap thrills. If it's closed now, I'm never going to portland again. The jockey club was the only place in Portland where I felt like I didn't have a gag order on my mouth.Oh well, nothing good could last...
Human Garbage Disposal
Posted: Dec 5, 2003 9:10 pm

Damien's awesome! Definitely a Brite Spot (Guess which PDX bar i'm punnin'!)in an otherwise dreary waterin' hole!

I never fit in with Portland EVER,and yes there are some sour grapes,but i don't want folks on this board thinking i'm some judgemental Straight Edge fuck-i've got nothing aginst drugs,i just don't wanna be tempted into bad behavior from my past!

The only place i felt at home (besides houses) in Portland was probably Billy Ray's when they had bands! Typically,i hated the post-Raver Hippie/Bad Folk Art "renovations" (esp.the smiley faces painted on the outside-i almost had a seizure when i saw that!),but once the music booking came correct it became a cool little peetree (yup,sp)dish for up-n'-coming local talent!

Some of the best Hunches shows i saw were there,and anyone that saw Adam Baby puke on stage when The Exploding Hearts played will never forget it,even if they were as shitfaced as he was when he was puking!Sure there were problems w/ that place too,but it was my own personal CBGB's for a while,and i'll always have a soft spot in my heart for it...

It always sucks when places close,but unless we go into Martial Law tomorrow,there's always someplace new around the corner,so get ready for what's next!!!

louie
Posted: Dec 5, 2003 9:16 pm

yeah adam puked staight stumik acid on to the two or three people. it was orange water. like when you got butt pee. just it was commin out the other way...louie
Human Garbage Disposal
Posted: Dec 5, 2003 9:22 pm

So Louie, which 10-4 songs do ya do in Kondor? And when's the record comin' out?

Good to see Vas on the board...finally there's ANOTHER SEATTLE GONER on this thing!How's livin' w/ the Fam treatin' ya?

Scott
Posted: Dec 5, 2003 10:56 pm

When are ya movin' to Memphis?
Scott
Posted: Dec 5, 2003 11:00 pm

What constitutes "hipsters" these days anyway?
--fierydrunk

Anyone who has every posted on this board is in trouble. If you post as much as me you're beyond help. If you post as much as Alienator you deserve to get pissed on. If you are Alienator you should be shot.

joe danger
Posted: Dec 5, 2003 11:21 pm

x ray cafe was a cool club. i think that was part of the reason i moved here. it was just so freaky and weird. whatever's a cool bar. the hungry tiger. porky's is great for shows. as is the twilight. as is the dunes. actually, right now, portland is a pretty cool place as far as bars that have free music and aren't too hip.

a hipster isn't easy to define, but you know them when you see them. it sort of goes back to high school. for me at least, there were the punks and there was everyone else. now we're all grown up and alot of those people who were everyone else are now hipsters. there's a sort of lack of authenticity in hipsters. but hipster girls are usually cute.just like preppy girls were in high school. hipster girls rarely talk to me, either. now i'm 31.

oh wait, this isn't realjournal...

Vas
Posted: Dec 6, 2003 3:58 am

whats yer name is human garbage? Family life is alright. So great that i decided to move back in 3 months. I wonder if my band will take me back. probably not. who cares. This place is a fucking hell hole.
fierydrunk
Posted: Dec 6, 2003 6:51 am

These is the last words I'll say on the "Is Portland cool or the Devil?" debate:

I'm a girl.
I like it.
I have fun.
I have been royally backstabbed by catty women in virtually every city I have lived in, even the Holy City of Memphis, maybe even especially there (no, that is West Memphis).
I have likely been a bitch myself in every city, depending on my mood.
There are good bars and good people...in Portland, in anywhere.
It is all what you make it, y'all.

moody prick
Posted: Dec 6, 2003 10:49 am

Richard Meltzer still in Portland?
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Dec 6, 2003 7:14 pm

"I'm a girl"
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Dec 6, 2003 7:18 pm

Yeah, Cinci is fuckin great. Sub Galley is great, I thought they closed down in like 99...but then somebody told me that it was still open, and I know one of the bartenders...I haven't made it up there, on account that I'm estranged from many I know up ther...Sudsy's is great...another place that I thought closed in 99 and reopened.....The Gault House is where you can see all your favorite hipster bands! Actually my old roomate just opened a bar in Newport, I haven't been up there yet, because he's one of the aformentioned estranged peeps...but I imagine it's alcoholic central.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Dec 6, 2003 7:21 pm

What's that other place that used to be cool, right across from Sudsys? I saw Sloppy Seconds and Joe Strummers Mescaleros there? They went under new managment in 99 and pretty much suck now.

A hipster is anyone who fronts like they have good taste in music, but any record geek can tell you that they don't know shit....they usually dress in sweaters or wear colorfull shoes or do any number of hipster things, as a badge of thier hipsterness....

Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Dec 6, 2003 7:25 pm

Oh yeah hipsters! Soledad Bros and handfull of other garage bands are all from Cinci...like the Greenhornes.....but I can tell you that 4 years ago, the only garage band in Cinci was Greenhornes....it's mostly bullshit I think....Soledad Bros are there for Med School.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Dec 6, 2003 7:38 pm

PS. It's been my observation that many socalled "record geeks" are "want to be hipsters"...so you realy need to be carefull what record geeks you talk too.....but the thing is that if you can't spot a hipster, chances are that you are one.

This isn't like a sick game it's just like group dynamics...and cool people are always kind of outsiders in one sense or another.

Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Dec 6, 2003 7:43 pm

As long as hipsters are contrived self righteous assholes I don't have a problem with them.....the thing is that most of them seem insecure beyond belief...and that's why they feel a need to maintain some kind of bullshit status quo...I'm being serious here....actually hipsters......

Everyone on here is a hipster in the sense that we all have particular tastes that we use to feel people out and make friends...but the differance is that it's not based on like what the popular fashion is...that's like the real difference......some people want to be accepted, and some people got special needs and interests for the music....that's been my observation.....this town is like 95% hipster, and the worst kind, fuckin Slint Emo Hipsters...I fuckin hate Slint...and Squirrel Bait.

Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Dec 6, 2003 8:35 pm

Good music and art always comes about as a reaction to popular society, because the masses are always idiots. It doesn't if it's a conservative or a liberal society, the herd are always idiots. What can make and era like the 60's or the late 70's, or the 90's significant...is that total fuckin outsiders are at the lead...the herd masses are following the lead of like John Lennon or Jimi Hendrix or whatever...It realy is a cultural renaissance in that true artists are tipping everyone off....it's not just hipsters regergitating fashion...

I mean think of it like this, The Ramones and The Sex Pistols, did something revolutionary, and gave the world a new aesthetic, and then working with that aesthetic, bands like The Cars and The Knack and The Go Go's etc. where able to perpetuate certain aspects of it...basically just keep selling it to the herd masses. There was a huge back lash from the core fanse when The Beatles got big, just like when Nirvana, and The Sex Pistols got big.....there wasn't any kind of backlash whe The Cars, The Knack, or The Go Go's got big was there?....People openly embraised them as the next Big Thing...and everybody started wearing skinny ties and close cropped hair, exept for Mick Mars of Motley Crue........that's the way you have to look at this stuff, and where do hipsters fit in? Where do the White Stripes fit in? Think about it....I mean what was the percpective of the people who were into the Ramones and The Sex Pistols and Bob Dylan? Damn Bob Dylan is like the quitessential example of what I'm talking about....he would get booed off stage for going big time.....what do you think he represented to his core fans? I think when you can start to understand this aspect of music culture, you can start to understand who's a hipster and who's not, and also what's new and significant and what's not....versus what'll get you laid for a month. They both are very important phenomena, but one is like way more that hipster drivel....I mean hipster aren't realy welcome, and they never get there untill it's to late.

Now that I got that out of my system, maybe I can get back to this math homework.

Al Po
Posted: Dec 6, 2003 9:24 pm

Would you pick up some tomacco when in OR? It would really round out my holiday feast.

http://www.abqjournal.com/shock/110279shock11-16-03.htm

Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Dec 6, 2003 10:27 pm

Rocket scienc biochemist hippis, love the Simpsons...but it doesn't matter...because Springfield, low and behold, is based on Springfield Kentucky......the proof is in the pooding.....Springfield, Ky, is located just a stones throw from Shelbyville, Ky....and the Shelbyville in the Simpsons is described as follows:

quote:
Shelbyville is a fictional town in The Simpsons universe located (immediately) adjacent to Springfield. It was founded by Shelbyville Manhattan in 1796 to give people a place to marry their cousins. The city has feuded with Springfield ever since.

"a place to marry their cousins" that seals it...The Simpsons live in Kentucky....Kentuckians would never fuck with tomaco, because they'd just eat raw tobacco.

Human Garbage Disposal
Posted: Dec 7, 2003 12:38 am

Vas,i forgot your folks live in the Tri Cities! Ouch!!! Why'd ya quit,if it's not too secret? They might find another guitar player,but will this person have the same kinda chemistry w/ the band? You might have a chance,who knows?...

Portland's not the devil.I think it's a perfectly cool li'l town,esp.after touring around and seeing other places,i just never quite fit in with what's goin' on there,even when it changed and got better (in my opinion anyway).I got no reason to complain though- i still managed to carve a niche for myself,and i still gots my friends!!!

Scott,i'll move to Memphis as soon as Bush is outta office (gotta have that EZ access to Canada,you know).If it wasn't for that i'd already be lookin'for an apartment!

I still wanna come to down to visit,drink,rock... whaddevah ya want!

And finally,always remember this:A Hipster's just a strnger you haven't met!!!

Vas
Posted: Dec 7, 2003 2:18 am

Human Garbage Disposal, You still havent revealed your real name! I quit and moved back for a couple months cause we got back from tour and i was broke and homeless so i need to save some $$ up and go back.
Human Garbage Disposal
Posted: Dec 7, 2003 10:44 pm

The Human Garbage Disposal you seek is Joe! Big fat dude,flattop,plays keyz... you know who i is!

Having to move back in w/ the 'Rents to save $$$ is an understandable and sometimes unaviodable fact of life! Good luck in getting back to civilization ASAP!!!

And a hipster is a STRANGER you haven't met!One of these days i'll know how to type...

fierydrunk
Posted: Dec 8, 2003 12:10 am

Joe,
You're a good man.

fiery

Vas
Posted: Dec 8, 2003 2:48 am

AHHHHHHHHHH JOE!!!!! whats goin on buddy? Tell me theres some sort of opening in The Spits camp for an ex girl hehe. Yeah im gonna be back as soon as i get enough $$ for 1st and last months rent and enough booze for the whole weekend cause i will be celebrating.
The way i looked at it in Seattle was a Hipster is someone who plays in a band that hangs out at the cha cha. A scenster is someone who looks like hes in a band, but has never actually even touched an instrument, who hangs out at the cha cha.
trashcanblackbird
Posted: Dec 8, 2003 7:24 am

Hipster Bingo for fun and profit:

www.catbirdseat.org/catbirdseat/bingo.html

ct

Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Dec 8, 2003 9:20 am

My Cincinatti scene report was fucked up.....The SouthGate House is where you can see hipster shows....Rocket From The Tombs just played there....The guy that invented the Gatlin Gun lived there...and then in the 80's when the Mafia ran Newport, they gutted it out and turned it into a discotech....It's got a very Russian Mafia 80's Discotech Miami feel about it....I get them mixed up see, becuase the Galt House is the second fanciest Hotel in Lousville, second to Brown Hotel, where Al Capone used to hang out and had secret passageways behind the walls, and speak easy bars folding in the walls....Gatlin Guns and Al Capone...i'm bored.
Human Garbage Disposal
Posted: Dec 9, 2003 10:45 pm

Thanks fiery!

Vas,can you play drums?

fierydrunk
Posted: Dec 9, 2003 10:58 pm

Vas,
You summed it up perfectly, but pray tell, what is Portland's version of the Cha Cha??
Vas
Posted: Dec 10, 2003 3:03 am

Joe,

Im very rusty at the moment seeing as i havent sat down and played in like 2 years. I can start practicing again. I cant play as fast as wayne for a long streach of time.

Fiery,

I havent really spent much time in portland. This Friday i ll be down there hanging out maybe then i ll find out.

choo choo
Posted: Dec 10, 2003 7:11 pm

I LOVE NEWPORT, KY and the southgate house- I also lived in milwaukee, WI... there are some really nice, cool people there. Kryptonite records and bands I like, like the mistreaters live there, too. I love the cinci area, what the hell's up there, now?I guess I'll just go and visit and see.I'm stuck outside of new orleans and I'm definately not likin' it.There are some people I like, but , man, igorance and violence is the day, everyday. Atleast I'm not stuck all the way out in Portland ,Oregon with the meth heads and stupid hipster snobs. You know who you are.
choo choo
Posted: Dec 10, 2003 7:24 pm

Though I dislike Portland, I don't want hart, chris or sara hunch or terry, brinda or any jockeyclub loser to think I'm talking about them , just the general public who fucking argued with me about bullshit and all the women who enroll in feminism 101...
razor a go go
Posted: Dec 10, 2003 7:26 pm

I hear this Sparks beverage is taking over Cincinatti.

I always enjoy my visits there, even at hipster bars with murals painted on the walls, girls' sweaters worn off-the-shoulder, and mixed drinks. It is like I am in Silverlake!

Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Dec 11, 2003 12:01 am

I don't know where silverlake is, but I do know a two guys that live in that fancy ass neighborhood that all the Bangles live in....they still live with thier parents but they both have thier own wings. One guy's parents are in real estate, and the other's family started out poor, but it turned out that they were heirs to some tobacco fortune...They used to be into good punk rock, now one's in a Iron Maiden cover band and the other's, like working for some business furm...and he takes prozac....Eversince he was 19 and crashed this party in his nieghbor hood while he was on acid....The Mayor of Cincinatti was there!.....so anyway I don't associate with them to much.

about 4 years ago, I stayed in a house in Newport about 2 houses up from Jillians...helping house sit my roomates parents house.....he said that when he was a kid, and the Mob ran Newport...like one time this guy jumped their fence in the back yard and died from a stab wound....it was probbably not the mob, just some wino. Down Town Newport is sleazy as shit....I'd still go up there for Mardi Grass. See some redneck boobies. Covecath girls are easy too.

razor a go go
Posted: Dec 11, 2003 12:20 am

my cousins all went to CovCat. I went to O-Cath. I was not easy until I started public schools though. I might go up that way for New Years but I am not sure yet...
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Dec 11, 2003 12:22 am

You seem frigid to me...
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Dec 11, 2003 12:53 am

Another reason to like Cincinatti:

Jerry Springer used to be the Mayor there, untill he got caught writing/bouncing bad checks....they forced him to rezine and he decided to become a talk show host....

One more reason to like Cincinnatti.....cheese conies.

One more reason to move to Texas over Cincinnatti: No fuckin spaghetti in thier fuckin chile! Texas rules.

fierydrunk
Posted: Dec 11, 2003 4:36 am

Vas,
What are you getting into when you are in Portland???

Definitely if you find out the equivalent, post it up here.

Vas
Posted: Dec 11, 2003 5:31 am

Fiery,
Im just going down for friday to go get wasted with terry. Alls i know is booze is on the agenda. Only thing i know of goin on is a Weaklings show at the Twilight so far. You know of any parties or other shows? Vas nees to get waaaaaaaaaaaaaasted.
fierydrunk
Posted: Dec 11, 2003 5:53 am

You know, I have no idea what the haps are this weekend...chances are, you are gonna get "waaaaaaaaaasted" cos everyone I know, including me, has been drinking drinking drinking of late to cope with this shit weather. I think there are a bunch of parties going on...I will let you know if I hear of anything.
joe danger
Posted: Dec 11, 2003 6:05 am

kenny rogers christmas show at the rosegarden on friday. that's where i'll be.
fiery, pary for jon willet on sat. you know he's going on a 6 month psychedelic sabbatical to india, right?
fierydrunk
Posted: Dec 11, 2003 8:05 am

yup--where's it at---shit, why are we not having this conversation ON THE PHONE???

Ahm callin.

Vas
Posted: Dec 11, 2003 8:19 am

fiery,

have i met you before? if so what is your real name. Fuck i got a job interview at 4: 30 and im like 3 and a half hrs away. hopefully my ride doesnt leave me. Keep me posted on whats goin on that night. Maybe we can meet up. Im gonna go meet terry at pizza shmitza at 9.

fierydrunk
Posted: Dec 12, 2003 12:47 am

I don't think we've met, but you never know. I am Kristin and I don't think I even know who Terry is, but then again, YOU NEVER KNOW.

I will keep you posted--I heard there is a party in NW where Party Time is playing and another party at the Lucky House in SE.

choo choo
Posted: Dec 15, 2003 11:30 pm

Vas, could you please tell terry hi from choo choo and that i love him?! thanks. I'm glad I'm not in Y'all's weather drinking myself to death to cope. It's sunny and crisp in new orleans. Doctor Sardonicus and razor a go go, what up. I want to visit the KY and cincy area soon. Do you live there?
journeyfan007
Posted: Dec 16, 2003 12:28 pm

I'll be there by New Year's Eve--what's happening that night?
journeyfan007
Posted: Dec 16, 2003 12:30 pm

Er, Portland, that is.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Dec 16, 2003 9:38 pm

Choo Choo, I'll put anybody up who wants to come up....I'll get a hotel thow, since my parents haven't sold thier house yet and still live in bumfuck.....if anybody needs any help in my local, I'm always available.
fierydrunk
Posted: Dec 17, 2003 1:57 am

Not to fuck with New Orleans, but that city also drinks itself to death to cope any ol time of the year.
fierydrunk
Posted: Dec 17, 2003 1:59 am

New Years will most certainly be wildin', you know, we'll be drinking ourselves to death to "cope". Let it whip!!!!
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Dec 17, 2003 6:30 pm

Chase that dragon.
journeyfan007
Posted: Dec 17, 2003 7:38 pm

"Coping" is what I do best.
Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Dec 17, 2003 8:11 pm

I "cope" as an excuse to drink.
joe danger
Posted: Dec 18, 2003 4:41 am

cope this.
Womb Raider
Posted: Dec 18, 2003 5:14 am

drinking to cope! that gives me an idea!
journeyfan007
Posted: Dec 18, 2003 5:15 am

"Coping" is a way of life. You can't just "cope" this and "cope" that. Unless you're Julian Cope.
fierydrunk
Posted: Dec 18, 2003 5:16 am

Cope away!!!!

Joe D--going to see Les Temps Fetes (translate back to anglais) tonight or are you not into them no mo'??? Methinks it is free and it is early too (like 10).

Doctor Sardonicus
Posted: Dec 18, 2003 7:54 am

Right now I'm coping with missing my team....I'm coping with thier stupid loss...I'm coping with leaving a important UPS package on the steps all night.....and my penis hurts...I need a drink.
joe danger
Posted: Dec 19, 2003 11:49 pm

i think i still like them, fiery. like a handfull of other bands, i wish they were a three piece. they're not one of those bands i can see all the time.
joe danger
Posted: Dec 19, 2003 11:51 pm

"in the old days, warming up for a show was playing 'find the cobra' with one of the hotel porters"- mitch from 'a mighty wind'
fierydrunk
Posted: Dec 20, 2003 6:42 am

I know how you feel about Party Time...I think you should go sometime soon though, it is sounding pretty good these days.

Wha Happened?

choo choo
Posted: Dec 26, 2003 2:54 am

well, I am going to fuck with new orleans, and that's why "Girls go wild". It does suck, but atleast there's some jobs and some sun.People aren't passive aggressive, and I'm going to work my ass off to leave before I end up in a gutter.
eric o
Posted: Dec 26, 2003 1:38 pm

I CAN'T DO MY WORK!
journeyfan007
Posted: Dec 26, 2003 9:58 pm

You'll grow some new hands soon.
joe danger
Posted: Dec 26, 2003 10:41 pm

so so fire, eric.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®