Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / PHIL SPECTOR TRIAL STARTS ON MONDAY
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 11:06 am

URL
I'm excited.
Here's the interview he did 36 hours before he shot Lana Clarkson (URL) in the face.
'I'm probably relatively insane'
URL
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 11:40 am

Leonard Cohen would later recall how on one occasion in the studio Spector approached him with a bottle of Manischewitz (Jewish ceremonial wine) (!!!!!!!!!!) in one hand and a pistol in the other, placed his arm around Cohen's shoulder, shoved the gun in his neck and said: ''Leonard, I love you.'' Cohen, with admirable aplomb, moved the barrel away, saying: ''I hope you do, Phil.''

- Is there any book that has all the Crazy Phil stories?
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 11:54 am

''To all intents and purposes I would say I'm probably relatively insane, to an extent.
To an extent. But I can function in the world.''

''Reasonable. I'm not ever going to be happy. Happiness isn't on. Because happiness is
temporary. Unhappiness is temporary. Ecstasy is temporary. Orgasm is temporary.
Everything is temporary. But being reasonable is an approach. And being reasonable with
yourself. It's very difficult, very difficult to be reasonable.''
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 1:21 pm

"I am a product of first cousin marriage, my mother & father were first cousins"
-Phil
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 2:04 pm

Man... I'm gonna be glued to the tv with a bag of popcorn. It is going to be on tv right? In a perfect world this trial would make O.J.'s trial look like traffic court.
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 2:14 pm

Yes, it will be on TV.The judge said "we have to get beyond OJ Simpson".
I'm in Austria so my only chance to see it is if it's on cnn which would mean no sleep.

I'm sure all of you know those pictures but I'll post them anyway
URL
URL
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 2:30 pm

Ronnie Spector didn't even mention him at the R&R Hall or Fame induction. She hates his guts.
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 3:18 pm

Zipadee do dah!
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 5:33 pm

i know a couple guys who worked for him in the studio. their stories always included guns. crazings for sure..... and these poor fellows have agreed to be character witnesses for him! that gun must have a hella long barrel

wondering if court tv will show this instead of whatever they have on during the daytime. a live feed would make the work-a-day hours so much more interesting
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 5:33 pm

Ronnie Spector didn't even mention him at the R&R Hall or Fame induction.

What do you expect her to say? "That could've been me"?
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 3:21 am

what's wrong with a little target practice??
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 7:01 pm

He will walk.

Look how long it took for this to even get to trial. That girl died four years ago
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 8:02 pm

Now way....I think he's goin to staight to jail. But who know's you may be right....MJ walked...TWICE!!!!
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 8:05 pm

he has too much money. if he can keep it out of the public eye too much he'll get away with it.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 8:15 pm

He should get away with it.
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 10:15 am

Crikey! Wish we could get this on TV over the pond!

When I interviewed Red Kross during the time I edited Bucketful of Brains, they told me that he held Celine Dion at gunpoint inna studio, after she'd decided to get him to cut River Deep Mountain High with her, after she played it on Letterman (can you imagine owt WORSE?) - according to the McDonalds, old Rodney Bingenheimer told 'em that Spector only let anyone out after Celine puked over his SHOES!
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 11:24 am

He should have shot her instead of poor Lana Clarkson!
Is there any chance that he will get death penality?
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 11:25 am

He should have shot her instead of poor Lana Clarkson!
Is there any chance that he will get death penality?
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 2:12 pm

there are two great books
"Hes a Rebel" which is an unauthorized biography that dishes all the dirt
and
"Be My Baby" by Ronnie Spector which is truly amazing. It really lets you in on what a control freak sicko Phil Spector truly is
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 2:14 pm

I tried to set up my tv to tivo it today but I didnt see it scheduled on court tv
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 3:17 pm

biography that dishes all the dirt
Yes!Thanks, I'll by them.
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 4:25 pm

They we're doing jury selection today, I imagine they can't televise that.
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 4:32 pm

I wonder if Phil's gonna wear his Hair Bear Bunch wig still.
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 4:33 pm

Crikey! Wish we could get this on TV over the pond!

Go on the Court TV website. They have streaming video I think.
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 5:50 pm

there are two great books
"Hes a Rebel" which is an unauthorized biography that dishes all the dirt
and
"Be My Baby" by Ronnie Spector which is truly amazing. It really lets you in on what a control freak sicko Phil Spector truly is

I have read them both and the Ronnie Spector book is intense, its a wonder she is still sane.
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 7:06 pm

This shit is not on Court tv....Anybody know where I can see this?
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 7:23 pm

great article from last weeks post:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03072007/entertainment/music/ron_nuts_musi c_maureen_callahan.htm?page=0

its a wonder she is still sane.

hahaha!
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 7:32 pm

All he did was shoot her in the face.

If she died, well, that's between her and God, now isn't it?
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 7:38 pm

who's gonna be ronnie spectors backing band on conan?
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 7:39 pm

the raunch hands!
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 8:28 pm

great article from last weeks post:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03072007/entertainment/music/ron_nuts_musi c_maureen_callahan.htm?page=0

I didn't know about the children. That's truly depressing.
Posted: Mar 19, 2007 8:41 pm

I just saw him on tv! He cut all his hair off and looks like John Denver! It's all strait and stuff! Crazy!
Posted: Mar 20, 2007 12:39 pm

URL

Now he wears a wig and looks like Britney Spears.
Posted: Mar 20, 2007 1:39 pm

Whoa! Transamerica time!
Posted: Mar 20, 2007 2:24 pm

"Hello, my name's Shirley...", innit? Looks like an airline stewardess!
Posted: Mar 20, 2007 3:03 pm

That Ronnie Spector book is good up until the end. When she starts talking about the healing power of rock'n'roll, or whatever shit she was saying. And, how many of you went out and looked for a copy of Siren after reading that book, only to find out that record sucked a lot more than she ever let on.
Posted: Mar 20, 2007 4:50 pm

He's got those blow-job eyes!
Posted: Mar 20, 2007 5:36 pm

That Ronnie Spector book is good up until the end. When she starts talking about the healing power of rock'n'roll, or whatever shit she was saying. And, how many of you went out and looked for a copy of Siren after reading that book, only to find out that record sucked a lot more than she ever let on

I found that record a couple of years ago. Its not awful but its a far cry from her 60's stuff.
Posted: Mar 20, 2007 7:13 pm

I didn't know about the children. That's truly depressing.

according to her book, he brought them home from the adoption agency as a "surprise," like puppies or something.
Posted: Mar 20, 2007 7:19 pm

What's Eddie Money have to say about all this?
Posted: Mar 20, 2007 8:00 pm

Jesus Christ that pick is frightening...
Posted: Apr 20, 2007 11:47 pm

Keith Richards and Yoko Ono will speak as character witnesses!
(Spector once fired a gun over Lennon's head. Lennon reportedly said to Spector: "Phil, if you're going to kill me, kill me. But don't fuck with my ears. I need 'em.")
Posted: Apr 22, 2007 10:18 pm

One of Spector's lawyer is a guy who once represented John Gotti. Dont forget Spector also has one of O.J. Simpson's lawyers in his corner as well.
Posted: Apr 25, 2007 6:13 pm

Any updates? I havent seen much coverage... but today at lunch I noticed a report on some news channel (Court TV?), the resturant was too loud.
Posted: Apr 25, 2007 6:33 pm

"The breakfast of champions is the opposition"
Posted: Apr 25, 2007 6:55 pm | Edited by: Parker

The actual trial began today. There are only 3 women in the jury. Good for Phil if you consider his past.
Unfunny article: URL
Posted: Apr 25, 2007 7:27 pm | Edited by: Parker

You tube

Lana Clarkson as Little Richard!!!!!!
URL

Interview with Mark Ribowsky, author of "He's A Rebel," and Beth Karas about Phil Spector's murder trial.
URL
Posted: Apr 25, 2007 10:23 pm

Prosecutor Alan Jackson told the jury that Lana Clarkson thought Phil Spector was a woman....URL
Posted: Apr 27, 2007 10:38 am

Court TV (five parts)
URL
Posted: Apr 27, 2007 12:08 pm

I can't wait until the last day of the trial--just as the jury foreman is reading the guilty verdict, phil spector pulls a jetpack out of his wig and escapes to another dimension!!!! (It's a kickass dimension where he and ike turner wear capes and turn everything they touch into solid rock gold. They use this magical soundboard that uses no electricity--it is powered entirely by the whimpered pleas of women)
Posted: Apr 27, 2007 1:06 pm

It's a kickass dimension where he and ike turner wear capes and turn everything...

I wish. Take me to the mothership.
Posted: May 18, 2007 10:41 am

"We will all take Prozac light and we'll have a wonderful time together."
http://www.insideedition.com/ourstories/inside_stories/story.aspx?stor yid=795
Posted: May 18, 2007 10:34 pm

Now that Joey's gone Phil has nobody to stand by him

I STILL say Ramones version of "Baby I Love You" rules!
Posted: May 30, 2007 1:30 am

i got my author on court tv as a talking head for this. live, wed, 8:30 am cali digits.

someone watch him! moses avalon, confessions of a record producer
Posted: May 30, 2007 2:22 am

moses is a jew name
Posted: May 30, 2007 2:27 am

or a nigger name. but in the case of producer, definely jew.
Posted: May 29, 2009 5:21 pm

Posted: May 29, 2009 5:50 pm

WTF! So somehow during all this he managed to get married!
Posted: May 29, 2009 8:48 pm

I was wondering that myself...!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®